The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Childish fears...  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Adelrausch

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • IMVU Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark gray
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 105 lbs.
  • Build: Slim, slightly muscled
Re: Childish fears...
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 01:14:58 AM »
Dolls, E.T., Gremlins, Edward Scissorhands, the dark, my closet door being open when I slept, going into the basement while it was dark outside and there were no lights on, and my dad when he shaved his beard off. A lot of things. Heh. Everyone must think I was a petrified little kid. XD

I still don't like dolls, but I'm not scared to death of them anymore. I don't know about E.T. and Gremlins, though. I haven't watched those lately. I saw part of Edward Scissorhands the other day and it didn't bother me. I still don't care for the dark or the basement while it's like that, but I'm not terrified anymore. I can sleep with my closet door open.  It's still freaky when my dad shaves his beard off...it's like he's a different person. oo; He hasn't done that in years, though.

:peek:
"Normality is just a standard." -Adelrausch

Proud Loyal, P9 fan, Twilight Saga fan, semi-vegan, and furry. <3

Offline TwilightKnight

• Boisterous Bear
  • click. bang. sploosh. dead.
    • my DA page
    • Awards
  • Coloring: white with light grey belly, ears, and undertail, and a bit of light grey on the right front and left back paw.
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 04:29:24 AM »
When i was little i was afraid of monsters in my closet and under my bed and of windows and the dark. I used to sleep with giant minnie mouse doll and then something made me think it was a vampire, so then i got scared of it. This freaky globe thing at my grandparents house made me think there were monsters in the drain, too. I'm still afraid of ghosts and i believe in them and most of them hate me. ._. I caught the ghosts at my old house in a pic! If you want, i'll link you. I'm still afraid of the dark, though i finally got used to sleeping without a nightlight. The main reason i'm still afraid of the dark and windows is because my schizophrenia got pretty bad and i tend to halucinate more in the dark.
http://avatars.imvu.com/TwilightKnight0

"padnemu glaza na fstrechu. zadavai ya ne advechu. i pramalchu, ya tak hachu, prosta biet radam staboy. fsegda, vso dlya tibye" ("pick up your eyes, i'll meet them. ask a question, i won't answer. i'll be quiet, i want it this way, just to be next to you"~Julia Savicheva

Offline Link4009

• Boisterous Bear
  • Not here anymore, add my Yahoo/MSN/AIM/Whatever
    • Link4009 Productions
    • Awards
  • Species: White Tomcat
  • Coloring: White (Silvery hair)
  • Height: 6 in his normal form 1 in his Kitty form
  • Weight: 120 in his normal form 13 in his kitty form
  • Build: Tall, thin and frail looking though has unnatural strength and speed
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 04:31:00 AM »
Clowns, puppets, marionettes, ventriloquist dummies and any china dolls.

I still hold these fears now, except they aren't near as bad as they used to be. I saw some crazy clown movie when I was young, where clowns zapped people with rays, and they turned into big pink flesh sacks. Then a really gigantic clown came along with a straw and sucked them dry.

Heh.  =s

Killer Klowns from outer space! FTW~ those things are so cute I love the midgit one who just punches the bikers head off :D

anyways childhood fear...
Believe it or not I've had the fear of dragonslayers ><
I guess I'm a lil dragon at heart =D
but seriously my friend dressed up as st.george (famous for slaying a dragon and rescuing a maiden D= ) for halloween,
I went to a different neighbourhood and ran whenever I saw him because I was dressed up as a Wyvern and he'd always chase me with his sword D=

Also I was afraid of red jellybeans, like dead fear I wouldn't go near them my friend chucked one at me and I screamed like a little Girl ><

And can't forget E.T, Barney, the Tellytubbies, and Steve, from Blue's Clues, I still think Steve will rape me ><

Offline Violetcheese

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Black & white
  • Height: 0"8
  • Weight: N/a
  • Build: No idea.
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 07:36:03 PM »
I was scared of this huge teddy that I drew on my wall, eventually it got painted over though.. *phew*

Offline Link4009

• Boisterous Bear
  • Not here anymore, add my Yahoo/MSN/AIM/Whatever
    • Link4009 Productions
    • Awards
  • Species: White Tomcat
  • Coloring: White (Silvery hair)
  • Height: 6 in his normal form 1 in his Kitty form
  • Weight: 120 in his normal form 13 in his kitty form
  • Build: Tall, thin and frail looking though has unnatural strength and speed
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 04:20:33 AM »
Edward Scissorhands,

:peek:

Dude we can so not be friends ever xD

Just Kidding but seriously, how could you be scared of that cutie?
/huggles his edward plushie

Offline Rhakshi

• Feudal Lord of the Warzone
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther
  • Coloring: black, kind of grey
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 132
  • Build: Slim, agile,
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 04:34:29 PM »
ok,, and I thought I was the insane one here lol
couple of things scared me, and still do o.o, first spiders. actually only large ones, like black widows or something. Thank God I do not live by those, I used to be freaked out by the basement, I couldn't go down there alone ever. But now I could go down there in the dark and it wouldn't bother me, but yet i'm scared of darkness.... Maybe cause i'm more used to the basement... Though lights turning off (bad experience) in my house, unless by being turned off by someone, scares the crud outta me. And a mild phobia of monkeys lol, those fish in my pond arn't trustworthy either... Only there not scary, there just evil.
I'm hyper today ^^
don't get mad get sadistic
on "imvu" I am Rhakshi. How original                        
and heres the link for you lazy bums out there
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=5238336

Offline Larc

• Avid Aardvark
  • Supreme Overlord of Tacos
    • Awards
  • Species: Malamute
  • Coloring: Blues, different shades and stuff.
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Slim, little bit of muscles.
  • Currently: Awesome as always.
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 12:09:54 AM »
It took me awhile to remember what my childhood fear was...but now I remember it  :umm:

Well my Grandfather had one of those little monkey dolls that have the chimes and would clap and clang..it scared the living crap out of me anytime it came out..then he would make it do its thing and I would scream and run out of the house with my tail between my legs. Eventually he lost it, but then a few years ago he brought it out and I had to sigh at it.
Now that I think about it..they look like the monkey from Speed Racer xD
Multiples? on my furs?
It's more likely than you think, click [Here] for free multiple check.

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2007, 06:49:54 AM »
yup still afraid of bingo trolls

pic below is what im talking bout they are pure EVIL!!!!

PURE EVIL!!!!!!
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Shayoni

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Scottish Highland Cow
  • Coloring: Orange
  • Height: 5' 8
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Big boned and curvy.
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2007, 08:07:19 AM »
I watched this movie when I was five years old because it came on dirrectly before Chitty Chitty bang bang.
And I distinctly remember a scene in it where a zombified hand reached out and grabbed this kids ankle and
pulled him under the bed. It scared the bejeezus out of me. Somehow, this fear managed to translate itself
to the toilet. I would use it, wash my hands, open the door, stand as far from the toilet as possible, then flush
it and run out of the room and take a flying leap onto my bed.

I eventually turned the toilet monsters into something funny, but there are still times where I cannot stand
calmly next to my bed in the dark and have to jump for it.

Also, as a side note, I was apparently frightened of Jurassic Park when it first came out.

Offline Bomberkitty

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm a vibrating furby?
    • Awards
  • Species: White siberian tigress
  • Coloring: White fur with black tripe markings
  • Height: 5
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Fairly good medium sized shape and tad muscular arms
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 02:17:06 PM »
Uhm...childhood fears...I can't really remember much but I do remember the ones that scare me the most and still do till this day.

Deep looking water...Ever since I was little, I've been terrified to go into a pool and I'm not just saying this just because I'm a feline fursona but because I simple HATE to look at it, knowing I can easily be swallowed by it. I can't swim...never could. Odd, a tigress that can't swim I know but UGH! The shallowness...the horror of the 6ft...

Another thing that scared me when I was little and still gives me a couple of chills are those dolls with the moving eyelids. You know, whenever you like tip them back, their eyelids would lower or close. My cousin had brought one of those demon dolls over to my house. She had it propped up on the couch. As it was sitting there, its eyelids started fluttering which scared oh so bad I couldn't even more or look away. Turned out the ceiling fan had been the cause of it but it still almost made my hair turn up and I still dislike those things. Carwashe machines use to scare me too, with all those moving coloerful large brushers and the sprayers hitting the window. Felt like I was being attacked. I had no idea what was in store for me that day, I thought it would've been fun.  :th_PyongLlora:

One last thing that scares me and will forever always scare me. Mirrors...I once heard that they trap spirits of the people they lived in house they kept it in which is why some people have them covered when somone dies or something like that. I was afraid to ever look in one alone, even today I'm a bit skeptical to look into mine (which oddly scares me the most) I always think I'm seeing something in it from the corner of my eye.....I think I want to have it taken off my wall.  =s