The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kitsune-kin?  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Tao Fox

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • антитеррор
  • Species: Cross Fox (vulpes vulpes) - Feral
  • Coloring: Orange/Black
  • Height: 16" (at the shoulders)
  • Weight: 12 Kg
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: feeling groovy
Kitsune-kin?
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:06:53 AM »
Hey, so, I've gotten the idea over thee years that I'm a kitsune (though I've come to accept that there's a possibility that I'm not) and I've been going through a long awakening process which yields very slow and partial understanding as to my nature. Basically, through a bit of research, I've gathered the following conceptions:
Before my birth, which is the easiest point for a Kitsune spirit to manifest, a fairly young Kitsune attempted to manifest itself within my body. Ignorant as to just how difficult it'd be, the Kitsune was severely weakened by the process and our beings ended up merging instead of the Kitsune gaining full control. The kitsune itself was a partially melanistic red fox with brown eyes; probably around a couple thousand years old at the most. As I grew, I developed the partial traits of both the human and the Kitsune. For example: I have brown eyes, copper-red hair, one pointed ear, and an innate tendency to be inclined towards knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. Though, being only partial, many of these traits are hindered and fairly difficult to express at times. The partiality of my being can be fairly frustrating at times and has led to episodes of lethargy, bipolarity, and overall apathy. There are a few notions though that I've come to embrace, which, I hope, will help me to live my life to its greatest potential.
a ) I've come to accept that my conception of my identity could be completely wrong and I could just be another one of the 6.2 Billion people on Earth (I find this most likely, as I don't like to think of myself as "special" or "unique").
b ) I don't take myself too seriously... as in my aforementioned statement, I don't think I'm unique or special, and don't carry myself as such.
c ) I'm always open to new ideas. I realize that the probability of one person alone finding all of the answers is just as likely as a monkey - randomly banging on a keyboard - flawlessly recreating Shakespeare's "Hamlet", and therefore have opened myself to new ideas and perspectives.

SO WHY AM I TELLING YOU ANY OF THIS?

It's simple.
Having experienced all of the confusion and restlessness I have over the years, I've realized that people like me need to know that there are others like them out there and, more importantly, need to have the option to talk with someone who has an idea of what they're experiencing. So, I put this thread out there in the hopes that it finds its way to anyone who's lost, confused, or just wants a friendly Kitsune to chat with. I'm almost always on my Skype: TaoxFox , and would be happy to share any knowledge that I possess.

So, in conclusion, there are other Kitsune out there (as if I need to tell you) and I'm (maybe) one of 'em. And, to all of the troopers out there who read through all of my babble, thank you!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!