The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I have a serious question.  (Read 466 times)

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
I have a serious question.
« on: May 23, 2013, 04:57:27 AM »
I'm not sexually interested in women who are not caucasian. But I still feel I can love them for personality, I still see them as valuable friends and wonderful additions to society. I don't think this is racist, but I want to hear what others think. Is it racist, or just a harmless preference?

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Re: I have a serious question.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 05:09:09 AM »
nah man, sexual preferences are sexual preferences.
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 05:10:07 AM »
Nah, this is not racist. It is tied to a basic human instinct to find a specific type; it's what you are attracted to. Your mind, your subconscious, has a specific "ideal" that it is looking for in a (although this argument can be modified for anyone and for any gender, in this case) woman and that, apparently, is a caucasion woman.

It is nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to be worried of, and nothing to accept anyone's criticism on. You want what you want and you aren't racist for finding one race more or less attractive than another.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 05:28:05 AM »
I figured those thoughts would be presented, and I'm glad they were. But I would still like to see some more inputs. Let's just say someone close to me called me racist for it even after using these facts.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 06:08:05 AM »
Then they have their own problems to deal with. There is nothing wrong with what you are attracted to and if someone feels differently then they need to look to themselves before they start trying to tell you what is and is not racist.

Racism is, as defined by dictionary.com (as this is something easy that we can all check HERE), the following:

1: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2: a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3: hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

As your ability to be tolerant of other races and remain friends with members of that race (as you stated earlier), you obviously are not racist according to definition 3. You do not hate the races other than caucasion and, in fact, encourage tolerance as you say here:

I still see them as valuable friends and wonderful additions to society

You are not a "policy, system of government, etc" so you do not apply for definition 2.

As for definition 1... unless one takes it FAR beyond what you have stated and wants to play extreme semantic games with what you have stated, you do not qualify for that definition.

Attraction is not superiority. You are not saying that (insert race here) is worse than the caucasian race and therefore I'm attracted to caucasions. You have stated that you are just attracted to caucasions because of... something. You are not a racist because of this Sytex. And the person that is telling you that you are because of this issue probably has their own problems to deal with.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 06:13:17 AM »
You can't really change your sexual preferences, nor do you consciously decide "I want to like Caucasian women only", which is why I would say it's not racist. Just like it isn't sexist to not be sexually attracted to one gender over another.

The way you were raised probably does have a large affect on your preferences, but again, it's not something you chose.

And I think it's this bit that puts it on the side of not being racist:

But I still feel I can love them for personality, I still see them as valuable friends and wonderful additions to society.

Loving and accepting other people means appreciating their unique traits and values and historical backgrounds no matter how different they are to you. You don't have to be sexually attracted to someone in order to love and appreciate them for everything they are.

(Typed this before reading Otebon's response above, but yeah. What he said. XD )

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 06:22:46 AM »
(Typed this before reading Otebon's response above, but yeah. What he said.  )

YEAH! I'M HELPFUL!

Offline Rhoryc

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 06:33:07 PM »
As others have stated, it's really not racist. Sexual interests are just that, it doesn't mean "Caucasians are superior to all other races as a whole".

Offline ~Samus~

• Vibrating Furby
  • Working on new fursona/Feeling like MTG
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: Black, white, and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Build: Well and petite
  • Currently: Cuncussed
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 09:08:44 PM »
Harmless preference.
I feel the same way about both genders, if they're not white, Italian, or Asian(I like Asian guys~), I just don't find them all too attractive in that aspect, but there's nothing wrong with them.

It's a harmless preference that honestly shouldn't bother you too much, so don't let it;)
~~~JLC~~~

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 02:05:14 PM »
It’s just a preference. I’m Irish on my dad’s side and Barbadian on my mom’s side. But, I prefer lighter skinned women myself. Compare to favorite ice cream flavors. I have no idea why I like Rum Raisin but hate chocolate. You like strawberry ice cream and will pass on the Superman, that’s just you.
Racism is a whole different story. Don't let others get your view on sexual preference confused with skin-based supremacy.
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.

Offline Firekitty

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitty
  • Coloring: Dark Blue And Black
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 130 Pounds
  • Build: Chubby
  • Currently: Happy, Yet regretful
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 05:00:18 AM »
I believe it's a harmless preference as Many people like asians, for example, Yet no one complains on that

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Eon_Guipagho

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Chaotic Evil means never having to say you're sry
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Ailurus Fulgens(Red Panda)
  • Coloring: Exactly like a Red Panda!
  • Currently: Installing OS X on my Mac for my bro.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 06:31:39 AM »
Not racist at all.  I have Blonde hair, Green eyes(German, Irish)  I glow under a black light and don't look directly at me when I am out in the sun.  "OMG! put your shirt back on, we can't find our towels!"
It's a preference.  If they call you racist they are shallow and/or ignorant.  As I stated I am White as they come, but I don't like White girls.  I have dated White girls in the past and they were all a bunch of bitches.  I have also dated Black, Native American, Asian(Japanese), and Latino women too.  The relationships with the White girls all ended horribly(one that threw books at me and I still have a scar on my leg from it), but all the other race girls the relationships ended respectfully and I am still friends with some of them.  So, now my preference is that I don't like White girls, but I'll take anyone else.
Chaotic Evil means never having to say you're sorry.

Offline Sirius

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolff
  • Coloring: Black/grey/blue
  • Height: 6'1
  • Weight: 220
  • Build: Heavyweight
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »
Noone should bad mouth you over what you sexually prefer. There are people out there with many more problems that are way more serious than having a thing for white women. Everyone has their preferences and has a right to express them. Now if you went about saying you find black woman disgusting then that would qualify you for racist remarks lool

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!