The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Honor Bound  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Honor Bound
« on: May 07, 2010, 02:28:41 AM »
After many years of waiting, the richest of the rich, both underground and professional, gather once again to celebrate the Kumitei. The Kumitei is the bloodiest underground tournament known to man, where the greatest known fighters of the world gather to fight each other. However, this year, there is a new twist to the games. This year, the fighters will be divided into 2 different groups. The traditional and respectable fair fighters, and those who would do anything to win in a fight. This year's tournament is separated only into two bets to see who is stronger...

dirty fighers, or the honor-bound?

The players have been selected and the bets are already in high anticipation. How will you do in this fight?

Korius was practicing hard in his brother's Dojo. The last few years of his life had been so surreal. Only 10 years ago, at age 11, he found out that the Lambent family had adopted him, and that his real parents had just met their demise, leaving a large plot of land for him, his older brother, and older sister. From that day on, he had helped support and run the Katame Family Dojo. It was around noon time when the man in the dark, black suit came into the dojo with a letter. Korius approached him carefully, "How can I help you?" "Yes, I am here to deliver this letter to the leader of this establishment, Shinzuu Katame. Is he in?" "I can take it for him." The man shook his head, "No. I must hand it directly to him and receive his answer before I leave." Just then, a voice came from the back, "I shall accept that letter." The man handed Shinzuu the letter and placed a hand inside his jacket and a small Click could be heard from his shoulder holster.

Korius peered over Shinzuu's shoulder to read the invitation. "Awww, you're so lucky, Shin. I want to go to that tournament." Shinzuu shot Korius a look, "Only the best of the best will be here, and it will be to the death. I promised mother and father that I'd look after you and Lorazys, so you're not going. Besides, you are still too young to be killing, and above all else, learning honor. You came from a different walk of life than Lorazys and I. *turns to man in suit* I accept the invitation." The man nodded and turned to leave. "The boat will be at the Tokyo Bay Docks tomorrow morning, leaving at 7am. Please come out on time. We want to get to the next rally point on time."

Later that night, Korius argued with Lorazys and Shinzuu about the tournament. Later that night, he snuck into Shinzuu's quarters after he had left on a date with his wife, Vee. Korius went through the whole room, until he finally found the invitation hidden under an inconspicuous tatami mat in the room. Sorry bro, but this is my time to shine.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Honor Bound
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 05:55:25 AM »
Jack was out back of his master’s dojo with his bow, his master watching over him criticizing his every move. He was about to move onto a sparring match with his best friend when he and his master were called to the front gate by a fellow student. Once there they saw the man in a black suit holding and envelope in one hand and his free hand behind his back. The man extended to them the envelope in which Jack took to hand to his master. With that the man turned and left without a word. Jack’s master opened the envelope and without showing any altered expression handed the note inside the envelope to Jack. Jack took the note and read it over, it was an invitation to the Kumitei. He bowed to his master; knowing what he wanted him to do. “I shall not fail you, master.”

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 02:42:52 AM »
Korius showed up at the docks early the next morning, having turned off Shinzuu's alarm clock the night before, after stealing the envelope. He was both anxious and excited to see the vast number of people in Japan that were being invited to this tournament. Among the many, he saw many stray fighters, some of them were even students that had been booted from their family's dojo. Others looked like prominent fighters who also followed the unspoken Code of Honor. Korius became more and more giddy inside, though not showing it. Finally, a time to show that even I can be at the top.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 03:20:55 AM »
Jack packed his things early that morning and went for the docks. He held a sack over his right shoulder with his right hand while he held his left hand over his two katanas sheathed at his right side. He also had a large bow across his back held up by the string; the quiver next to the sack he was carrying. He approached the docks looking at all the people arriving when a noticable person caught his eyes; a black wolf. He approached him still looking around. "A strange occasion, this, what do you say?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 12:25:23 PM »
In no time, a large carrier freight right on time and a narrow, metal drawbridge extended from its hull. A human man who looked like he was military came out with a clipboard and yelled out, "Welcome, you selected masters and well-known fighters. We will now be boarding for the first rally point. When you get in, present your invitation and we'll direct you where to go." Korius stood in line, noticing the variety of fighters that were found in Japan. Many had weapons, and he spotted a few that didn't have any, like himself. As he handed in the invitation, he was directed to the upper deck. It was completely empty, and by the time the drawbridge was retracted and they set sail, Korius only found one other person who came up near the end, dawning a bow and two katanas. Korius walked up to him and extended a hand. "Hey, name's Korius. Didn't know we had foreign masters in Japan."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 04:28:07 PM »
After having gotten on board and shown his invitation he was approached by Korius. He wasn't accustomed to shaking hands, just bowing, so he did. "Greetings, Korius, I am Jack. And you presume correctly, I do reside in Japan. How about you, friend? Where is it you came from?"  He waited for a response, resuming his normal stance. Holding his sack over his shoulder, his bow on his back and his free hand over his katanas which were in an X on his side.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 07:31:16 PM »
Korius returned the bow. "You'll have to forgive me. I grew up in England. I moved to Nippon a few years ago to live in the Katame Dojo out in Mount Fuji with my brother and sister. I-" His attention was averted as the door to the deck was slammed closed. Korius turned and found 4 men standing in front of the door, wearing black suits, similar to the one that had showed up to the dojo. He waved to them and took a step forward, but stopped as they drew their guns and pointed them at him. "What the...!?" The one man who didn't draw his gun stepped forward, "You two are not the ones who were invited to the Kumitei. Neither of you are masters nor are you well-known in the street fighting underground circles. All who are not invited are to be investigated. We have done research on each of your styles and we will be performing a.... test. My associate and I will be testing you in combat. We, too, are masters of our styles. If you defeat us, we'll allow you to advance. If you lose, you die. And don't think of trying to jump off and swimming away. You'll be shot before you even reach the edge." The man drew out two bladed tanfa and another put his gun away and drew out a broadsword. A large smile crept up Korius' face. "I have no problem."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 11:54:47 PM »
Jack looked to the men, somewhat angered at the one's words. "I will not take such slander, if my invitation were truly inadequite I would have not been permitted to board this vessel. So clearly you are mistaken, or lacking in a competant staff. I suggest you retract your statement, sheath your weapons and apologize to my friend and I such a drastic accusation." He remain very calm and took no appearant battle stance, not wishing to engage these men if they backed down. But if need be he could be ready in an instant. He waited until they made their move, either back down or advance.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 12:30:26 AM »
The man merely undid his cuffs, along with his companion. "The invitations are just paper. Your faces don't match the photos we were given. All the invitations are for masters. The Kumitei is run by the most powerful people in the world. A mistake as simple as that doesn't happen." The man gripped his bladed tanfa harder and rushed towards Jack in a blinding speed. The distance was closed and his tanfa came in towards Jack's face from both sides. The other one with the broadsword rushed Korius at the same speed, bringing it up from the side. Korius stepped forward swiftly and stopped the hand with his and guided it higher, over his head. The man brought up a knee to Korius to kick him away, but Korius rotated to the side, keeping grip on the hands.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 05:04:35 AM »
Jack was a tad shocked at the man's speed, dropping his sack. In an instant before the strap of the sack was off his shoulder he had drew his blades to block the attack. He was pushed back a large distance but held his ground while he slide across the deck backwards. "So be it, if you will continue in this manner I have no choice but to defend myself. Forgive me for any harm done." Jack spun on one foot and took a battle stance, his left blade infront of him, his right behind him. "I am Jack Ravage, top student at the Hoki dojo! This is the name of the rabbit who will defeat you!" With that Jack returned the favor of dashing like lightning at his opponent, attacking with his left, expecting it to be blocked so he could spin and retaliate with his right.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »
Korius' opponent dropped the sword and slipped one hand out of Korius' grip. He knelt down and caught the blade, bringing it up to Korius' mid-section. Korius released the man's hand and hopped back, evading the swing by a hair's width. As the blade passed, he closed his hands on the broad sides of the blade and turned, removing the sword from his hand and throwing it across the deck. The man switched into a charge with his shoulder and rammed into Korius' chest.

Jack's opponent merely sidestepped, using his bladed tanfa as a guard. He rotated with the attack and gave a full roundhouse to the back of Jack's head. "Not a bad form, but you forget. I am a master. Treating me like just another fighter will cost you your life."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 06:21:55 PM »
Jack flew forward and rolled across the ground until he managed to roll back onto his feet sliding a tad backwards. "I shall not underestimate you again, do not expect to get another attack connected." He took his battle stance again, looking over to Korius who seemed to be having an easier time. But Jack was always eager to improve himself through a tough opponent. He then motioned for the man to make his move, ready to take anything this time.