The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My housemate's revelation  (Read 629 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
My housemate's revelation
« on: March 03, 2010, 02:48:43 AM »
My housemate used to make little jokes about me being a furry. He'd call me Na'vi and things like that, but it was all in jest cus kinda liked it himself but as far as i knew, it was nowhere near as much as i do; but today I have been the unintentional catalyst for his realisation that he is the most full on furry I have ever talked to in real life or the net. He is a proper cat and has almost all the compulsions and behaviours of a cat.
He's been meowing and all that basic stuff around me this past year (in fact, one time, for a whole day we did nothing but meow at eachother) but I always thought he was doing it intentionally and that it was a kind of fun thing to do. But seriously, he eats, sleeps and acts totally like a cat. I guess I just never connected the two together. I always thought he was a potential furry, but not to this degree.

Apparently rabbit is his favourite type of dry cat food,
He does a full on throat purr when someone scratches behind his ear
He protects his territory by hissing as loud as he can at other cats no matter how tired he is
He sometimes sleeps with his hands under his chin and often wakes up in that bizarre twisted position cats get into
Obviously he can't help but bat at those cat toys. In fact one time he leaped headfirst into a door because of one.
He once got tangled up in a ball of yarn
He played with one of those bell-ball things for about 5 hours, long after his actual cat had walked off
He chased a mouse for three hours. he would catch it, not know what to do, so would start batting it about a bit and then let it go so he could chase it again
He attacks birds purely out of compulsion. He has done it in front of me but i thought he was doing it cus his friend told him to.
He obviously rubs his head on things
He licks himself for cleanliness, and does that whole face cleaning thing
When he was young, every Christmas he'd ask for a fully functioning tail.
He once dressed up as postman Pat's cat for halloween, and when all the other kids were eating sweets, he was curled up in front of the fire
He does the full on-all-fours, stretch your back one way, then another way which leads into a walk
he walks on his toes, and loves to wear fluffy cat slippers. His dad offered him dog ones and he didn't want them.

there's definitely more but i cant remember it all, it's been a long day and a lot of Pepsi was and still is involved. But pretty much anything a cat does, he does.

I have told him to go to conventions or at least get ears and a tail. He wants to... well he doesn't want the convention thing, since this is quite a shock to him still. He's been doing all this without thinking and as you'd expect, he's resistant to being a furry. But yeah as soon as I can, I am getting a cat toy.
I'm also quite happy because now I can be all out with my furriness without it being kinda inappropriate.
I also feel rather inadequate, since... as much as I love furries and I love being kinda animalistic, he totally shows me up. I feel quite inadequate. As though I've been usurped of my place as "The Furry". Oh well, he's the cat, I'm the rabbit. And I'm still the energetic camp one, so I've got that on my side.

Today has been a good day.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
Re: My housemate's revelation
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 03:23:25 AM »
Pretty awesome that your roommate is a furry.  Wish I was that lucky.

Offline Alice The Necrofox

• The Necromantic Mechanist
  • Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Back in black! Or rather a putrid shade of green
    • Awards
  • Species: Undead Fox/Demon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Green fur
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Tall, well built, young ish
  • Currently: Re-integrating with TFF. SO EXCITE
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 03:59:04 AM »
he gonna join the FF?
  • Avatar by: Kazna (Waiting for him to give me his FA again)
  • Signature art by: None

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 04:19:35 AM »
I want him to, but his only experience with forums has been gurochan, 4chan and bad anime fansubbing forums, ... He doesn't have a high opinion of them. Plus as I said, he doesn't want to be a furry, which is just him going through the kinda of resistance most of us went through when we figured out we were furries.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 04:21:24 AM »
((not me! but that isn't the point))

well, you should get him used to a GOOD forum, not those crazy forums.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 05:48:25 AM »
The bad thing about him being like a cat is that he'll only do something if he wants to do it. :P

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 06:33:03 AM »
haha! lol

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 03:03:24 PM »
But curiosity always gets the best of them
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »
well he is really nosey, eager to hear little things that he shouldn't hear

Offline Resa F

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Awful art by me till I ask an actual artist todraw
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Height: 6'1 "
  • Weight: 14st
  • Build: Normal, going to chubby
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 08:58:19 PM »
Heh, cool. As far as I'm aware the total furry population of my town is nil plus me. I'd love to have another furry friend not on the interwebs, especially if they were my roomate. Awesome for you is all I can say.
"I'd rather be happy than right any day!!"
"And are you?"
"No, and that's where it all comes apart I suppose""
"Pity, it seemed like such a good lifestyle..."

Offline SheraDead

• She who eats reality
  • Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Brains? :3
    • Awards
  • Species: UndeadTauren Druid
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Height: Sizeshifter
  • Build: Average
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 09:48:53 PM »
Heh, cool. As far as I'm aware the total furry population of my town is nil plus me. I'd love to have another furry friend not on the interwebs, especially if they were my roomate. Awesome for you is all I can say.
try UKFur.org or http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ukfurs
I'm pretty sure theres a few around where you live! I'm sure theres a Hertfordshire furmeet, too. ^^

Anyway, thats awesome! You're lucky :3
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:56:46 PM by SheraDead »