The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Issues connecting to the internet (on my other computer)  (Read 578 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Issues connecting to the internet (on my other computer)
« on: September 16, 2009, 01:52:48 AM »
Awhile ago, I posted a thread about what to do when my computer got lots of viruses, and you guys gave me the answers i needed to reformat it

but now i face a new problem

my computer is reformatted, however i have the Drivers installed, but my modem wont work with my computer, It keeps giving me the 'limited to no connectivity' message

now the only way i have internet is on my brothers mac, and i had to plug the internet cable into the mac

but before you go 'Just plug the wire into your other computer and you'll get internet' I tried that, for some reason it wont work

any ideas on how to help, cause i have no clue as to what to do

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Issues connecting to the internet (on my other computer)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 03:29:47 AM »
You got Ethernet right? I got wireless but thats a different ball park. When my computer was reformatted I had one [censored] of a time trying to get my internet back on it, like you, I had the driver installed but no internet. You need to install the drivers first which you've done. Then you have to go through all the passwords (IP adress, WEP code, router password, etc.) and what not to get access to your internet router (if you have secured internet which I assume you do). That's from what I remember more or less. I'm no techie but thats as far as I got on my own.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:32:37 AM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Foul language »

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 07:37:58 PM »
ok it worked as soon as I plugged it in when a friend was gonna walkthrough how to fix it

but the thing was it didnt work plugged in before, why today?

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 10:34:14 PM »
*shrug* Can't say. Maybe just a poor connection quality?

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 12:13:30 AM »
Maybe you restarted the computer and some drivers didn't take effect until you did that? That's how it has been in the past for me, some don't install until you restart. The best way to tell what doesn't have a driver yet if this is the case for not just the network but other stuff, just go to Device Manager under My Computer by right-clicking somewhere on the blank area and looking for it on the window that pops up.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer