The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Wii - Cave Story  (Read 1989 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Wii - Cave Story
« on: March 23, 2010, 07:06:43 PM »
The downloadable game Cave Story on the Wii Shop Channel was released yesterday on March 22nd and costs 1200 points... and I can tell you right now... that every single penny you've got is worth every single one of those points, Cave Story is the most awesome Side scrolling game EVER on the Wii Shop Channel. There are 3 new game modes, 3 Difficulty settings, upgraded graphics, smoother gameplay, no lag at all or glitches, several new modifications to the scripts. Story mode for the original character which I will not say the name, Curly Brace story mode, Sanctuary Survival Mode, and there is a secret mode that you can get if you beat the game :3 *No telling*. The difficulty settings are Easy, Normal and Hard now, 3 Save spots with tons of modifications there too, resetting the game is much easier when needing to reload a save without attempting to die by pressing the Home button and resetting the game.

I already beat the game today and so many of the ingame sound effects have been changed and for the fans out there of Nicalis *the creator of this game* several in game chats have been changed like "proper" translations along with all 8 of the easter egg items still being able to be obtained. I think Quote looks the coolest now myself :3, the only complaints I have are that Toroko's "avi" looks kind of "blocky" and Curly Brace's "sprite" looks kind of plain. Here's an example of the improvements on the main character:

Would anyone here be interested in getting this game or playing it :D?
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
Re: Wii - Cave Story
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:17:55 PM »
Ehe I want it. Ima get it in a week
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:24:39 PM by BuddyWolf »
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Ghost 789

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The most random guy on TFF! B)
    • Awards
  • Species: Unknown at the moment
  • Coloring: Like a human's skin, but the ears and tail(Not to mention the spirit) of a true furry!
  • Height: - UPDATE - He's back to his normal 5'8...?
  • Weight: 147 Ib.
  • Build: Small, young, but fast & a little bit hyper
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »
Never heard of it, but it looks AWESOME! :D
Now, if only I had the points... X.X
I was walking around in the forest one day, when an odd leaf gracefully fell on my head, like a hat.
I said to myself"Hey! Not bad! :D " I went off and thought "Man, if this were THE legendary transformation leaf, that would be awesome... ^_^ "
I imagined turning into a raccoon, and I suddenly shrank, and got an odd sensation unalike any other. When I looked in the water of a pond, I was in the form of a raccoon!!! "WOW! I found it...!!!" I said. I transformed back, and found TFF.

SCRIBBLENAUT'S GOLDEN RULE:"When all else fails...drop a boat on 'e

Offline Yugian

• Knight Of Yggdrasil
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • This is for the record...
    • Awards
  • Species: Runite. You'll just call me human though.
  • Coloring: ...Im "White".
  • Height: 6 Foot.
  • Weight: With or without the gear?
  • Build: Tough. We Swordsmen are Built Strong.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 03:16:47 AM »
Problem with the Wii version. its glitched terribly.
Iannandru Bushido, Supreme Captain of the 9th Regiment, Soldier of 27th Battalion and Slayer of the doppelganger at your service.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 02:18:41 PM »
That's very strange, I had absolutely no problems with my copy o.o... but then again I decided on my purchase that I preferred to place the game on my SD card. I've played it like tons of times on PC. DS. and PSP and the version on Wii for me had no lag at all, it was very nice. Then again my Wii is also softmodded, I wonder if that has any effect on the game even though the game itself wasn't a hacked wad or anything.

Offline Yugian

• Knight Of Yggdrasil
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • This is for the record...
    • Awards
  • Species: Runite. You'll just call me human though.
  • Coloring: ...Im "White".
  • Height: 6 Foot.
  • Weight: With or without the gear?
  • Build: Tough. We Swordsmen are Built Strong.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 01:14:24 PM »
Werid.
The copy's glitches are supposed to include awkward audio, and missing an entire 'part' of every sound (the drums beat.)...
and this is more of a fan thing they are complaining about, but OH YEAH is not an HUZZAH!
Iannandru Bushido, Supreme Captain of the 9th Regiment, Soldier of 27th Battalion and Slayer of the doppelganger at your service.

Offline FaxingBerlin

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 02:00:02 PM »
eeh. i dont think i will buy it. while i did love the free PC version. why would i buy it for the wii (which i dont play much) and get the same game that i got on the pc? plus i heard they ruined the music  :?

Offline Ghost 789

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Like a human's skin, but the ears and tail(Not to mention the spirit) of a true furry!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 01:08:04 AM »
Just downloaded it and played it...AND IT'S AWESOME!!! ^_^
*Insert endless army of awesome faces yelling "CAVE STORY FTW!!!" here*
:D
I was walking around in the forest one day, when an odd leaf gracefully fell on my head, like a hat.
I said to myself"Hey! Not bad! :D " I went off and thought "Man, if this were THE legendary transformation leaf, that would be awesome... ^_^ "
I imagined turning into a raccoon, and I suddenly shrank, and got an odd sensation unalike any other. When I looked in the water of a pond, I was in the form of a raccoon!!! "WOW! I found it...!!!" I said. I transformed back, and found TFF.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 01:10:57 AM »
Thank goodness there's at least one other person here who thought Cave Story was worth buying :P *Gives Ghost a tiramisu*

Offline Ghost 789

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 01:19:47 AM »
Made it to Grasstown...Floatin' Jellyfish...Odd-ness X3
And not to change the subject, but I"ve also taken a liking to this N64 FPS game called Perfect Dark, It's Just as good too!
Check out this screen I made! I call it:
Jacked Up by Knives

Post Merge: April 20, 2010, 01:20:31 AM
Not to mention I hit another guy in the groin with them too! XD

[attachment deleted by admin]