The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Counting to 1,000,000  (Read 743969 times)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: Counting to 1,000,000
« Reply #169560 on: April 26, 2019, 09:58:14 AM »

Zero.

And I probably shouldn't even make one for now.

I have so many things I still have / want to do it's probably best for me to just not even bother atm... XP

It was just a thought that randomly popped into my head.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #169561 on: April 26, 2019, 10:01:47 AM »

Ah okay.
It's relatively simple to make an algorithm that'll fit some equation into data.
But you need like 100 samples at the very least
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #169562 on: April 26, 2019, 10:06:16 AM »

Yeah, that's gonna take a while.

For now I guess I'm just gonna stick to texturing one of the jets. That's already tricky enough as it is.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #169563 on: April 26, 2019, 10:06:53 AM »

What game is that even?

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #169564 on: April 26, 2019, 10:17:05 AM »

DCS world. It's a silly little masochism-level realism flight simulator.

It's pretty cool imho

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #169565 on: April 26, 2019, 10:20:37 AM »

Ooh okay.
Not a fan of the hugely realistic stuff, it's just complicated for no real reason.
Unless you write up a console like they have on the planes and really go full realism

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #169566 on: April 26, 2019, 10:29:33 AM »

That's actually exactly what it is. The creators want to model everything in the game 1:1

That includes the so-called "full-fidelity" modules requiring you to do a full startup procedure with manually starting up the engines, testing all the systems, and configuring the computers. (if the aircraft has them)

Now, it's not really typing in a console, but some of the planes like the modern A-10C and F/A-18, but also older aircraft like the Viggen and F-14B do have very indept and pretty complicated computer systems you need to learn how to use if you want to fly them effectively.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #169567 on: April 26, 2019, 10:32:45 AM »

That is kinda cool then.
Still, don't see the fun in it myself.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #169568 on: April 26, 2019, 10:47:27 AM »

I did mention it was a game for masochists and weirdo's, right? :P

And yeah, it is a pretty weird and niche-y game that I fully understand not everyone will enjoy.

I think the biggest part of this is that the whole thing being modelled 1:1 just makes it a lot less romantic. The modern missiles and radars on the jets in the game have stupid far ranges, just like in the real world, so you can easily detect, and in favorable conditions even shoot down an enemy jet from more than a hundred kilometers away, so it's an entirely diffirent form of combat and gameplay that has you rely much more on getting the upperhand with tactics, awareness, and a dirty little bag of tricks called basic and air-combat manouvres.

But yeah, personally I think it's really interesting to learn and experience how these technologies works, and how the fights go and stuff, so I love it a lot, even though it can be really scary and frustrating sometimes.
It also has an amazingly helpfull community, so that helps too.

The game is free tho. Just in case you wanna check it out. Their business model is that it's the aircrafts you pay the money for, but you can download the game for free and you'll get two aircraft with it as well. Not high-fidelity aircraft, meaning the systems still all work and are modelled 1:1 but they're just a lot less in-depth, but they are just as capable.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #169569 on: April 26, 2019, 11:00:36 AM »

While it's slightly interesting, I still don't think it's for me.
I just think it's cool someone made something like that.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #169570 on: April 26, 2019, 11:10:28 AM »

Yeah, and the nice about it is that they seem to be really passionate about it! Like, most of the modules and stuff have so much love put into them, and there's a lot of transparancy between the devs, third party developers, and players, and it feels like everyone in this thing is in it for what it is, and not for the money.

Which is nice, for a change, in the gaming industry... >.>

It's still stupid expensive tho. So you can be happy that you're not interested in it... :P

Because all that work that goes into making those aircraft with all that detail, and painstakingly gathering info and documentation about them from millitary folks and stuff that would rather have you not obviously costs a bunch. And ofcourse, it has the nasty side effect of not just wanting one airplane. No, you want them all, ofcourse!
And that's not even scrathing all the hardware like fancy joysticks and controllers with way too much (but still not enough) buttons on them, that they (folks like thrustmaster and logitec) just love to make in all-metal constructions and the likes.

And incase you haven't noticed yet, yeah I'm a bit overly enthousiastic about this game... XP

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #169571 on: April 26, 2019, 11:15:45 AM »

Well I did notice now.
Yeah I know a hobby like that is really expensive.
Definitely not for me then.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #169572 on: April 26, 2019, 11:21:23 AM »

Well, what kinda games / hobbies do you like then?

I'm going on a wild guess and assuming they've got something to do with magic? :P

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #169573 on: April 26, 2019, 11:28:32 AM »

Well yes and no.
I do like games, just not that sort.
Fantasy games with good magic are great but they aren't the only thing.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #169574 on: April 26, 2019, 11:29:31 AM »

Ah. Any games you do like then?