The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: GameFlood 3D related news  (Read 1442 times)

ephemral

GameFlood 3D related news
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:30:22 PM »
I just got this e-mail from turbosquid.com. You might want to google it to get the propper link to their site.
This seems interesting if you're a mesher. What do all of you think about it?

Your partners at Turbo Squid are proud to invite you to join our latest project: GameFlood, the premier online destination for artists to create, publish, and distribute add-on game content (including mods, maps, characters and weapons).

GameFlood is designed to help our artists develop new revenue streams by distributing their work directly to gamers. The market for video game content is literally thousands of times larger than the traditional 3D art market, and GameFlood will make it easier than ever before to produce game assets and get them into the hands of a thriving community of gamers.

At GameFlood, you'll find:

* Our proprietary Mashup Studio functionality, where you can design individual weapons, characters, or maps that users can mix-and-match into their own creations
    * A totally free and robust project management toolset called Workshop, which gives you a web-based filesystem (up to 1 GB storage); it also simplifies the processes of finding a team to join (or building a team of people who complement your skills), designing a project, managing deadlines, and tracking tasks and bugs
    * Forums, in which you can meet other gamers/developers, find a project to join, or simply discuss video games; or create your own forums to advertise new projects
    * A large and growing Library of the best add-on game content for the hottest online PC games

The Future of GameFlood

Soon, we will begin introducing a new business model for 3D artists venturing into the video games world, but in the meantime we are hoping that you will check out GameFlood and let us know what you think. Your feedback is vital as we strive to make GameFlood as powerful, easy-to-use, and successful as it can possibly be.

We believe that GameFlood has the potential to become a revolutionary force in the video game business and to open up new revenue streams for the most talented artists in the 3D industry. We believe that your talent will make you an important part of that revolution.

You have received this e-mail because you are signed up to receive information from Turbo Squid. If you would prefer not to receive future mailings or surveys, simply click the unsubscribe link below, or log into your Turbo Squid member profile and unsubscribe from there.

Welcome to GameFlood

crustybread5

Re: GameFlood 3D related news
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 08:32:38 PM »
OH. Oh.. I saw that was considering  joining up.

ephemral

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 08:38:25 PM »
If I had stayed active learning to use Lightwave I might be interested.
I haven't touched my turbosquid account in some time now.
I think it's been a few years.

Offline Maxis29

• Founder of the furry forums
  • Donator
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am in the shadows, watching yous O.O
    • Furry Forums
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red & White
  • Height: 6'2
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 10:42:43 AM »
yummmm... squid  :razz: