The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Serious RP?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
Serious RP?
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:30:02 AM »
Ok so this is my second time making a serious rp. The first one didnt get any response :'( and the second one I hope does better :S. So I was wondering what makes certain people join rp's. I mean I think my theme is good... and if its not that... have I just been taboo'd?
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline DatFox Coleo

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mordecai!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5 foot, 2 inches
  • Weight: 110 pounds
  • Build: Slim, Agile
Re: Serious RP?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 03:30:55 AM »
I think their interested in medeivel stuff, i dunno
A young man can be sent to a far away location, far from family to die for his country in the feild of battle at a certian age, but not be old enough to vote. - Myself

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:42:22 AM »
Well...

For one thing, there's no magical formula to be able to tell for sure what people will or won't be interested in. Sometimes people may just not be interested, and you can't take that personally if that's the case. Just have to try something else.

Also, if you don't mind me being honest, your spelling and grammar can be a little difficult to understand sometimes. While that may be fine for posts across the forum, the Serious RP section is often held to a higher standard in that respect... meaning that posts in that board should appear as you'd see them in a book. Of course, that's not always how it ends up working out with everyone in the Serious RP section, but it can sometimes come across as looking less "formal" than Serious RPs are meant to be.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 05:25:55 AM »
Yea I know zeph, I tend to actually spend more time in serious rp replies then others, even though I should probably do it every where. I put taboo because I misinterpreted a post so when I replied someone ((who shall remain nameless >>)) acted like a totally ..... <-- not to nice words and flipped out and said I should be removed. I left just to be the bigger person but its like OK so, I don't know if I'm know just the taboo child or what ever. Plus I'm not the best speller so I won't always pick up on miss spelling but grammar sometimes is just do to my lazy ness *shakes finger at self* I know bad me.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<