The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Famous Furries  (Read 21371 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Famous Furries
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:44:42 PM »
I know this is a rather nooby question and I'm definitely not the only one to think about this but I wanna know how many famous people are furries. I get that most famous furries would keep their furriness secret so I'm not expecting properly famous people like Johnny Depp or Christopher Eccleston or whatever. Just as long as they've done something that could seem kinda fame-inducing. Oh yeah and internet fame isn't famous enough unless it's something properly huge like Yahtzee or someone like that.

Right now, all I know of is Buckhopper (Buckhalter Andrew Hopper) who does voice work and sports... things, I'm pretty fuzzy on that and frankly i've no idea whether he is famous or not. What I do know is that his fba thing is brilliant.

Then there's Synix (Kim Arndt) who is an animator and cartoonist who's worked with BlueSky Studios, Cartoon Network, Curious Pictures, DC Comics, Wizards of the Coast, Jumbo Pictures, Inc., MTV Animation, Nickelodeon, Nick Digital, and TNN

and that's about all I've got. As i said before, most would keep their furriness to themselves but there's gotta be some on FA or something.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• The Resident Vampyre Kitteh
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake/Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: dark grey scales with electric purple veins running through them
  • Height: 8'
  • Weight: 210 lb
  • Build: Athletic and built in the legs
  • Currently: Shy semi-lurker panda er... cat-snake
Re: Famous Furries
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 09:42:31 PM »
Would you consider 2 the ranting gryphon famous? I know of some people who aren't furs who know about him and think he's funny.
RIP Patchy 08/96 - 29/01/10

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis
Translation: Fate monst'rous and empty - One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu

=^,-,^= Vampyre Kitteh saiz "Nyah!"

Offline Quirl

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Reddish brown
  • Build: Quick and agile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 10:21:28 PM »
This might be completely wrong but a lot of people say Walt Disney must have been.
Makes you wonder which famous people are but keep it hidden, what with the unavoidable career destruction it would bring.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 10:30:39 PM »
Would you consider 2 the ranting gryphon famous? I know of some people who aren't furs who know about him and think he's funny.
i have never heard of this guy, but now that you've told me about him, thankyou.
If quite a few non-furs know of him then yes, he counts.

This might be completely wrong but a lot of people say Walt Disney must have been.
Makes you wonder which famous people are but keep it hidden, what with the unavoidable career destruction it would bring.
He might have been, and I'm sure there are some people at Warner Bros. who are, but as you say, Unavoidable Career Destruction
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Quirl

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 06:08:41 AM »
I found an interesting online radio show on this  topic

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 02:25:33 PM »

I found an interesting online radio show on this  topic
Thanks for showing me this, but anyone who uses encyclopedia dramatica for information cannot be relied upon.  And frankly these people seem incredibly dim to me regardless.

Offline Technochild

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »
Actually, , Johnny Depp did wear a squirrel suit to comic con...  though he's random enough to do something like that without anybody questioning it :P

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 11:39:45 PM »
Actually, , Johnny Depp did wear a squirrel suit to comic con...  though he's random enough to do something like that without anybody questioning it :P

I say that counts. Johnny Depp is now deemed a furry!

Offline Jad'Thor

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Jaddius F.X. Thor
    • Awards
  • Species: Tri-tailed Folf
  • Coloring: Blue, light blue,Black
  • Height: 1.88m
  • Weight: 67Kg
  • Build: athletic
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 05:23:33 AM »
i dont see them as famous >.< i dont know them besides Johnny Depp.....then again....famous these days can mean basically anyone X3
dont click my pet!!!!

i was here FIRSTer...ish!,and will throw cookies at your face at will :3

i dunno how i got him....but i do, and ill always be grateful for him...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 07:03:14 PM »
well that's why I lowered the bar as to what famous is. Even local fame is enough because nobody in their right mind would say they're a furry without thinking of the massive backlash. They'd have to be legends to think their popularity can withstand the flak.

Offline Quirl

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 11:17:45 PM »
Johnny Depp is now a hardcore furry in this forums eyes. He especially gets additional respect from me for being a squirrel, a most noble species  :D

Offline Jad'Thor

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Jaddius F.X. Thor
    • Awards
  • Species: Tri-tailed Folf
  • Coloring: Blue, light blue,Black
  • Height: 1.88m
  • Weight: 67Kg
  • Build: athletic
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 06:15:36 AM »
lowered? X3....to not knowing them, but that isnt famous then, cause it would mean anyone i dont know on these forums is famous basically >.<
dont click my pet!!!!

i was here FIRSTer...ish!,and will throw cookies at your face at will :3

i dunno how i got him....but i do, and ill always be grateful for him...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 01:39:50 PM »
These people aren't anonymous. Synix is a big shot animator, B-hop is a relatively big sports commentator/voice actor.