The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shadow of Chernobyl  (Read 11583 times)

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
Re: Shadow of Chernobyl
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 12:11:15 AM »
Howl loaded his ak47 and took aim. Firing off rounds at the dogs, he killed at least 10 on them, then got back into cover to reload. When he was finished, he got back up and began to shoot again, only to have his gun jammed. "Crap!" Howl pulled out his pistol and shot more oncoming dogs. "I HATE these things!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Gray and White
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 176 Pounds
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Insane
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 12:23:31 AM »
Arrant sees the pseusodog sprinting toward Howl's back, and fires of 3 rounds, hitting the dog in the skull. the dog continues, slightly stumbling, soon going to die but not just yet, and Arrant shouts a warning.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 12:26:47 AM »
After turning because of Arrant's shouting, Howl sees one of the dogs running towards him. He shoots a couple times at the dog, but it still tackles him. Struggling to get it off of him, he reaches for his ak47 that was on the ground, he grabbed it and bashed the head of the dog with the wooden stock. Howl pushed off the dead mutant and reloaded his pistol. "Thanks, mate!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 12:35:46 AM »
Korius stepped out and looked over at the STALKER named Howl. and noticed a dog jumping in to bite his head off. He wasn't about to blow his cover, seeing the other STALKER watching. He took out his 98 and shot the dog mid-air with four shot.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 12:46:12 AM »
Arrant fires the 13 more round into the dogs, firing the rest of his ammo off to scare the dogs away (blind dogs are known to be somewhat cowards), leaving the remaining dogs the the other novice STALKERs at the camp. He hops off the ledge of the roof and walks up to Howl and Korius. He tosses a bottle of vodka to Howl, and looks at Korius mysteriously. "Who are you two?" he asked, pulling some dry bread from his backpack.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 12:58:45 AM »
Korius sighed as he pulled out a portable whiskey canteen from his pocket and drank it. "Name's Wesker. I was part of the research team out in the last outpost, just 3 KM down to the north. I went out this morning with one of Officer Brassel's men to find out where that new mutant that we found two days ago came from. When we got back, the camp was being attacked. The kid and I tried to high-tail it here, but he ended up getting caught by it. I didn't look back and kept running, only to find myself in another mess out here. I was hoping to warn everyone before it got here." He took a swig of his whiskey and offered some to Arrant.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 01:13:14 AM »
Arrant refused the whiskey with a shake of his head and took a bite out of the bread. "I'm just glad Wolf stopped that other mutant. I've never read of it...and of what I have read this place isn't exactly a safe-room."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 01:35:38 AM »
"Well, I'm Howl, it's a pleasure to meet you, Wesker. Thanks for saving me back there, and you too Arrant." He took a gulp of vodka and smiled. "My...it does get rid of radiation, I love this excuse to drink."

A moment later, Howl began kneeling down next to dead dogs, taking out a knife and cutting a certain piece off of their bodies. "I need samples in order to conduct more research, and getting more then one sample from different subjects should give me a better result. After all, this is why I'm here."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:58:52 AM by HowlTheGrayWolf »
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 01:52:25 AM »
Arrant suddenly remembers a piece of information from the book he read, and pulls out his dagger as he walks around from corpse to corpse, chopping off the tails of the dogs. When he reaches the pseusodog, He begins to cut and immediatly jumps back. "Red Forest dog!!" he yells, pointing his rifle at the corpse, obviously freaked out by something about the mutant.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 01:55:39 AM »
Korius twisted the top back onto the canteen and pocketed it. He wasn't too fond of Arrant's attitude, but in due time... "By and by, we need to reinforce this place as much as possible. This is the closest camp to my research outpost, and I've already lost my whole camp to that monster. Is there anyway we can see to it?" When Arrant wouldn't say anything and walked off, Korius had to suppress his anger a bit. When he heard Arrant scream, he quickly drew the 98 and stayed alert, looking around.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 01:58:18 AM »
When Howl finished unjamming and making a temporary fix to his ak47, he walked up to Arrant then looked at the corpse. "What's wrong, Arrant? Do you think it's still alive or something?" Howl poked the dead body with the tip of his gun.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 02:16:38 AM »
"These...these are from the Brain Scorcher...I've read these things summon worg spirits, which sprint at you at ungodly speeds, try to claw your head off, then dissapear... And I've also read that in Red Forest spirits of mutants walk toward you in mid-air. I...I just don't like messing with paranormal means... God knows what this thing can do right now..." Arrant took another bite from his bread, regaining his composure and standing up, walking away from the corpse as casually as he can but still obviously on edge.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 02:27:16 AM »
"Oi, you need to calm down. If it makes you any happier, I didn't take a sample from it, so if it has a spirit, it won't get pissed off." He handed Arrant the vodka. "I think you need this more then I do."

He then turned to Korius. "People come in here daily, I'm sure we'll find more able body guards to defend. If you look around nearby settlements, you could probably hire a mercenary or two to help with defenses as well. For now, let's just stay on our toes and hope another wave of enemies don't come."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 02:32:22 AM »
Before Arrant took a second step, a worg spirit came up from the ground and tackled Korius over the tents and out past the wall. "Agh!" After they landed, Korius kicked the worg off and took a shot. The worg dodged it like it was nothing. Korius re-holstered the gun and brought out micro blades that came through the leather and fabric without damaging it, and came together outside to form a larger blade. Korius felt a burning sensation in his body again as time seemed to slow down. The mutant eyed him, "Why do you side with them? You are one of the few. Join us!" Korius dashed with lightning speed and slashed at the spirit, the spirit dodged. "You lot and those people have been the source of my misery. I will kill you all." The worg used its speed and came at Korius, but this time, Korius used his full speed and diced the worg. He took out his gun and shot the worg a few times and removed one of its claws to make the scene. As he walked back, he noticed a little boy standing by the gate of the wall. He thought, "He's seen too much. Sorry kid, but it looks like you'll be the first." He slashed the child's head off and retracted his blades and stood back over the worg's body as he heard people rushing over.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 02:39:34 AM »
Arrant walked over to the worg, taking a swig. He watched as the spirit faded away, glancing at Howl. He walked back to the original corpse and took his knife out, slicing through the neck of the creature, hoping to stop it's summonings. "Alright Howl, you're free to take a sample," he said, finishing his vodka and tossing it to the side.