The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Forklifts weigh 8,000 pounds  (Read 715 times)

Offline Derricklesters2009

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Llama
  • Coloring: Shads of grey
  • Height: 6' 2''
  • Weight: 185lbs
  • Build: Well built but not quite in shape
Forklifts weigh 8,000 pounds
« on: December 05, 2009, 12:53:14 AM »
I work as an insulation fabricator and distributor.

A week ago a man named Kenny was hired by our warehouse manager and this person happens to be a complete moron.

The warehouse has lifttrucks that we use for the heavy material. Kenny drives them whenever he feels like it.

Yesterday, he hit another employee's car in the parking lot because he was being a [censored] and trying to scale a grassy hill with the lift instead of go around it. The lift couldn't do it, it slid back and hit the car.

He's not a very nice person and has nothing therefore has nothing to lose; thus, I am afraid that if I say, "KENNY! YOU ARE AS RETARDED AS A BOX OF ROCKS AND BOXES OF ROCKS CAN'T DRIVE FORKLIFTS!!!!" that he'll simply beat the ***Auto-Censor*** out of me and get fired. I don't think he's afraid of losing his job and he's a gangsta "I'm from da ghetto" type of person who is uglier than sin so I have not a doubt in my mind that he's not worried about being physical.

I am VERY passive aggressive, what is an effective way of saying that I do not feel comfortable with him driving an 8,000 pound vehicle at all because I feel like one of the warehouse hands is going to end up dead?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 04:44:48 AM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Foul language »

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Forklifts weigh 8,000 pounds
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 01:40:09 PM »
if he wont listen, tell someone higher up who will.  but then i've never been in your situation.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 06:52:20 PM »
I work as an insulation fabricator and distributor.

A week ago a man named Kenny was hired by our warehouse manager and this person happens to be a complete moron.

The warehouse has lifttrucks that we use for the heavy material. Kenny drives them whenever he feels like it.

Yesterday, he hit another employee's car in the parking lot because he was being a [censored] and trying to scale a grassy hill with the lift instead of go around it. The lift couldn't do it, it slid back and hit the car.

He's not a very nice person and has nothing therefore has nothing to lose; thus, I am afraid that if I say, "KENNY! YOU ARE AS RETARDED AS A BOX OF ROCKS AND BOXES OF ROCKS CAN'T DRIVE FORKLIFTS!!!!" that he'll simply beat the ***Auto-Censor*** out of me and get fired. I don't think he's afraid of losing his job and he's a gangsta "I'm from da ghetto" type of person who is uglier than sin so I have not a doubt in my mind that he's not worried about being physical.

I am VERY passive aggressive, what is an effective way of saying that I do not feel comfortable with him driving an 8,000 pound vehicle at all because I feel like one of the warehouse hands is going to end up dead?

I Lol'd hard from this.

Just pick someone else from the crew to do it, and if he asks why you did so just say because the other person needs more experience or something along those lines.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 09:22:20 AM »
Derricklesters, I would recommend contacting whoever is his direct supervisor about this. If you can't directly confront him out of fear for your personal safety, I'd recommend getting hold of someone who might be able to do something.

Kero, even though this might be funny, this is something very serious and someone can be killed. The person that he's describing is someone I would rather be picking garbage off the side of the road than messing with machinery with 3,000 pounds-per-square-inch hydraulics and a gasoline engine capable of enough horsepower to lift and move something approximately it's own weight.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 03:17:17 PM »
Derricklesters, I would recommend contacting whoever is his direct supervisor about this. If you can't directly confront him out of fear for your personal safety, I'd recommend getting hold of someone who might be able to do something.

Kero, even though this might be funny, this is something very serious and someone can be killed. The person that he's describing is someone I would rather be picking garbage off the side of the road than messing with machinery with 3,000 pounds-per-square-inch hydraulics and a gasoline engine capable of enough horsepower to lift and move something approximately it's own weight.

I know, I know. D:
Well, maybe Derrick can just tell the "gangsta" that because of that incident he'd rather have someone more experienced using the Forklift?
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 06:59:20 PM »

I know, I know. D:
Well, maybe Derrick can just tell the "gangsta" that because of that incident he'd rather have someone more experienced using the Forklift?

Both of your comments work perfectly. I shall give it a shot on monday!

Thanks guys.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 08:17:28 AM »
Be safe.

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 01:11:38 AM »
He was fired today for failing to heed to my instruction of not driving the lifts. My boss asked him to leave and not come back when he nearly killed us all when he took out a gas tank attached to a liquid propane fueled fire heater.

Pat, the refractory manager, saved our lives when he leaped on top of the runaway propane hose that was spraying flammable gas everywhere and was trying to keep the gas from igniting on the other nearby heater. [In case you don't know, liquid propane heaters work by creating a controlled but open flame]. All of us were screaming at each other. Fabrication manager, Bill, sprinted to the tank and shut off the valve. We then all scrambled to shut off all the open flame heaters until none of us could smell the propane anymore.

It was an awful and scary experience. I had really thought to myself, "This is it. Goodbye, world."

Bill had a few words with someone on the phone and then turned to Kenny and said, "Kelly at the front counter is printing your check right now."

Kenny interrupts, "Why?"

Bill chuckles then states, "Cause you're fired."

That ends my problems! Yay!

thanks furry forum!

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 03:15:03 AM »
That sounded like it was a very scary day indeed and stressful. I'm glad you're okay and it seems like it was definitely in the best of everyone's interest *not to mention longevity* that the guy was fired.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 08:54:57 AM »
I wouldn't trust him with power tools, objects more than one pound in weight, sharp objects, or even with rope. With a record of fooling around like that, I'd be looking into who else he's possibly endangered/harmed/killed.