The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: An interesting opportunity  (Read 12513 times)

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
Re: An interesting opportunity
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 04:50:44 AM »
If that where true then I would be quite ashamed to be apart of such thing
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
/\ same here.  :S
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »
I took it....wheeee.... :$
x

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »
Any chance the person who created the survey is asking these questions because she is looking for specific results? *picks apart the methodology* Ooo! Fun!

she can't get anything specific because her whole survey is based on the assumption of being furry to mean only something to satisfy sexual lust and fetishes.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 12:57:21 AM »
True that...
TWEAK!!! You should e-mail her with these suggestions and comments.
I think it would make her paper even better. :)

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: MH-53M Pave-Low IV helicopter
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 36 feet
  • Weight: 16 Tons
  • Build: Large and Bulky
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 05:38:14 AM »
You guys do know that all that 'sexual stuff' was intended right? That's what all the controversy is about so that's all that really matters, or rather that's what she wanted from the survey, so obviously it's going to ber about sexual stuff. Some question were rather direct (Do you think furries are disgusting), but it was completely valid and any implications were purely of the survey takers.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 06:49:47 AM »
no the survey was to demonstrate the sociological nature and impact of furries. if all the social factors aren't taken in and the base facts are wrong then the survey cannot be accurate
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 03:04:13 PM »
Personally, I don't see where you guys were pulling the sexual stuff from, especially with the definition. The definition just says someone who roleplays as an animal or anthropomorphic being. It is vague, but I know there's a roleplay section on this forum where people participate and there's no sexual anything going on. So technically, anyone who participates in that section can be considered furry. The only thing that was directed towards sexual fetishes, I feel, is the question about legality and the question about the consenting adults. I don't see the problem with many of the other questions, honestly. Once you're a member of FurAffinity, you see how disgusting furries can be with the fetishes they allow on that site. They literally have things ranging from pedophilia to other things none of you should know about.

Lol. Now having said all of this, I am a scaly and I do participate in hanging around furries, but I suppose I'm one of the mildest forms of one given my nature. Being furry is not normal, especially when you're clumped into a pile of people who dress up in animal suits and have sex and people who condone pedophilia. That's not to say EVERYONE is like that, because as with every fandom there are extremists, but until people can give a proper image that not all furries are bad, we're stuck with that.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 06:37:15 PM »
Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for helping me with my presentation.

I am going to be taking the survey off of the internet today, but I wanted to thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Elyse

I have forwarded your comments.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 02:21:08 AM »
I'm gonna have to be the voice of reason and call complete BS on this. Since I've come into the social furry world I've seen more, "Researching furries" then I can count. I honestly don't feel this is legitimate and will only serve to bite us on the hide. More often then not such research only serves to demean us instead of shedding any actual light on who and what we are. I wouldn't of even given such an invitation a second glance

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 03:06:17 PM »
I have received another email inviting research into furries.

This one comes direct from the University of Wyoming's research department and asks merely for demographics at this stage, at no point is personal information requested and all questions are merely for demographic purposes.

Please note, like the previous request, I do thoroughly investigate these before I post them here, I check email addresses and that they come from the site they say they are from, I also look into the named researcher and would not ask for you to take part if I was not sure of their legitimacy. If you do not wish to take part, then do not do so.

Dear Webmaster,

I am an academic researcher at the University of Wyoming, conducting a study on furry fandom. My colleagues and I have discovered that there has been virtually no credible research conducted on the population demographics and culture of furry fandom. To correct this oversight, we have constructed an online survey consisting of twenty-two questions that will help create a fair and accurate portrayal of the furry fandom population. In accordance with standard research procedures our survey tool has been examined by the Institutional Review Board of the University of Wyoming and found to pose no potential harm to respondents. The survey is anonymous, with each response identified only by a random number, and the information gathered will be used solely to create academic reports on furry fandom.

We believe that furries are generally misrepresented in popular media, leading to unflattering misconceptions about those who make up the bulk of furry fandom. A sound demographic profile is the first step toward correcting those perceptions. We would like to make our survey tool available to your users in order to gather the data necessary to compile such demographics, and your assistance would be greatly appreciated. The survey is linked below, and it is scheduled to remain available in this format until August 1st, 2010.

http://www.keysurvey.com/survey/300071/1b41/

If you have any questions regarding our research please feel free to contact me at this email address, or by phone at my personal number, xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Sincerely,

Linus xxxxxxx
              Sociology Department
              University of Wyoming

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 03:36:41 PM »
I enjoyed this survey, but I do have to say there is a lot of potential in it for someone to mess with the answers. The only thing I didn't know what was what on there was "Pawpet" I have never heard of that :?
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 05:56:19 PM »
For this new survey
i didn't really know how to describe my fursona, me not having one, but thankfully they gave me the option to skip.
although I agree with White
the heck is a Pawpet

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »
I liked it. I wonder what a paw pet is, but due to this fandom's nature I'm fearful of searching it.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 08:06:48 PM »
I searched pawpet online and found out its just a puppet show online with cute hand puppets of anthro  animals <3. I would buy a wolgon one xD
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer