The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Need Help Identifying Lion Image  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Sukigod

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Need Help Identifying Lion Image
« on: February 08, 2007, 06:50:53 PM »
Hello,

My name is Randy and I'm hoping you might be able to help me.

I'm competing in a trivia contest that happens every February and part of this year's event is an illustration of a lion eating licking an ice cream cone. The picture can be seen here...

http://www.doahole.com/vt2007/no-19.jpg

I'm wondering if this lion looks familiar to any of you.

Every year, a group of people in Central Minnesota, USA, compete in a 50 hour trivia marathon. Some of the questions pertain to pictures that we are given before hand. This is one of those images. A best case scenario would be if you know who this is and where the image comes from.

We do not know what the question will be ahead of time so we try to figure out as much as we can about the photos. We've looked high and low, on and off the internet for this lion character and have come up completely empty handed so we're turning to the Furry community for help.

What has us stumped in particular is the what's the significance of the crown with the letter "M"  and why is the lion licking an ice cream cone? Was is used in an advertising campaign? Is it a mascot or  a children's storybook character? Why does the crown have the letter "M" instead of amore lion like name that starts with the letter "L"? We are pretty much at the end of our abilities in researching this lion image so we're reaching out for others help.

I thank you very much in advance for any help you might be able to provide us.

Sincerely,

Randy

Offline Tocharaeh

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Tochie's Den ^.^
    • Awards
Re: Need Help Identifying Lion Image
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 10:41:27 PM »
Looks like the lion from bed knobs and broom sticks
Cut off aA Wolves Head And He Still Have The Power To Kill You

-Princess Mononoke