Author Topic: Divided We Fall~OOC (open)  (Read 11590 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
Divided We Fall~OOC (open)
« on: February 16, 2010, 07:06:51 PM »
WARNING: This is a mainly human RP but there are furs. As we move on, you'll also find that it is plausible for a human to turn furry, however. There are only a certain amount of slots for each type of character, so things will be on a first-come, first-serve basis with a maximum of THREE characters per player so more people can join. I did not make the setting up- I LIVE in Dolores! If you are having a lot of problems picturing the setting, then google search or PM me. After all, since I live there I should know what it looks like. I cannot spell to save my life, so please correct spelling errors for me in your head.

Story

The town of Dolores, Colorado was once a beautiful place to live. Tucked into a gorge between the rolling foothills of the La Plata mountains, the forests of Ponderosa pine, towering red cliffs, fairy-esque meadows and clear, flowing rivers have made this tiny tiny place a staple of Colorado community. Or that was, until the Lingerers came. One starry night, a local hippie (living in a mansion-style cabin so generously given to him by a trust fund) burst from his home in a fit of stupor, rushing into town by foot and declaring: "I have seen them! I have seen them fall from the sky!" Naturally, not a single soul believed him. Or they didn't at least...until they were all proven wrong.

March 24, 2011.

Midnight.

Radiant spheres of otherworldly origin burst from the sky and crash to the ground, one after another. A total of six all together. People panic. Some flee. Others try to attract the attention of the media and government. Still others begin to take matters into their own hands and search the forests, mesas and meadows themselves in pursuit of these mystical spheres.

March 27, 2011.

8:00 AM. All communication and media via Dolores and surrounding towns is cut off by the Untied States government. In a matter of hours they have the entire Southwestern corner of Colorado blockaded.

11:00 AM. The National News declares the sightings of "mystical spheres falling from the sky" to be a hoax, pointedly poking fun at the Dolores community for being what they call "superstitious hicks." However, they have a hard time coming up with an excuse for the government blockade.

7:00 PM. A woman runs into County Hall asking for the mayor. She demands to know why a bunch of CIA suits are not allowing her to leave town; she also claims her son has been bitten by a "wild animal" and he's showing signs of being sick. There's no hospital in town.

7:43 PM. Word spreads faster than wildfire and once again the people panic.

March 28, 2011.

The suits blockading Colorado begin to gather the townspeople, saying that everyone needs to have their blood tested for a "deadly illness brought on by ET contact." The woman from the day before sits in her home with her son, who is slowly changing. She knows she cannot trust the government with what has happened to him. She refuses to go to the testing, keeping her son hidden at home. But there are others who are changing, others who are disappearing, and still others who are showing up dead.

All heck is about to break loose.

Objectives of the Game / Characters

If You Are A Citizen: Your objective is to, basically, survive alive, sane, unchanged and un-captured by either enemy, your enemies being the Lingerers (the strange creatures that have fallen from the sky) and the government (who are crazed about locking up anyone contaminated by the ETs.) This may not seem like enough information at the moment, but I will send each of you a PM with useful information about your character type. This way I can ensure secrets specific to types are kept secret. Please be descriptive, aka don't one-line me here. Biography can not only include what's happening to your char at the moment, but backstory as well. Age limit is 10+ years old. You can have children younger, but they will not take up a slot and will be counted as side characters. Citizens are human. During the first, at least.

THERE ARE TWELVE SLOTS FOR CITIZENS.

Name:
Looks:
Personality:
Biography:

If You Are A Lingerer: Your objective is secret. I cannot tell you until you apply. Be creative with names, we're talking about ETs here! Lingerers are furry, objectively, usually with strange features...Limit 2 powers, nothing super-extreme please. Save the bio for now. ;)

THERE ARE FIVE SLOTS FOR LINGERERS.

Name:
Powers:
Personality:

If You Are A CIA Agent: Your objective is to keep the citizens of Dolores and the other tiny towns of Southwest Colorado subdued and captive until the ET fiasco is taken care of. You often can be found searching in the wilderness for the Lingerers in teams, or else you are assigned to the town, where the testing for ET contamination continually takes place. Keep in mind there are many ranks of agents, from the people who do the footwork to the people who run the gig. The rest of your objectives will be PM'd to you, just like everyone else!

THERE ARE TEN SLOTS FOR CIA AGENTS.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography:

Everything Else

* Like I said, in case you ignored me :P, I will PM everyone who joins the extra info they need to know, so don't worry too much about not getting the story. I'm doing it this way on purpose, to keep ya'll secretive with each other. I play my own characters, specifically the woman and her son mentioned, and one of the six Lingerers.

* If needed, I will jump in and play certain parts for you. Otherwise, if you need to make use of another character (i.e. a random agent watching you from afar, who needs to be there but does not contribute majorly to the story) then feel free to go ahead.

* NO GODMODDING. Please ask before doing anything too dramatic regarding another person's character.

* Nothing that you know would not be allowed on this site, duh.

* Literacy! Please. No one-liners. Be descriptive and get into your character.

* No leaving people behind, besides, getting caught up in the moment can be fun! Be fair while playing, and be nice. No complaining, bullying or anything like that. If you are just joking it is okay.

* I am the ruler, I therefore rule. However, feel free to ask me for help or give me suggestions.

* You must be approved before you can post.

* Three strikes and you are out!

Citizens:
1. Rachel - Mystique
2. Griffin Carson - Shiro Chan

Lingerers:
1. Lorazys - Shinzuu
6. Neco-runa - therebeunicorns

CIA Agents:

You may now post.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:53:38 PM by therebeunicorns »
x

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Divided We Fall~OOC (open)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:33:35 PM »
Lingerer.
Name: Lorazys
Appearance: Looks like a black wolf, but VERY black. Her eyes are small, but blood red.
Powers: (secret? idk. do you want me to PM it?)
Personality: Loner, stalker, killer.... idk. You'll find out as we go along i guess.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 08:47:12 PM »
Okay. Thanks for joining. I will PM you everything tomorrow, and then you can create a final profile from there.  ^_^
x

Offline Mystique

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: grey-ish black
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 116lb
  • Build: curvy, athletic, fit
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:04:56 PM »
Name: Rachel
Looks: black hair with blue highlights, goth/biker style, tall (around 5ft 10/11in), athletic
Personality: bad girl, quiet, confident, mysterious, secretive, closed-book type
Biography: Only child, parents died when I was 7. Went from place to place in the US ever since, learned martial arts from a japanese guy I was stealing from one day and ended up in Dolores when I was 14. Got taken in by a family with no kids and was "adopted". Started hanging with the wrong gangs and  then became a loner. Everyone who has tried to get close, always got knocked back out.
Warning: I have an attitude and i know how to use it ;)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 04:45:24 PM »
Thanks for joining, Mystique. I will get to you as well, and soon we can actually start playing.  ^_^

Lingerer #6

Name: Neco-runa
Appearance: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2456063/
Powers: Simple telekinesis. Can sort-of read minds.
Personality: Reserved, mostly silent. He doesn't like hurting people, but does anyway. He tends to creep people out at first look, but can prove to be very sweet if you get to know him. One of his favorite past-times is "human watching."
x

Offline Alice The Necrofox

• The Necromantic Mechanist
  • Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Back in black! Or rather a putrid shade of green
    • Awards
  • Species: Undead Fox/Demon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Green fur
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Tall, well built, young ish
  • Currently: Re-integrating with TFF. SO EXCITE
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »
Name: Griffin Carson
Looks: About 190 pounds and 6'3". Handsome under the glasses and a mush of unkept brown hair. (Basically, me IRL ((in real life)))
Personality: Nerdy, Computer Builder/Programmer/Game designer, rough if needed, very sarcastic, funny in general, always looks on the brighter side. Conspiracy theorist.
Biography: Griffin started out going to the local high school with low grades. He didn't like the work there, and was very content to work on different games, play those games, and talk about different conspiracies he had found with weirdoes. His parents left him at 15 with only a computer, his game system, and 100$. Before the ET-Day, he was working in a small store fixing computers. Now, he is feverishly trying to make sense of all this. He has set up a computer base in the local internet café with a bunch of other nerds. They are pulling a control center.
  • Avatar by: Kazna (Waiting for him to give me his FA again)
  • Signature art by: None

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »
Yeay! Thanks, Shiro Chan.  :3

x

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 07:35:17 PM »
All characters accepted and accounted for. The main thread is up.  :o *dramatic gasp* (didn't think I had it in me... :'( )
x

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »
If I was a CIA agent on the ground actually keeping the people in the town

would that mean i'm a soldier of some sort to enforce that quarantine?

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 11:40:32 PM »
I would imagine so. An agent's duty is just as important to them as the duty of a soldier, and its their job, they aren't getting paid for it or anything, as of yet...Why do you ask?
x

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure Wolf
  • Coloring: credit to wallace on deviantart for this nifty avi
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: is almost 200lb
  • Build: Pretty masculine
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 04:13:48 AM »
Hope you dont mind my trying out for a lingerer?

Name:  Lane Flouren

Appearance: He's about 150lb. Very light blue eyes, like creepy kinda light blue eyes that scare most people.  Of course he's a black wolf (very big being 150lb) with two red stripes running from his muzzle to the end of his tail (one stripe for each side)

Powers: He's a Pyro, meaning he can use fire.  Nothing too powerful, he cant set fire to a block of houses with one blast.  That would take several. 
             Next, is that he's a bit unnaturally fast.  You can still see him moving, but barely any can keep up.  Of course cars and other such can keep up and go faster.

Personality: He's a quiet one, thats for sure.  Not many people get that close to him.  Even though he uses fire, he has a certain Finesse in what he does.
The kind of people who take the lead, are the ones who die most famously.
Those who follow, die in peace.
Which one would you prefer?

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 02:15:52 PM »
Sure thing! I'll send you the info.  ^_^
x

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 08:33:03 PM »
I would imagine so. An agent's duty is just as important to them as the duty of a soldier, and its their job, they aren't getting paid for it or anything, as of yet...Why do you ask?
I asked so I could be a CIA operative aka soldier

CIA AGENT
Name: Charles Dodran
Appearance:
Personality: On the job is seemingly aloof, like some of the other agents, but outside of work he's a goofy fellow
Biography: Charles was born in New York, New York. Born to a middle class family he lived a pretty average life that bored him to tears, and I mean that literally. When he was 18 he signed on with the military. After serving a few tours of duty he was chosen by the CIA to head a new quarantine operation in the town of Dolores. Right now he is 23, and the only equipment he received was his usual military equipment, and a gasmask, due to the unknown nature of the problem.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 12:29:46 AM »
dude, is anyone gonna post????

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 12:35:12 AM »
well i'm waiting for GM to PM me with the info I need