The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Pokemon!  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Moofinz

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: Kitty =^.^=
  • Height: 5'1
  • Weight: 115
Re: Pokemon!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 08:11:50 PM »
yes, i go for cute pokemon too, so of course ihad to get a skitty! ^.^

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 10:21:01 PM »
I've played (or at least observed) almost every official game there is, up to and including Japan-only games. I own a very pitiful amount myself though, but I've still got Yellow and Silver. I lost Red ages ago and both Yellow and Silver have seen better days, although they're playable. I lost my Yellow save data a few years ago (I was very close to having a full pokedex) and Silver's internal battery died out shortly afterwards, meaning it's impossible to retain save data on Silver whilst on Yellow I have to start over. :(
I remember looking up a guide on how to replace the internal battery Silver, Gold and Crystal used (which runs out faster due to the internal clock) but I eventually decided against trying to replace it myself, so my old Game Boy cartridges are in safe storage nearby.

Oh and yeah, I tend to play for fun and don't bother with IV training and breeding perfect movesets, etc and the 2nd generation was the last gen in which I actually bothered to try and catch them all. I definitely prefer the old games to the new ones, but meh, to each their own.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Harlequin_Felis

• Avid Aardvark
  • Token "delusions of comedy" kitty
    • Black Cat Media
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic Feline
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 148
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 01:05:18 AM »
Personally, I'm hoping they make just one addition to the next generation of PKM games....
Battle animations. Proper ones. I like my Platinum and all, and my EvilEvee team. I jsut wish they'd actually move once in a while, lol.

Resident voice acting cat.

Offline Moofinz

• Chatty Cheetah
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 01:07:14 AM »
Yea they really need to improve on that, it makes the battles so boring especially when your training like crazy x_x

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 01:50:21 AM »
They already came up with the animations to (Pokemon stadium)
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Moofinz

• Chatty Cheetah
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 01:59:09 AM »
I was thinking for the handheld ones

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 02:33:13 AM »
I meant that they alredy made the program to do that so they could try to transfer it...

Offline Moofinz

• Chatty Cheetah
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 03:12:43 AM »
ohh ok :P i gets it now =^.^=

Offline wastelander16

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: RedOrange, White, and Black
  • Height: 6ft 10in
  • Build: Slim but stronger than he looks
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 06:32:01 PM »
I play pearl but i plan on getting the new silver when the price drops, I have a Gold Bidoof and a Gold/Greenish Onix. on Emerald I have Other gold ones but i forget there names.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 07:31:42 PM »
I meant that they alredy made the program to do that so they could try to transfer it...
Um, no offense intended, but it doesn't work that way. The differences in chip architecture between the N64 and the current consoles, the fact that Stadium used 3D models instead of sprites, how even if the next Pokemon game on 3DS is in 3D like stadium there will be so many differences in terms of how the models are made up, rendered, the skeleton system, joints, etc...
Well, to cut a long story short, even if they basically just made a game almost identical to stadium on the DS/DSi, Wii or for the upcoming 3DS it would be many, many times faster to write everything complete and utterly from scratch then attempt to port the existing code as there are so many differences they'd end up having to rewrite it anyway.

Technical things aside, I too look forward to some more fluid and in depth battle animations in the future, regardless of whether they choose to continue 2D on the handhelds (which seems unlikely with the 3DS) or go into 3D like the console games. If they do decided to go into 3D we're pretty much guaranteed to have something closer to true battle animation using fairly unique animations for each Pokemon...in theory.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 09:10:20 PM »
I knew that i was more talking about they already had a basic information at hand, and to me I would of thought that then new cartridges (even though they are smaller) would of had more of an ability to hold more data then the old N64 cartridges. But dang I feel totally trolled :/  

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 10:47:43 PM »
I knew that i was more talking about they already had a basic information at hand, and to me I would of thought that then new cartridges (even though they are smaller) would of had more of an ability to hold more data then the old N64 cartridges. But dang I feel totally trolled :/  
It's got nothing to do with data storage capacity.
The DS cards can store a lot more data than N64 carts, the issue is that you can't just take the code from the Stadium games and use it in Pokemon on DS or 3DS. Even if Nintendo used the exact same methods, model types, data storage methods, animation methods, etc, etc, etc (which, simply put, nobody in their right minds would do for another long list of complex reasons) they still wouldn't be able to just transfer it, the code would have to at least be partially rewritten, if not totally rewritten and even then the quality of everything would be a lot worse as they're using all the old things specific to the N64 (limits of processing power, chip architecture, 3D capabilities of the time, programming styles, general hardware, underlying software, etc) so it the animations and models would all be N64 quality, possibly worse as a result of having to port everything.
So yeah, again, long story short: the N64 code for animations is pretty much useless any way you look at it.