The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 64796 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 11:01:55 PM »
Ember looked back at the group being devoured by the horde of wolves and then quickly forward again, cringing. "That's not pretty..." She said. "Glad it's not me." She shrugged and continued to walk. The steel carriage rolled past her. "What an idiot." She grumbled right before the carriage combusted and sank into the ground. "When I'm right, I'm right." She chuckled as she watched the four Mages pointing and laughing.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 11:51:20 PM »
*Nitrous could hardly contain the laughter in the back of his throat and started laughing at the misfortune of the combusted carriage and the contents of long gone into the ground below* "Fools, they had that crap coming to them!" *He smirked and walked along spotting a red gargoyle-bat hybrid and then a white tiger nearby each other he decided* "Time to play some people against each other." *He punched his fists together and shot a black ball that imitated a flame look and singed the ground under the white tiger then hid behind a tree* "Alright if not the original target, it might cause him to take it out on someone else." *A sly smile spread along his face in anticipation*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 12:37:24 AM »
Some of the wolves noticed Chrono was leaving, and left the now 3 somewhat alive bandits to bleed to death to follow the armored adventurer. Chrono of course, didn't realize he was being followed as his whistling drowned out the sound of their paws scraping against the dirt...

Chrono heard laughing over his whistling, and turned his gaze towards a sinkhole with mages around it. The dragoness mage caught his fancy for a few moments, but he knew she would rather kill him then consider him a friend. Its really hard to start a relationship with sentient beings at this time, too much room for greed He thought as he got at a hill and saw parts of the docks in the distance. He marveled at the general flatness of the continent as he walked down the hill.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 01:37:18 AM »
Justeph winced as he saw what now looked like wolves descend on a group of 7 and begin to tear them apart.

He gave a quick glance to the carriage, and was taken aback when a sinkhole appeared under it, and the whole thing was swallowed whole.

"People never used to have this fun murdering others in my hayday... they get all the luck!" Sindri cackled.

Justeph couldn't understand what was so funny.
Almost ten people were killed in the span of a few minutes. And now he saw some of the wolves begin to stalk a black armored figure.
"I put my money... that he's gonna be the 11th fatality...." Justeph said, but Sindri just laughed, The boy was learning how to be a Dark Mage alright. Sure he still was soft, but then he could have some sadistic fun!

"Here switch with me... I want the body for a little bit" Sindri said, suddenly very excitedly as he had an idea.
"Uhmmm.... ok?" Justeph said a little confused, the switch didn't take as long as one might expect, but now Sindri's consciousness and Majika was directing Justeph's body.

The out of body experience was unnerving to say the least, for Justeph. He resided in his body, but had no control over it... it's a very weird feeling.
Sindri walked up to one of the four laughing mages, and thrust his hand into the man's gut, his hand radiating black energy. The man, who looked to be the Earth mage who might've caused the sinkhole, howled in pain, as his body was thrust into lots and lots of pain. Both Sindri and Justeph felt a little slower, and a little weaker after the spell.

The other 3 mages reacted by throwing various spells at Sindri, who used their friend's writhing in pain body as a shield, using him to take the brunt of the spells. The earth user user died quickly under the barrage.
"By Everything that is Holy! What in blazes are you doing!" Justeph yelled.

"Entertaining myself, of course... and getting rid of the competition" was the only dry response. Dirt was kicked up by the spells thrown at them. Strangely an icicle landed near them, strange in the fact there was little water to use as ice.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:51:17 AM by Gabag »

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 01:47:18 AM »
Lazaryos felt the burn and jumped out of the pit, scanning all the people in sight behind him.. Hmmm.. black flames. No one in view is even close to drained, and that dragoness seems to be holding a ruby staff, so it's not her. Probably hiding somewhere... He looked harder and saw part of a black cloak flapping from just behind a tree. Lazryos concentrated his Majicka through his hands and into his staff. He pointed it at the tree where Nitrous was hiding and the Topaz on his staff glowed bright, even for daytime, and a large storm of lightning shot from it, incinerating the tree and its surroundings. Lazaryos winced slightly after casting a full storm spell. He rarely ever used anything beyond mid-level spells, but it had been ages, after all.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 02:00:38 AM »
Ember watched as a black ball of "flame" whizzed by her and landed by the feet of a white tiger. It seemed like a move that was supposed to frame someone of her abilities. Of course, it didn't take a genius to know that fire magic wasn't black so she wasn't surprised when the victim shot some lightning magic at a tree past her, incinerating it and its surroundings for her to see a black cloaked figure. "Maybe if you were smarter, you wouldn't waste your majicka trying to make others fight each other." She shouted towards the figure. "It's obvious that everyone fights enough on their own." She looked back at ravaged remains left by the wolves then at the sunken carriage. Looking at the ruby on her staff, she couldn't help but smile even in this situation and her eyes seemed to glow fiercely like the flames they looked like, in the sunlight.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 02:23:31 AM »
*Nitrous saw the lightning and jumped out of the way as the tree was torn apart and the brunt of it fell over to the side of him, just missing him by a few inches* "Crap... and now that chick is laughing at me!" *He got up and brushed himself off, twitching a bit from the electrical shocks going through his body* "That's alright though, I never go down without getting at least one hit in." *He smirked and he walked fast hoping to eventually catch up to the white tiger, putting the hood back over his head as it got knocked off from the fall*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 02:30:48 AM »
Chrono, after walking a a few more meters, noticed that what he actually saw in the distance were just stumps that the heat from far down the road distorted to look bigger than what they really were. He heard shuffling of feet going on behind him and turned around to see the entire pack of wolves he thought had lost intrest, suddenly no more than twenty feet away from him. "Why are you following me?!" they didn't give him an answer, which provoked him to walk up to them, but they all growled and bared their fangs at him. The same feeling of helplessness overcame him and he went on his 'merry' way. Of all the creatures to follow, why did they have to pick me?!
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 03:28:54 AM »
From beneath the cover of the dead Earth mage, Sindri prepared an orb of dark energy, however he added some extra majika then necessary, for an added explosive punch. It took a few seconds, during which he was mildly burnt across the side of his left arm, and had a decent amount of ice shards cut into his skin.

Now he had enough. When the orb was ready, he launched it into the center of the mage trio, when it hit the ground, they started laughing like they did when the sinkhole appeared. Just like with the man with the dagger in his teeth, Sindri smiled and waved bye bye to his enemies. Before they could figure out what he was doing, the ground where the orb hit, exploded in a brilliant flare of purple and black. The extra force was so great, the orb itself cost double the normal amount of a spell so minor, but it was worth it, because it sent the trio of them soaring.

The earthen mage went spiraling in the direction of Ember, his corpse didn't smack into her directly... but pretty dang close to at least make her jump. The fire mage was no where to be seen at this point, as to where he went Sindri couldn't care less.

The ice mage was sent hurtling at the wolf pack, and consequentially, at Chrono. The scent of blood was going to either set the wolves off, or just make them devour the dead mage.

Justeph watched on in horror. His mentor, his teacher... was now using his body for untold amounts of violence and just plain destruction. 
Sindri was panting from all the majika he had to exert to make that plan work. If it wasnt for the fact he had to take over Justeph's body in the first place, he'd be perfectly fine. Even though it was quick it took quite a bit of effort to take over Justeph's body, therefore he couldn't tap into the majika reserves he had so long ago in the past.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 03:37:56 AM by Gabag »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 02:21:34 PM »
Lazaryos watched as Nitrous approached and pointed his staff at the cloaked wolf before he got closer. "Stop right there, dark Mage. I've heard quite a bit about you, Nitrous the Loki. Your mischief is far too well known. I wouldn't want to waste any Majicka to kill today, especially a youngling like yourself. We'll have plenty of time to kill each other during Blue Crimson. I prefer not to spill blood that's not of a monster, lest it be on the battlefield of ages." He turned when he was sure the message sunk in and went back heading north. He let himself a little chuckle, though, seeing the Mage's head continually twitch, it was entertaining.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 03:13:46 PM »
Ember jumped forward with an "ugh!" when the corpse of an Earth Mage from the four Mages that she'd seen by the sinkhole landed beside her. She looked back at the body and shook her head. Looking in the direction from which the body came, she spotted Justeph and gave him a look that said "watch where you're throwing bodies". And thinking about that look and what it meant almost made her laugh at herself. She looked forward again as she continued walking towards the docks. She knew at some point she'd have to fight others going for the same thing she was, but she just hoped she could avoid it at least for the first day. It was just stupid to waste majicka on finishing off the competition so soon in the journey.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 03:20:37 PM »
*Nitrous growled at the white tiger and yelled back* "I'm not giving up yet!" *He kept stomping along and a couple more mages stared at him and he caught them when he turned his head* "DIE!" *He shot a beam of dark energy that smacked into them as Nitrous kept walking they fell to the ground in agony as if they were on fire, rolling around helplessly to try to put out the black flames* "Oh you'll get it soon enough tiger... you'll get it."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 04:22:06 PM by White Wolf Guardian »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 05:19:04 PM »
The wolves had less intrest in Chrono as a meal was tossed next to them which they happily devoured. Chrono started running to make the best of his time away from the wolves. "Seriously, they don't attack me, but they eat anything tossed at their feet?!. Bah... I just gotta get out of their sight, and not worry about 'why'" he mumbled that entire statement while running, not trying to expend too much energy throwing questions at himself.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 02:16:39 AM »
Sindri smiled as he waved to Ember, who just glared at him.

"Such friendly children these days... she'd look prettier if she was doubled over in pain..." He thought out loud. Knowing his majika casting limit was near, Sindri had just enough strength left to unroll the sleeping mat and to climb into it, and then he went into a deep sleep to recuperate.

However while Sindri slept, Justeph was still awake, while his body slept. He tried to wake Sindri up, but then just gave up and started to whimper.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2010, 02:36:22 AM »
Lazaryos continued to tread north, remaining about 20 meters behind Chrono. His only problem was Nitrous tailing him. Everyone was going to the same place, but Nitrous was particularly shadowing him and he didn't like it. Lazaryos took another look back and found quite a large number of Normals and Ember not too far behind, either and noticed that she was NOT a dragoness, but rather a gargoyle-bat. Her ruby shown well, even after the sun had set, just like his topaz. However, he noticed that Chrono had stopped and he walked up beside him and looked as well. It was a sea of black, but it seemed to move. "Allow me." Lazaryos pointed his staff upward, over the horizon and cast the same high-level spell he did on Nitrous earlier, and lit up the whole sky for a good 5 seconds. He winced once again at the feeling, but kept it hidden well. The sea of black became a sea of eyes and blood. Something was very amiss. This is the first time even Lazaryos had ever seen this many monsters in one place. He sighed and took a seat on the grass hill over-looking the plain. "It seems we're not going anywhere tonight. Damn, I was hoping for another couple miles to get to town..." And then it hit him as he noticed the lone tree next to him. On it, was carved "POINT 1". Lazaryos looked back down and realized, that WAS the town.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 02:38:23 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »