The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Animalistic Troubles  (Read 324 times)

Offline Elias

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I don't bite//
  • Species: Fox Hound
  • Coloring: Firey Orange with black and light grey "gloves" and knee high "socks"
  • Height: 5"6
  • Weight: 193 Pounds
  • Build: Well built and very flexible
  • Currently: Mood: Great ^w^
Animalistic Troubles
« on: October 08, 2015, 12:35:02 AM »
Hey guys Elias here,

For a very long time I've been a furry, a good few years but only recently I have been coming back into the picture properly, but its really a quest to look for something I dearly, dearly miss...

Alright, back a year ago, I had to most primal, and animalistic mind set I've ever had, I loved every second dealing with it and having it. If yah need an example. Mating. That is all for now. :P

Anyways I'm despretly trying to tap into that once more, otherkin seems like the type of way but I don't believe that thing is for me.. see where I'm coming from kinda..?

My problem is every reason for becoming a furry, linking yourself with an animal that you either favour or for my case, can highly relate to.

So, short question, what do.. It's started to effect me in daily life, having such a frustration on my shoulders is tearing me apart, I want it back and I need it back in my life, someone or some people in the same boat would be great.

Best would be to find people in my area to relate these problems with and even kick start what I had that time ago, a small "pack" of friends, a feral rank structure. All that good stuff I dearly miss.. I really do.

If you need anymore infomation on it, ask anything you want, I'm in desperte need here.

Thanks for reading and helping if you decide to ^w^

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
Re: Animalistic Troubles
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:07:38 AM »
Hmm. You have quite a problem here. Now you're saying that you used to be more animal, but now your not and trying to get back to that state? Maybe's there's no going back. You may have "grown" out of it. I myself have never had these feelings, so I might not be any help at all haha.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 05:22:51 AM »
To put it simply, your animal mindset is for the most part based on what you're raised with. Cats raised by dogs will act like dogs, humans raised by birds will act like birds*, and apparently you've gotten used to a human mindset despite not wanting to. Like 138 said, you might just move on from this.

*this does not mean it went well

Offline Elias

• Avid Aardvark
  • I don't bite//
  • Coloring: Firey Orange with black and light grey "gloves" and knee high "socks"
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 09:56:02 AM »
I did write this when I was about to hit the sack so I apologise :P

But I don't want it gone, I want it back... so badly.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 10:09:10 AM »
Would you say it's a matter of confidence?
That you at one point felt like you could do anything, but now you cant?
First off, I'm super envious that you had such an opportunity, but isn't that just being yourself?

If you're trying to make a spiritual thing of it, I would try a watered down version of totemism.
Try to learn from the example of the animal instead of as it, using it as a symbol.

Another world of advice is to not linger on the past as it only gets further away and you can only get stuck in it resulting in depression.
Try to keep your mind in the present and you may just find what you lost in the first place.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Elias

• Avid Aardvark
  • I don't bite//
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 10:25:53 AM »
I guess you could say its confidence, maybe I'm not reaching out enough or loud enough to people in my area? Anyone who knows me well enough knows I'm like this and even a furry which is something I don't talk about much anymore. Im trying to gain more friends in my area for just such a thing,  but where do I look?

Otherwise something intrinctivly is screaming for me not to let go of this so easily with the strength of grip I have on it now, its telling me to grip harder and It will be resolved.. somehow..

I've watched the only other person I've met after the pack, practically die inside when they lost her "edge"

I don't want that to happen to me.

But that Totemism.. seems like something that could help me. Thank you.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:33:39 AM »
I saw your other post and you say you're going to the army?
You'll make friends there for sure, if not make new family.

Would you not say that the fact that you're trying not to let go of it only proves that you've lost it?
If you have lost it then it's only a matter of getting it back and the only way to do that is to move onwards without lingering on what it once was.

Also if you don't want to lose your edge, and keeping with the blade analogy, you need to hone it. Find what keeps you sharp and do it when you're feeling dull or beaten. For me it's practising martial arts.

In terms of this totemism business, just for example, I use the falcon.
The falcon represents freedom, speed, precision, knowledge, foresight, nobility and a few other things.
I try and incorporate these things into my life, thinking about the falcon's example.
It's spiritual and doesn't require and funny beliefs.

Offline Elias

• Avid Aardvark
  • I don't bite//
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 10:51:22 AM »
Yeah, I know that but they probably wont be what I'm looking for,but niether less they will be my brothers and sisters in arms.

Hmm.. that doesnt sit well, maybe I'm just bout to let go, but I really dont want to.

I'm the type of person if you give tools to, I will and can accomplish anything given the time, but only with such tools wether that be actual tools, knowledge or such.

Honing it.. maybe thats the answer, maybe soldiering will do that for me, fire up my instincts to protect mylife maybe. Sounds likely. I used to do paintball and it came back but only shortly during and after the gameshad finished.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 10:58:03 AM »
If you ever need to talk about anything or have any questions, don't be afraid to drop me a private message or contact me on Skype.

Offline Elias

• Avid Aardvark
  • I don't bite//
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 10:59:59 AM »
Thanks for the help, will do.