The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Some insurmountable issue. Apparently.  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
Some insurmountable issue. Apparently.
« on: May 19, 2011, 10:42:33 PM »
My computer is old, this I know (roughly three years now) but quite literally just weeks after my insurance ran out, it stopped connecting wirelessly (or wirefully. Wish that was a word, either way Ethernet and USB cables are out.) to anything. Printers, Internet, you name it, it doesn't work. I let a buddy of mine (who is a bit of a techie, more of a hacker) and he returned it two days later, slightly faster but still broken. Does anybody know what I can at least try to do, barring buying a new computer? And keep in mind I have $14.27 to my name ATM.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: Some insurmountable issue. Apparently.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:41:31 AM »
Your friend may have tried this, but have you checked the device manager? It can be accessed from the control panel, check to make sure that at wireless adapters are not disabled. I wish I could help more, I haven't really had this problem.