Author Topic: Something from today to inspire you  (Read 495 times)

Offline Jackie Lizard

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Something from today to inspire you
« on: March 10, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »
I wrote this on my journal entry on deviantART but I thought I could share it here too for anyone here that is going through a hard time being yourself. Check it out...

[If you are a furry...]...You should be extremely proud of yourself today. Infact, if you're anyone who is part of a minority that is often made fun of or bullied at school or just in life in general, you should be proud of yourself.

Some people pick one bad example out of a large community to try to make the whole thing look bad. Today, I'll share with you a great example of why minorities should be respected and why you should respect people within in them that stick up for who they are.

Today, someone very close to me, Tony, was being verbally abused by someone else who found him being a furry and being gay as such a horrible thing. Actually, this had been going on for some time and this certain someone was only one of example of this unneeded, unfair hatred torwards him. But after gym 4th period, while the someone started to do this usual verbal assault, Tony decided he had enough. After the someone laid his hand on him, he started to beat the living [censored] out of him all the way to the floor before stomping his head in. Tony literally put him in the hospital.

He was strong and settled it with the someone like a man rather than being a coward and chickening out by using just words. It takes alot of heart to stand up for someone you believe in, even when [censored] throw prejudice, arrogant (more like ignorant) words at you every day of your life (to their FACE no less, not from behind a computer screen where the baddies can't get you) I wish I would've been there to help him, but maybe it was good for him to the settle the score on his own. God knows he sure as hell did.

So again, if you're a fur, a gay, or whatever. Be proud of yourself and hang in there. I think everyone needs a bit more Tony in them these days. I'm the happiest person in the world to know such a couragous person.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:30:21 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy, Reason: Foul language »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Something from today to inspire you
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 09:48:24 PM »
I can't exactly agree with advocating violence as a way to stand up for yourself.

Sure, you should be proud of yourself, but no one should be praised for putting someone in a hospital.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »
OK I'm not going to lie I'm all for putting some one down ((like beat them up not like the other way)) but unless they touch ((which I think you said they touch your Friend)) you its better to ignore them and just be the bigger person it my feel like crap but you'll show who is the horrible creature and you'll gain respect ((and if you put them down who's respect will you gain the ones who where making fun of you to)) I'm not trying to act like I'm Jesus and I just turn the check but violence wont solve anything it will by rid of your one problem but there will just be another so the best thing to so is nothing at all. ;3 lol I sound like I'm preaching but its true if every gay revolted by burning Churches it would of stunned them that much more so yea but if they hit you yea then you tear them up
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Jackie Lizard

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 10:08:39 PM »
I'm not advocating violence, like you should go out tommorrow and smash someones face in. Remember I mentioned the someone put his hands on him first, and Tony defended himself. And I'm proud of him that he did. I'm hoping others can draw inspiration from this. Again, not to immediatley jump to violence, but to protect themselves and stand up for who they are.

By the way sorry for the foul language like I said it was a direct copy from my journal and I was still mad at the person who harassed him so badly.

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 11:22:22 PM »
It was vary inspiring.
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 11:58:11 PM »
O crap buddy's going to go kill some one D:
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 11:59:41 PM »
 :?
No I am not....Not on purpose any way <.< >.>
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!