The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: XCOM Recuitment call!  (Read 846 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
XCOM Recuitment call!
« on: January 29, 2014, 10:47:05 PM »
Hello guys and gals! I've been playing a bunch of XCOM recently, picked up the new version for it, XCOM: Enemy Within. In it there is a large amount of creation you can do with your soldiers! Names, nick names, armor design and color, hair styles and colors, all sorts of things. So I got an idea, for laughs really to get all my friends and other forum goers in my game. Name them after people, to make them even more personal. If you're not familiar with the game, aliens are invading earth and, you guessed it, it's up to YOU to save it. You are the commander of a secret government project known as XCOM. You recruit and train a large number of soldiers to take on various missions to fight off aliens in your effort to drive them from your planet.

Before I ramble too long, if you want to fight under my command and join the cause, let me know! I consider myself to be decent enough and I don't often have soldiers die on me. It happens, but I'm usually very cautious. I can't guarantee your survival, but I've played the game enough to be confident about the new things(I may have killed my soldiers a couple times due to new things that weren't on the old game). My aim will be to guide you, as my soldiers, through the course of the game. I will when possible give a brief sit rep for each mission so you can sorta keep up with my antics. Anyway, before I hand out a form I'll go over some things you might want to know, for those who don't know the series.

There are four classes;

Assault
The assault class is the back bone of the team. They can deal consistent damage with either an assault rifle or shotgun. They are insanely good with their shotgun, getting up in an aliens face and putting a shell into it. First in last out, assaults can get things done.

Primary weapon: Shotgun/Assault Rifle
Secondary: Pistol

Support
The support class is as it sounds, it makes the team feel good. They are either medics fixing injuries on the field, or providing fire support to pin enemies with suppression and provide covering fire with the team. They are also equipped with smoke grenades which provide a significant buff to defense for all in the smoke's radius.

Primary weapon: Assault Rifle

Heavy
The heavy class has the big guns on the team. Toting their LMGs they deal lots of damage in closer ranges and can also suppress with a hail of bullets. They are also demolition experts, carrying the rocket launcher to deliver massive damage to a large radius. Not to mention destroy enemy cover and exposing them.

Primary weapon: LMG
Secondary: Rocket launcher

Sniper
The sniper deals massive damage from afar, often being the grim reaper of the battlefield. Unless they are properly trained their close range capabilities suffer, relying on their pistols far more then other classes.

Primary weapon: Sniper rifle

With Enemy Within comes two new things. You can modify your soldiers in two ways, genetically or cybernetically.

MECs, Mechanized External Cybersuit, are big robots essentially. They are very bulky and can withstand lots of punishment and deal loads of damage. Unable to hide behind cover they have great armor to make up for it. However they are very expensive, though it's impossible to lose the suit as it is considered armor. But the soldier who operates it CAN die.

All soldiers, save for MECs, can be genetically altered in various ways to improve combat capabilities. Their individual improvements are cheaper, but carry the risk of being lost with the soldier should they die.

There are also SHIV units, but they are 100% robot and unfortunately not customizable. Plus they get no experience, nor do they level up. Highly disposable. I don't really want someone to pick that unit.

There are only six soldiers allowed per mission and can be a mix of any soldier type. And just to point out I'm not asking for your real name. You should probably do something related to your user name or fursona name. I'm not going to be too picky about what classes you choose, but don't all expect to be a MEC. That's really expensive and I will probably have no more then two MECs on any active team. At least early on. Maybe in the late game I can bring more, but early on it wont be feasible. It doesn't particularly patter what you choose since I'm going to play with a setting that heavily alters the skills the soldiers can get so I'm going to have crazy skills.

But if you have any questions feel free to ask...Now for the form you fill out!

Required Info

First Name:
Last Name:
Nick Name:
MEC?:

Optional Info

Armor color:
Additional info:

On a note about the optional info, give me a rough armor color. I can't do everything, just gimme a...I guess standard color. And additional information is basically whatever else you wanna tell be about your character. Even if it's more...RP things, like a background or something. And before I leave I should mention, depending on how many recruits I get, your soldier may not go on every mission. There are many factors that will come into play for this such as injuries and too many of one class, etc. Also, you can be more then one soldier if you so wish. I will keep you guys updated when I can on the status of your soldiers, ranks, injuries, maybe death and maybe a medal! If you earn one.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:24:32 PM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• The Bibliophilic Therianthrope
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Harbinger of Lucid Nightmares;;
    • Awards
  • Currently: Believing in the Tale of the Silver Sight;;
Re: XCOM Recuitment call!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 11:07:39 PM »
Required Info

First Name: Brooklyn
Last Name: Grey
Nick Name: "K" or "Kalahari"
Class: Support
MEC?: No

Optional Info

Armor color: Violet or Gray
Additional info: I think you know him well enough...

H a v e n ' t  y o u  s e e n  m e  s l e e p w a l k i n g ? 

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 11:16:59 PM »
First Name: Mortimer
Last Name: Darkholme
Nick Name: Mortimus
Class: Heavy
MEC?: Nah.

Armor color: Orange, black. Anything Halloween.
Additional info: You should know this dumb dahg well enough. If not, you know you can ask.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 11:19:24 PM »
Thanks guys! Will start this off when I have at least four peeps on board. Since that's the maximum on a team in the beginning until I unlock more.

Also, I forgot to add a gender section to the form. Added it in. I already know what the two applicants are thus far.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:25:31 PM by Srgntcuddles »