The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Burn, My Sweet, Sweet Valentine (Members Only)  (Read 5151 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Burn, My Sweet, Sweet Valentine (Members Only)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 01:44:40 AM »
Vanessa ducked as the tea saucer flew over her head, crashing into the far-side wall. Her expression was filled with clearest venom as she turned from her spot kneeling on the lounge room floor to look into the kitchen and its inhabitants. “I swear if you kids don’t knock it off, I’m gonna knock you off!” Rolling her eye, she pulled her cloak tighter around herself and tied it where it needed to be tied. Its several charms and other magical assistants gleamed in the meager light. No one but a Witch would be able to tell the difference between the cloak’s magical embellishments and your every-day, average decorations. That’s what made it so useful. Also devious in appearance was her staff. Despite its many blue feathers that circled around it’s top and white marble base, it was no different than any other fancy walking stick a rich woman might carry. But still….she needed to be careful with it, or in the wrong eyes, its true magical intent might become obvious.

Suddenly, the three children that had been messing around in the kitchen flew into the living room at breakneck speed, nearly knocking Vanessa over as they sped to gather around her. “Did you see it? Did you see what I did? Pretty awesome, huh?” The oldest, a cheetah boy with a gangly looking appearance asked of her, climbing up onto one of the leather loveseats.

Vanessa eyed the fragments of porcelain on the carpeted floor, the impact stain on the white wall, just inches away from a valuable painting. “Yes, I saw how you destroyed a perfectly good piece of dining ware. Very impressive.”

“We tried to get him to stop screwing around, didn’t we, Clara?” The youngest, a wildcat girl with blonde hair asked her similar–looking sister as they joined the boy.

“We sure did. We knew it was bad of him to do that, huh?” Clara said innocently.

“Is that so?” Vanessa asked off-handedly. She bent down to regather her burlap traveling sack, with its leather tussles and sun-moon ink design. “Changing your attitude pretty fast I can see. You kids keep acting so conniving to each other, then when the Hunters come, it’s going to be much less of a painful thing and more of a heartbreaking thing. You know what they do to a Witch if they catch them?” All three shook their heads. This made Vanessa curious, as apparently their mother hadn’t been responsible enough to tell them yet. “Well…I suppose since you’re children, they’d opt for jailtime…Ten years.”

“Ten years!!? You’re not serious. That’s…”

“A long time. And I am. They believe that ten years is long enough for a child to grow up and realize that they don’t ‘need’ magic. And that’s the decision they’d make for you on a good day….be it a bad day, and they’d probably assign you the same fate as if they caught your mother….” At these last few words, her face grew sullen. “If they got ahold of your mother, they’d probably kill her. They’d Burn her.

“But she didn’t do anything…!”

Vanessa huffed. “I don’t feel like talking about it anymore. You have my warning, now can you please try and behave for a short while whilst I go to town? Clean that mess up and go help your mother in the garden or something.”

“We will,” the three said after a long silence. She wondered whether they truly meant it this time around or whether they were just saying it out of habit. Then she stood up, bag awkwardly held in her singly functional arm, and checked her appearance in the mirror above the stone fireplace: good. Her face was hidden in shadow, most of her shockingly pink hair out of sight. Once she knew her identity was concealed, she proceeded to walk to the front door of the large cottage, boots squeaking on the floor. Several guests to her make-shift inn greeted her warmly as she passed, after all, she was, for the time being, their shepard of safe-keeping.

As she hesitated at the front door, seconds from stepping outside into the sun, she prayed that she’d be able to come back.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 01:23:21 PM by therebeunicorns »
x

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »
In the middle of a forest, a brook flowed lazily along it's path.   Birds of all kinds were singing their songs and a small fawn drank from the brook's cool waters.  The bright blue sky above was shrouded by the canopy, creating a speckled effect on the forest floor.

The world was peaceful here.

Suddenly the peace was broken as a crossbow bolt shrieked out of the bushes and into a tree.  The fawn bounded away, startled, as the birds around the brook took to wing.  There was a loud crashing in the brush as a young tiger woman came bursting into the brook's clearing.  Her face had the look of desperation as she ran for her life.  As she ran across the brook, a small river rock gave way under her feet and she collapsed into the brook.  She held her twisted ankle in pain for a moment before trying to run again, only for another crossbow bolt to slam into her ankle, dropping her onto a large sharp rock.  Her nose and lips bled over the surface of the rock, as the concussion she gained from the blow caused her to slip in and out of conciousness.

A slower, more methodical, crashing came through the brush as a tall hyena man pushed a few branches out of his way.  In his hands he held a crossbow, freshly fired.  He was whistling a happy tune at half of it's speed.  His wide brimmed hat covered his eyes as he approached the tigress.  The tigress's eyes slowly opened and stared in horror at the approaching man.

"Please....don't do this...."  The woman pleaded quietly, her body so overcome with exhaustion that every word was strained.  "...please...just...let me go...I promise...I'll never do it again..."  The man squatted down beside the woman, the water of the brook sloshing over his boots.   "...please...you're one of us..."  The man smiled and leaned in closer to the woman.  "...please...Nero...let...me...go..."

Nero sat there for a moment and then leaned in to whisper into the woman's ear.  "...I'd let you go...but you're just too beautiful when you're bleeding..."  The woman turned her head to look at him, horrified.  Her eyes locked with his and caught a glimpse of his glass eye before he kissed her.  Too weak to pull away, she tried to turn her head but Nero held her in place.  Then she screeched as he bit into her bottom lip and jerked his head backward, peeling it off of her face.  Quickly downing the bit of flesh, he stood up and began rummaging through his knapsack.  The woman held her bleeding mouth and roiled in pain, the blood tinting the brook red.   Then, finding what he needed, Nero pulled a book from the sack and opened it up to a dog-eared page.

"Caradum...xel'mac...ka'Aan...framus...tempna...flamentia...KAALA!"  The woman suddenly began shrieking as the last word was read.  Her fur began to crackle and singe on its own, and smoke began to seep from her mouth.  Slowly, her bright orange fur began to blacken and her skin underneath began to buuble and melt.  She writhed on the bank as her body burned with invisible fire.  Smoke was now billowing out of her mouth as her eyes burst open from the heat. 

Then, in a flash of fire and a final scream, the woman was dead.  In her place was an ash statue of herself.  Nero smiled again and kissed the sculpture on the lips, causing it to crumble into the brook turning the waters gray.  Nero turned away and walked back into the brush, where he had left his horse, whistling the tune once more.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 01:47:03 AM »
Maljus was now in the market of the town he just caused a spectacle in by throwing a child around. He went to a stall that sold wine and elixers, pointing to the blue bottle that had a glass stopper at the top. "Yes, I'm sure I want that bottle, or are you too blinded by your own foolishness to see where I'm pointing?" he snapped after the owner had a small look of shock at the choice he made. "Sir, someone your ag-" "I know $%#@ well what someone my age would be drinking, and I want that bottle right there!!" even though he was indeed old, he had an attitude and posture of someone in their thirties or late twenties. "Now will you hand it to me, or will I have to get it myself?!" the clerk gulped before nearly running back to grab the bottle and handing it to Maljus.

Maljus tossed a few silver coins and went on his way, uncorking the bottle and smelling the aroma of the drink he bought, its aroma put a grin on his face that hardly anything else could. Ah, Witch-bane, such a grand drink never had such an ironic name... he thought as he sipped the elixer then put the cork back on.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 02:11:46 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 11:24:30 PM »
Florencia sweat profusely as she finished her training with Jeanne. Her father came out and yelled at her, "Florencia, get back inside immediately! You have skipped another meal with your siblings, mother and I for this folly!" Florencia sighed as she sheathed the saber and returned to the castle. "Coming, Father! Stupid, grumpy old fart bossing me around like some prissy little (censored) who's supposed to stay inside and sit on her (censored) all day and waiting for a lazy, fat suitor to show up who only wants me for my body..." As she stomped past her father, Jeanne sighed and shook her head after he gave her a threatening look. "Jeeze'um. When will that man learn that his daughter can't be like those little prissies that everyone else raises. She's destined to be a fighter. That much is certain."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 04:50:36 PM »
"Well... sounds like your aspiring to somthing greater than just a merchant's guard... m' proud of you Kitt, ya know that?"
Kitt blushed lightly, his mail hauberk clinking... "Yeah but i couldna done it without you Miss Virrith.... Your the one who trained me with my falchion n' helped me get into the royal guards..."

Klara Virrith smiled, standing up she set the kettle back over the fire and pulled Kitt up into a standing position... "yes... but it's you who wields the sword..."
With that she helped Kitt pull on the armoured chest plate, greaves and the rest of the weighty royal guards uniform... smiling she opened the door to her modest home and waved to him as he walked back down the street as the sky overhead started to turn an inky dark blue....
"Until next time! Just dont go making these visits too often, or i'l never get my job done, and neither will you!"

Kitt laughed as he waved back "Maybe if i made them often enough, i could live in that house!"
As he walked towards the Inn, where he rented a room, he heard a single loud laugh and shout "Not on your Nelly you scavenging scallywag!"

Klara closed the door, finally sitting back down to her pile of coins and parchment.... tonight, was going to be a long night, it seemed the head of the merchants guild spent all her time counting up money.... sighing se resigned to the job, and inked her quill...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 11:16:07 PM »
Talin finally made it back the camp the Golden Knights had set up, and almost went head-long into Sindri, but spun around and fell right into the dirt with a tumble and toss. "T-two monsters in the woods... ones a dragon and the other resembles a red bird, I need help with killing them. I'm serious, they're much more dangerous than the wizards and witches!" he snapped at Typhus who started to laugh at Talin's panicked actions. Normally he would consider it weak to ask for help, but he couldn't even block the one he attacked before getting mauled to bloody chunks, and somehow brought back by the dragon.

Kale'ruk stretched and climbed back up the trees, seeing Kul'rik flying in the sky. "Stop loafing about and go find a place to cause havoc, I have orders to find one of the Goblin King's wards in the nearby city!!" he yelled before going back down the trees and bolting his way towards the city he was told Maljus was currently occupying.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 12:26:43 AM »
Typhus chuckled a little bit longer before drawing his broadsword. "You never told me where exactly they were in the woods!" He happily exclaimed. Talin was new to Typhus, might be a good fighter, might not. But it was two versus one so Talin had to be given some credit, he lived. Then he realized why the Knight fell facefirst, he looked up and saw the Witch Hunter, sitting on a branch.
"Witch Hunters... why am I not surprised.

"Witch hunters have a sworn duty to protect the Queen's realm from witches and heretics... I think I can expand that to include monsters." he exclaimed. He unsheathed his rapier and make a quick prayer, not for his sake, but for Typhus. He didn't seem to be quite the model Golden Knight, he was an excellent fighter, but his faith was now in question. It would be a shame to bring him for a burning, but life will continue on without one Golden Knight.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 01:20:46 AM »
Talin started to grin, but banished it as he got up and pointed south. "They're about five minutes that way, but since I just ran into them, they might be ready for more..."

Kale climbed up a nearby tree after stopping to catch his breath, and looked out over the scenery. He spotted an encampment of warriors, as well as the ferret he saved from the grave. He looked back and tried to get the attention of Kul'rik. "Free kills right here!" he shouted in Goblizk, making it sound like roars and screams to any who are not Goblin-born and within earshot.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 12:56:44 AM »
Gal-Neth floated away from the burning city, unsatisfied.  The town defenses were a joke!  Only 20 archers and around 15 Golden Knights.  No Silver Leaves...no siege equipment...not even burning arrows.  Sighing he floated into the forest.  He had figured such a large town would have been far better guarded than that.  Now his belly was full of half-wits and no-talent knights...and people like that always gave him heartburn.  "Well...there is always next time.  Maybe the King will send me to a castle next.  I sure hope so...all these easy kills are starting to make me fat."  With another sigh he floated into the cave where he had taken residence for the week.  Settling down on a dry patch of earth he shut his eleven eyes and began to slumber.

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 12:34:35 AM »
With a malicious grin, Arithme cackled, "Sounds like some good fun!" Her mouth watered at the idea of a real battle. She was starting to get bored with the animalistic monsters that might as well have been blind dogs. A dragon sounded like a challenge; a challenge that might claim her life. To die in battle was a true warrior's death, and she'd grown tired of life long ago. It was simply the fact that she despised cowardice that kept her from taking her life with the very sword at her waist, "Well what're we all standing 'round for? Let's go drive those beasts back to whatever hole they climbed from!"

A few of the others turned to look for their captain's approval. Turneal sniffed at the idea of multiple hunts in one day, but understood the threat to the kingdom. With a grumble he waved his hand, "Yes, yes, go kill the damned things."

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 12:59:27 AM »
Kale'ruk was dissapointed that Kul'rik wasn't taking part in the fight, and decided to throw the warriors off-balance with a 'welcoming' gift. He went through a long chant as a fireball appeared in his hand, and increased with intensity with each passing phrase. He then started to swing around the tree until he launched it up into the sky, letting it stop right above the camp before letting the true payload loose.

Talin saw a ball of fire rise out of the trees, then stop overhead. He felt nothing but terror from the sphere, and instantly went for cover. "Get down before it go-" an ear-bleeding screech resounded through the camp before the fireball started shooting less intense fireballs down onto the camp. Talin had ran under one of the few stone-based structures in the camp while the rain of fire was coming down on the camp.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 01:02:51 AM »
Sindri dove down under a rock structure, while Typhus shoved his sword in the air towards the monster, beckoning a challenge. The fire fell down around him, but he wanted to fight the monster.

"FIGHT LIKE A MAN, HAND TO HAND, UNLESS YOU DONT HAVE THE GUTS!" he yelled at the beast.

"Not exactly what I expected coming from a Golden Knight, but welcoming all the same" Sindri said under his breath, as he measured up on how to bring the dragon down if it wouldn't accept Typhus's ultimatum.