The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Artistic ability?!?  (Read 334 times)

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
Artistic ability?!?
« on: January 04, 2011, 03:54:55 AM »
Ok first let me say, no this isn't me asking people to look at my work/fave or and of that crap, so don't

Anyways, my main thing is I know a lot of artest here know that if you draw pronz you basically get faves and crap out the rear. That's isn't my issue here, its not much of an issue to begin with, more like a rant.

Why is it that "artiest" with like no artistic ability get all kind of stuff like, watches, faves and comments. I never understood this, yes I don't think my art is the best, but I think a lot of people who get all kind of stuff when there art is worse then mine. And yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think that only applies when something is unique not just some random art that has no unique aspects.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Artistic ability?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 04:27:15 AM »
I hope no one is angry with me for disagreeing but I feel that there's a reason this phenomenon happens....it's simply because the better drawn art gets many less people looking at it. Why? Because, like you said, they want pron. They aren't going to search for your art when they go to the little search box, they're going to type in nasty, naughty terms....suprisingly enough -eye roll- there are a bazillion pervs out there. The only thing I can suggest for getting more faves and comments (even though I lack there as well) is better defining your search terms so those looking for particulars will happen across it and ACTUALLY SEE IT, and having close contact with other artists on the site, talking with them, and commenting on their art. They usually will do the same for you if you get close enough........those pron pics with a lot of comments.....those comments come from a tight knit group of friends always talking, journaling, and commenting back and forth. Ugh. I hope I made a little sense. -fail- 
x

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 04:33:18 AM »
Yea I know what you mean *looks back at post* I guess I confused you, what I tried to say was, "this sint about the pron" just about some noob artiest always getting all the crap ;-;

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 04:40:28 AM »
damn newbs! i feel your pain....just between you and me though, the noobs are the ones desperate for comments. they're so desperate they friend lots of people and write lots of journals...so that they can feel better about themselves. >:D I'm not hating on the newbs, I fail at art myself , but just saying....
x

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 04:42:32 AM »
^ win XD

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 04:43:50 AM »
It's not easy getting comments at all in my opinion, I can't draw very well but sometimes you get those moments of new ideas and you find them possible to draw. So then eventually you find something people will enjoy. A large quantity of my work has never been favorable, but heck we press on!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 04:47:05 AM »
We strive, we fight, we surive, and repeat