The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fabric/tips?  (Read 1597 times)

Offline - Kaze

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cow / Koala
Fabric/tips?
« on: June 15, 2010, 06:22:17 PM »
Okay, I'm not wanting to make a complete fur-suit, but I wanted to make some cute little cow-ears [attatched on a headband or something] and a tail too, buut, I'm having a little trouble finding some cheap brown/white cow print fabric. Also, I'm not too sure on how I should make the tail more firm, would I have a string of metal inside it? Any tips would greatly be appreciated  :D :D

Offline juut

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
Re: Fabric/tips?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 11:47:05 AM »
My tail is fairy stiff with only the foam inside.
Just fill the tail up with enough furniture foam so it stays in shape while still remaining bendable. Metal wire makes it so stiff that the tail won't move naturally.

As for the fur. Couldn't you just use white and brown fur separately? Sew them together, then make ears and a tail out of it.
Or use brown fur for one ear and white for the other, white for the base of the tail and brown for the tip. Just an idea but it might work for you. :)

Offline - Kaze

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Cow / Koala
Re: Fabric/tips?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:18:33 PM »
Yeah. My other friend suggested the using different fabrics, I might try that. And thanks for the tip on the furnitue foam~ :D I'll have to try that too~