The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Music you discovered  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Drakos

• Classy Draggy
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Awesomely drawn by Kaprika (The lovely floof 8D)
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon Anthro
  • Coloring: Green
  • Height: 6'5''
  • Weight: 225
  • Build: Muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Wondering why stuff is stuff.
Re: Music you discovered
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 07:59:22 PM »
I recently discovered two bands that are a little interesting to me. One of them is Candlemass, sort of a doom metal band I would suppose. The other one is a more progressive band called Camel

Sample of Candlemass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woe_4gkS4XU (Song is called "Solitude)

Sample of Camel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMpPTu74r1w (Song is called "Straight to My Heart)
  • Avatar by: Kaprika (Zee awesome floof! 8D)
Outside on a winter's night as the rain begins to fall
There's a chill in the air and the howl of a wolf while the rain beats at the door
Seven kings will ride on the wind up towards        the mountains high                             
And the only sound that will break the air is the warrior's bitter cry

-Starfire by Dragonforce.

For those who know me I'm still kicking around here, enjoying life. For those who don't know me I do invite you to get to know me if you'd like :3.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

(The song that the lyrics in my siggy come from :3).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=Wp68lrJEYHU

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Bunbun! Bunbun! Yes I am!
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Brown Fur, BBrown Hair.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 119 lbs.
  • Build: Medium
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 12:17:56 PM »
I discovered a huge load of artists! However the ones that had the biggest impact on me were:
Deerhoof (like, pop techno rock everything with a japanese girl vocalist. Sings english)
Graham Coxon (ex guitarist of blur launched a solo project!)
Low
Interpol
The Who (never cared to listen to em but they blew my mind!)
Nicki Minaj
Diablo Swing Orchestra (more like rediscovered, i had heard one of there songs years ago)
the chordettes (yay fifties)
New Boyz
Perry Como!
I'm a devil, but I'm not bad most of the time. Okay I'm only bad some of the time. Okay maybe I'm bad all of the time. ;D

I heart Girls Generation! <3

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »
I'm now addicted to Jane's Addiction XD

The irony! xD

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »
I'm now addicted to Jane's Addiction XD

The irony! xD

He he ^-^ ... Wanted to make something special XD

Anyway... In the past 6 months , I remembered to have discovered a huge number of "core" industry bands such as : Bring Me The Horizon, I Killed The Prom Queen, Parkway Drive, Suicide silence and a couple more that I enjoyed listening to :3
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Height: 5'11&quot;
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 06:50:54 PM »
With a name like
I Killed The PRom Queen, theyre bound to be pawsome.
I'm a devil, but I'm not bad most of the time. Okay I'm only bad some of the time. Okay maybe I'm bad all of the time. ;D

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »
With a name like
I Killed The PRom Queen, theyre bound to be pawsome.

They're not too bad... I like their song "Say Goodbye" very much ^-^

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Height: 5'11&quot;
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 07:10:03 PM »
They arent like, screamo/deathmetal are they?

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 07:41:22 PM »
They arent like, screamo/deathmetal are they?

I don't know... Maybe Deathcore? :/ ... I'm not good with all today's metal sub genders  >.>

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »
According to Wikipedia, I Killed The Prom Queen is an Autralian Deathcore band ^-^ ... Oh... And in the past 6 months, I also discovered a group called "The Agonist" ... It's worth the look... 3rd album coming out for them and here's a link to one of my fave song by them, called "Thank You Pain":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jud_SnKTlY