Author Topic: so tierd of misunderstandings! >:(  (Read 968 times)

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
Re: so tierd of misunderstandings! >:(
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 12:14:50 AM »
Are they going to do anything?  If they aren't threatening you don't bother.  But if they are threatening you, or if you feel threatened you need to take a stand.  That's probably what they want...  If anything they probably want it to escalate on their terms.  Don't give them the satisfaction.  Pay them no regard.  Eventually (in theory) they won't bother anymore.

Offline Jad'Thor

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Jaddius F.X. Thor
    • Awards
  • Species: Tri-tailed Folf
  • Coloring: Blue, light blue,Black
  • Height: 1.88m
  • Weight: 67Kg
  • Build: athletic
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 05:06:10 AM »
um sure, dont listen to me, thats what i said until i got sick of it after a month and it DID work, sure its not a good course of action for people who want to be nice to everyone all the time, but some people aren't worth the time and effort. some people are just brought up to put down everyone else, i am the person who puts them back in line at school if they EVER even dare to deeply insult me or anything (or anyone) i consider dear to me...phsycology is luckily one of my good points
dont click my pet!!!!

i was here FIRSTer...ish!,and will throw cookies at your face at will :3

i dunno how i got him....but i do, and ill always be grateful for him...

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 12:21:32 PM »
Every ones has to deal with some sorry pos and they have to learn to deal with it there's no point of wastering time bickering back and forth with some idiot just so the process can repeat
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Jad'Thor

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Jaddius F.X. Thor
    • Awards
  • Species: Tri-tailed Folf
  • Coloring: Blue, light blue,Black
  • Height: 1.88m
  • Weight: 67Kg
  • Build: athletic
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »
that depends on how you get them back, it doesnt have to be bad and insulting. just so it makes them realize what there doing to other people so they DONT do it again
dont click my pet!!!!

i was here FIRSTer...ish!,and will throw cookies at your face at will :3

i dunno how i got him....but i do, and ill always be grateful for him...

Offline Howlinger

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Oreo Werewolf
  • Coloring: Black and White
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 230 pounds
  • Build: Stocky, a bit husky.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 09:40:22 AM »
*Shrugs* You have to understand that what one is subjected to in many fields, and in this case a furry... may very from person to person due to bad or incorrect views from others who see it fit in there mind to cast judgment on such a subject. You have to realize that the furry community has had it's fair share wrong doing due to the actions of surten members of the community, which has reflected upon us as a whole. Wheather you like it or not, what one does in the community as a bad action, then making it a public affair will always reflect back on to us as furries.

So it's always best to roll with the punches and deal with it. Remember... people will always say things we will like or dislike, but it is up to you as a adult, or young adult to handle the matter in a rational way that does not feed there cause.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2010, 08:10:16 PM »
Sometimes I pity those that just assume we are all sick. What's even worse are those that want us to die. Die for what? What have we done that's sooooo bad that we deserve to die? What bothers me the most is that there are communities out there bent on "fursecution" and other ridiculous stuff. For example, Flash Flash Revolution is supposed to be a Stepmania site, but they loath furries there. Infact, I even heard someone say this.

God created all equal. No one deserves hate. ...Except furries. They're [Insert Insult] and can [Insert Cliched Furry Insult]

Normal trolls I'm fine with and can laugh at, it's the ones that think we deserve death just for being furries that bother me.

Edit: But while I do get annoyed by stuff like that, I usually just try to make a point without raging. I tell them calmly why they are in the wrong, and they keep blabbing on about how sick we are, repeating their words over and over, and I keep telling them my points. It hardly ever gets through to them, though, but at least I tried. But normally, the persistent ones are the failtrolls, the ones that make me laugh. Normal trolls usually get the hint that I'm not going to blow up at them, some even congratulate me for handling a situation well.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:16:40 PM by The Guru of Enlightenment »

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Packedsnack

• Pigment Weaver
  • Avid Aardvark
  • I shape the way the cookie crumbles.
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Light grey with white underbelly
  • Weight: 55kg
  • Build: Lean
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 08:44:31 AM »
This type of abusive, blind idiots have no reason or right to act like they do. I go to a school full of wangsters so I'm hardly likely to mention acting like an animal so as a result I look like I have a cork up my [censored] from pretending.

They try to abuse people for what they'll never understand and, unless this against some forum rule, the bigots can go die. I'm just glad my freinds are artistic enough to understand alter egos.

Proud to be bunny!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:56:10 AM by Dessum Ryugen, Reason: Foul language (partial censoring) »
I'm guessing the mystery girl is some kind of root vegetable.

Offline Kodakk

• Boisterous Bear
  • OMG IT'S A BEAR!
    • Awards
  • Species: kodiak bear
  • Coloring: brown
  • Height: 6'2
  • Build: huggable
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 12:28:01 AM »
i now just tell them what a furry ACTUALLY is and how wrong they are. i describe that there are different kinds of furries and they shouldnt assume that all are the same. it is when they call us zoophiles is when i rage. that is the most ignorant thing i have ever heard.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 08:05:38 PM by Kodakk »

Offline Kutek

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Black
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 03:27:23 PM »
Hello, I'm fairly new to these forums, but I can certainly understand your feelings.

When I think about it, I don't always want people to understand my feelings or interest, because that would mean that there was nothing to learn about me.

Sometimes the best friends you can make are people who at first misunderstood or didn't like you.

While you shouldn't chase after other people's opinions, it can be satisfying to help someone realise that you are worth understanding.

If you always respond with anger, you'll never get a chance to teach that person that they might have been mistaken.

Offline Osiris

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Jackal
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 70
  • Weight: slender
  • Build: sleek
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 08:16:25 AM »
I hope you guys realize that you're actually belittling the other side by writing the vulgar things you put in this post. YOU'RE *tired* of misunderstandings? Try looking at it from their point of view. If you don't want to be belittled yourselves, then don't parade around going I'm a furry and therefore better than you. How bout you all just accept who you are, be happy with it, and don't take [removed] from the other side, and try to coexist peacefully instead of [removed] about it online?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 03:08:03 PM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Foul language »

Offline Packedsnack

• Pigment Weaver
  • Avid Aardvark
  • I shape the way the cookie crumbles.
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Light grey with white underbelly
  • Weight: 55kg
  • Build: Lean
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2010, 09:31:41 AM »
Osiris,

You have a very valid point. I think both sides need to look at this in a different way. On the troll side, they need to start listening to us obviously, but on the furry side, we need t find a different way of explaining it. What I usually say is:

A furry is basically a person who actively posesses personality traits similar to a particular animal.

We shouldn't jump into it and explain the whole idea of anthropomorphs or they'll freak out.
I'm guessing the mystery girl is some kind of root vegetable.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2010, 03:00:06 PM »
 On the troll side, they need to start listening to us obviously, but on the furry side, we need t find a different way of explaining it. What I usually say is:

A furry is basically a person who actively posesses personality traits similar to a particular animal.

We shouldn't jump into it and explain the whole idea of anthropomorphs or they'll freak out.

That's true, but even that may be a bit much and may lead to the misconseption that we all actualy think we are the animal we RP as. I say that its someone who likes to draw or write stories about animals. It usally goes pretty well.