The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Has anyone ever been to a furry convention?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline cutiebat

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Has anyone ever been to a furry convention?
« on: May 22, 2015, 08:13:56 PM »
I'm planning on going to further confusion in January and I'm so excited!! It'll be my first time at a fur con. I have been to quite a few anime cons before. Just wonderin if anyone has been to a fur con before and if you'd mind sharing your experience!

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I am not crazy. I have never been tested.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mutant Coyote
  • Coloring: blue/grey, dark brown, golden/brown, white
  • Height: 5'1
  • Weight: 124lb
  • Build: Short, curvy, animalistic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Trying my hide off
Re: Has anyone ever been to a furry convention?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 12:55:11 AM »
I went to a baby furcon (only its second year running) in St.Louis aroumf the begining of the month and it was a ton of fun. It was TINY, probobly way smaller than where you're going but i still had a lot of fun. There are a lot of older indeviduols there but even they are fun and interestimg to talk to and the shade is usuolly minimum. All around its a great time all around with people to meet and talk to, panels, and a killer artists alley amd dealers den (even of it's just to talk and waste the makers' time)  XP
WARNING: Likes to type obnoxiously long messages! Approach with caution!

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 01:21:15 AM »
I loved MFF it was one of the coolest things ive ever been to. I kinda met kage and 2 gryphon, I say kinda because there was like 15 other people standing there talking to them. And I met alot of people some of which I still chat with. bring a back pack though you're gonna want something to carry stuff in. The dealers den was awesome but I went broke in there, so much furry

I was just at th mnfurs spring picnic last weekend that was awesome too not a con but just as cool. It was there 10 year so it was an overnight. I met some super cool furs. There was one dude there, a husky named sky, and when he found out it was my first mnfurs event he took me around to everybody and Introduced me to rhem and made them take pics for me. That dude was awesome

If you go not really sure whats going on somebody will help you out. I was at mff about 20 minutes and furs were coming up to me asking if I had questions cause I looked confused

The midnight howls are just plain awesome
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline EchoesAbove

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Noodle
  • Coloring: White/Green
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 10:37:29 AM »
I'm keeping to German cons, but you'll pretty much meet a bunch of awesome people, forget their names, frantically search the conforums and then be happy xD
Art shows and Dealers Den are cool too, but after sitting in the dealers den once for three days straight I decided I'd rather go see what happens at the con than draw the entire day... What I do must of the time anyways.
  • Avatar by: Photo by Nyro, Stock by ftourini-stock and venomxbaby, Edit by me
  • Signature art by: Kitsune_Nyx

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 03:30:13 PM »
I went to Further Confusion 2012 and 2013. I thought it was overhyped upon both occasions, never going back again. Everyone at the con is usually in a click group that you cannot join unless you already knew them online.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline cutiebat

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 06:09:49 PM »
I went to Further Confusion 2012 and 2013. I thought it was overhyped upon both occasions, never going back again. Everyone at the con is usually in a click group that you cannot join unless you already knew them online.
Wow I'm sorry you had that experience! That sucks. Maybe a different fur con would do ya better

Offline cutiebat

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 06:11:36 PM »
I loved MFF it was one of the coolest things ive ever been to. I kinda met kage and 2 gryphon, I say kinda because there was like 15 other people standing there talking to them. And I met alot of people some of which I still chat with. bring a back pack though you're gonna want something to carry stuff in. The dealers den was awesome but I went broke in there, so much furry

I was just at th mnfurs spring picnic last weekend that was awesome too not a con but just as cool. It was there 10 year so it was an overnight. I met some super cool furs. There was one dude there, a husky named sky, and when he found out it was my first mnfurs event he took me around to everybody and Introduced me to rhem and made them take pics for me. That dude was awesome

If you go not really sure whats going on somebody will help you out. I was at mff about 20 minutes and furs were coming up to me asking if I had questions cause I looked confused

The midnight howls are just plain awesome
Omg thanks for your input! That sounds so awesome. I can't wait to go now *______*

Offline Kipsy

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 03:27:48 AM »
I've been to three. The second one I went to was a crappy experience, but that was mostly because it's was poorly organized. The first I went to was pretty fun. I mean I went with my mate and we attended panels for couples so that made it pretty enjoyable. The third one I went to sort of fell into the middle, wasn't great, but wasn't terrible. I'd probably have more fun if I actually socialized more, but I'm not a fan of new people so. xD lol

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 11:17:33 AM »
Went to FurDU, one of the biggest conventions in Australia, second only to confurgence, but most people I've talked to say FurDU is better :3

Here is my advice on how to have the most fun at a con

1. Know someone there and get their number. Several times during a con you may not know where any of your friends are and you might not know what to do. Being able to text your friends and ask what they're up to can help you significantly in these situations and will make sure you're in a constant bout of fun! I cannot stress how important it is, cause otherwise you may feel overwhelmed or lonely
  2. Don't be shy to meet new people! See someone with a cool fursuit or someone relaxing, talk to them! Furry conventions are as much about meeting new people as they are about meeting old friends, just say hi, get their online details and have a blast.
  3. The best fun in furry conventions isn't necessarily the convention itself! Try to get invited to a room party or something, they can be a huge blast and you can get up to all sorts of crazy shenanigans. That's not to say you should AVOID the main furry activities, by all means you should attend any events that interest you! But just remember that sometimes the best fun happens behind the scenes.
  4. Don't forget to sleep, drink and eat healthy once and a while! You can get sick in cons really quickly and trust me, by the second or third day you'll feel exhausted, so don't over work yourself, drink plenty of water and try to get at least six hours of sleep a night!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:25:34 AM by anoni »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 03:14:52 PM »
I have never been to a convention.

* Nick Sintari sobs violently

I wanna go to one sooooo baaaaaad. I missed one in Portland a few years back, but I've never had the opportunity since. I just want to meet more folks in the fandom personally rather than from behind my computer.

Offline Tiger

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The Tiger in a Tie
    • Fur Affinity
    • Weasyl
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Green
  • Currently: Playing video games
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 03:41:58 AM »
I went to Furry Connection North in 2013 and Motor City Fur Con in 2014. Both were crazy fun! I bought stuffed animals to add to my collection and all the fursuiters were cool. At MCFC I made some new friends through old ones and that was cool. I'd recommend cons to any furry that likes to socialize and be active in the community.