The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: head base question  (Read 990 times)

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
head base question
« on: August 20, 2015, 06:45:12 PM »
just wondering from any makers who use both foam and resin heads what would be done to the ears and the head itself to support real scale mail armor?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:50:41 PM by saph the sergal »
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
Re: head base question
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 11:06:47 PM »
I own both foam and resin heads these days. Wearing something on top of a head should work just fine provided it's not too tight. As for the ears, I think the best bet would be to have the thing made to be compatible with the head by having slots for the ears, since at least on all my heads they wouldn't be able to support anything heavy without bending.

In short, I think the best bet would be to have armor made to fit the head or a head made to fit with the armor. Not really sure what else can be done, but then again I'm no crafter so chances are someone somewhere have got some nice trick up their sleeve. I guess asking both the person who's going to be making the armor and the person who's making the suit if it'd be possible to have the things made to work together would be the best way to know for sure.

Not really sure I understood the question right, but I assumed you were asking about wearing something on a head.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
Re: head base question
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 05:53:22 AM »

Not really sure I understood the question right, but I assumed you were asking about wearing something on a head.

kinda what i meant when i posted this i was tired as heck
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D