The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Zootopia: The Ninth Shadow (Application and Recruiting Thread--HEAVY SPOILERS)  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Dynax

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Chronic case of Deskrage
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare

Before continuing, take heed! This roleplay will set in the world of Zootopia post-film. This means that the premise and the roleplay itself are going to be very spoiler heavy. If you have not seen the movie yet and do not wish to be spoiled, please click elsewhere!

A note: I am very new to this site.  If this thread is in the wrong place, please let me know so I can delete it and put it in the right place!

The Story

One year after the events of the first film and altogether too soon for a city reeling from the political upheaval and terror, a gruesome turn of events slashes through the city's skin once more. A series of Prey disappearances and whispers of a serial killer known only as the Bloodmouth has plunged the city into a cold bath of fear and suspicion that threatens the hard won and fragile victory achieved after the "Savage Conspiracy" as it came to be known. Hero cop Judy Hopps and her new partner, Nick P. Wild find themselves unexpectedly on the case, but when it becomes clear that Nick's connection to the dissapearances goes beyond the professional, secrets, insecurities and dives into Nick's past threaten not only the case, his new career, and his relationship with Judy--who must fight not just to catch the Bloodmouth, but protect her partner from the demons that loom from the shadows of the pursuit...

What I am Seeking

I am looking for a partner to take part in this ambitious adventure with me. I need someone who is not just a committed, skilled writer, but one who is willing to reciprocate energy, ideas and the burdens of helping me carry the story. This person must be able not just to balance a main character, but also be able to help me play the supporting cast as well. If for any reason you must drop the RP, I ask only that you let me know!

What You Can Expect From Me

I am an experienced writer who has been working on original content, fanfiction and roleplay for over twelve years. I will communicate clearly and frequently with you and in the event of an extended absence due to IRL crisis, I will be sure to notify you as soon as possible. I will not disappear on you. I am also a busy professional, and I will understand if you cannot reply for a few days due to IRL circumstances. I will not ask you to do anything that I would not be comfortable doing in writing, and I will do my part in taking on roles and writing to help move things along and make things fun. Post length, in my opinion is not always indicative of quality, but I will always give you something to go off of in a post. My posts range anywhere from two to six paragraphs, averaging around three. If for any reason you must drop the RP, please let me know. Otherwise, I will assume after two weeks of silence that it has been abandoned.

Open Characters
With regard to the two leads, I will be taking applications for both, and choose my partner based on the applicant's compatibility with my style. I will then play the character they did not choose, as I have equal comfort in writing for Judy or for Nick.

Judy Hopps

Nick P. Wilde

The Bloodmouth

Those applying for the Bloodmouth will collaborate with me to make sure that story events line up, but have free reign to choose species, gender, motivation and methods. Any hopefuls applying for the mains may also apply for the Bloodmouth, but must be prepared for the possibility that they may be chosen as a main and the Bloodmouth.

How to Apply
Please fill out this form and PM it to me. You may submit as many applications as you like.

Username/Preferred Name:
Character You are Applying for:
Timezone:
General Activity (how often can you reliably reply):
Writing Sample (response to a prompt. There is no required word count.):

Prompts

Main Character Prompts

1. You have overslept! You are going to be late for roll call if you don't hurry. However, on your way you encounter a mugging in the works. What do you do?

2. You had a terrible day. You have seven missed phone calls, several from your partner, two from your family and one from your landlord. What happened? What do you do to unwind?

3. Someone has been stealing your lunch from the fridge at work, and you have finally apprehended the culprit. How do you confront them?

4. Your work friends have set you up on a blind date without your prior knowledge, shanghai you after work and drop you off at the bar to meet the person. How do you respond?

Bloodmouth Prompts

In the responses to these prompts, please make sure to indicate the species and gender of your Bloodmouth! The Bloodmouth must be a predator, but aside from that go nuts.

1. You have found a mark. Describe them and what makes them your next target.

2. You have captured someone, and they are proving difficult to handle. What do you do?

3. You have a job interview at a day job you are very eager to apply for. How does your interview go?

Final Notes
If you have any questions, concerns, ideas, complaints--anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask me questions here in this thread, or PM them directly to me. For all that I sound all business in this thread, I do not bite and I am eager to get to know people! Have a wonderful day!