Author Topic: Jumping Back Into Role-Play ~ (Open to All)  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Cross-Fox
  • Coloring: A deep orange color with the traditional black mask and flecks of white found in most cross-foxes
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 153 lbs.
  • Build: Medium build, slightly toned. Sean's not really bulky, but he's got some muscle put on him.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Depressed and yet moderately aroused
Jumping Back Into Role-Play ~ (Open to All)
« on: April 10, 2015, 03:13:51 AM »
It's been way too long since I last role-played so I figured I should do as recommended and start a topic here. I'm leaning towards serious role-play personally,  but I think it'd be better to start off slow so if you wanna jump in, please do.

Gonna start with a cafe' scenario of sorts, sort of a loose style to all this, but I'll set up a prompt after the jump, just go wherever you wanna take it, and I'll roll with the punches.  ^_^

Some preliminary info:

Character Form
Name: Sean Hart
Species: Cross Fox
Brief Description: Average cross fox mark-up, has a curly, dark-brown fringe hanging around his left eye. Typically quiet, but often jovial and talkative among friends. It's not to say he's anti-social as much as he requires a bit of work to get him to open up. When talking to strangers, he's very polite and well-mannered, although often goes on the defensive if something bothers him.
On the other side of things, he can get into moods where he's very sullen and hard to talk to, often being terse among friends, and more open with strangers, resting easy within a certain sense of anonymity that comes with talking to someone he suspects he will never see again.

------

I walked into the aptly-named "The Bistro" with a slight catch in my step. I've never been good at dealing with pressure, and god knows pressure was definitely being applied to this poor fox. I feel my ears flick around as the door swings open and the beehive effect distracts my senses with the idle chatter of the little cafe'.

The "little cafe'" is jam-packed with furs, just about everywhere. The noise is a bit annoying, but that's probably because I'm bothered. I wait in line a bit and after a few minutes I'm at the counter. I don't really like coffee, or tea, so I order hot chocolate. I need some comfort food. The kit behind the counter asks for my name, and I give it, "Sean Hart," I say.

"It'll be about fifteen minutes, sir," he barks as the furs behind him catch my order and pitch it to the busy baristas.

"Fabulous," I grumble, and go to take a seat. I can't help but feel bad that I'm putting out these vibes, but I suppose it can't be helped in some degree. I sit at a small table with only one other chair across from the one I occupy with a huff. I eyeball the empty seat while I wait for my drink, silently hoping that someone will take it.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:24:11 AM by Atelier »

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
Re: Jumping Back Into Role-Play ~ (Open to All)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 04:50:58 AM »
((neeeeayyyyooowh *My absolutely horrible impression of a plane* well, I'm coming in! cos you seem like a decent enough RPer))

A police officer, a German Shepherd by the looks of it, stood outside the door, taking a moment to speak into the radio on his shoulder, saying something unintelligible through both the din of the cafe, and the thick glass doors. if they were up to code, they were storm resistant too. but the shepherd wasn't here to be an inspector, he was here to make an arrest.

He walked in, his hand on his belt in a casual gesture, though it really was only there to keep his hand close the the .45 caliber pistol on his belt.

He scanned the crowd with wolfish golden eyes, his black coat blending almost perfectly with his short-sleeved patrol uniform. but again, he wasn't here to make a fashion statement, he was here to make an arrest.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A deep orange color with the traditional black mask and flecks of white found in most cross-foxes
  • Build: Medium build, slightly toned. Sean's not really bulky, but he's got some muscle put on him.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »
(AH! I'm sorry I'm replying so late, I didn't think anyone'd reply after the first few days!)

The door of "The Bistro" opens up and a handsome German Shepard walks in with a thumb on his belt. His eyes scan the shop very carefully. I shift a bit in my seat when I see that he's a cop. A server comes over with my drink. "One hot chocolate?"

I scowl, "Thank you." The server doesn't look particularly offended, but a little annoyed. I shrug it off and smile when the cop's eyes meet mine. How are you officer? I muse silently to myself. I take a sip of my drink and gasp when it scorches my tongue a bit. The cop's looking really intently at just about everyone, and I decide to duck out, passing right beside him, as I go out the glass door.

Outside the pretentiously titled cafe, I continue to sip carefully on my hot chocolate, looking tentatively behind me to make sure that no unwanted parties are following me around.

Offline sketchyVagrant

• Avid Aardvark
  • *looks up from doodling* Hmm? Sorry, what'dja say?
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: Red-orange, white, black. Depending on if things get mystical, she has an alternate white, grey, black look.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 125
  • Build: Slim, toned. She's quite hip-ish but is embarrassed of her natural softness.
  • Currently: forever loving me some Uta. Dat ghoul tho.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 05:07:39 AM »
Character Sheet:
Name: Daxyn
Species: Kitsune
Brief Description: Dax is an art student who likes nothing so much as kickin tunes, reading disturbing manga, video games and beer on the weekends, and consuming unhealthy quantities of caffeine. She doesn't care for confrontation and is usually the first one to try and quell tension. Her weapon of choice is a paint brush and her mother language is sarcasm.

Dax yanked the white headphones from her head, wincing at the ear splitting whine that emitted from the devices. With a sigh and an eye roll, she stepped away from the sidewalk foot traffic to lean gingerly against the brick face of a building, praying her white hoodie didn't pick up any grime. The head phones had come half unplugged from her MP3 player in the pocket of her dark denim shorts. Awesome. Dax fixed her set up and jammed the play button, resuming the tech rap that had been playing before.

Sexy boys, fancy boys, Playboys, bad boys...
I fink u freeky and I like you a lot...

This might be just the thing to keep her mind off of her finals project. Dax resumed her wandering commute to nowhere, watching as her canvas sneakers scuffed on the pavement. Each step caused her messenger bag to slap the back of her legs, bringing her brain back around, full circle to the plethora of unfinished sketches and half attempts at brainstorming that she had so far accumulated in her quest to graduate her second year of college. 
  Dax's brows furrowed in frustration. She was going to fail. 'I'm such a loser. Who fails art school of all things? You should be able to DO this.' She berated herself as she ambled along, paying no mind whatsoever to what was going on around her.
You know the creepy house from Salem's Lot? That would be the perfect setting for the Haunted House in "Anna Dressed in Blood." <3

My kik: tacticalCorsair

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 04:23:52 AM »
(I'm gonna go ahead and switch to the third-person since that seems to be the norm.  :) )

Sean's stride picked up as he began to feel surrounded. Eyes everywhere looked at him for miliseconds until they darted to a new target. His skin crawled, his fur stood on end, he was breaking down. His own eyes wandered from fur to fur and he rushed his pace. He soon passed a kitsune about his age who was wearing a white hoody, listening to music through a pair of headphones wedged in her ears.  She made a face and adjusted something in her pocket then leaned against the wall of the nearby building. He ducked into the same alley on a whim. He put aside his aparent paranoia aside to just let his stress burn out in the shade between buildings. "Crazy out there, isn't it?" he said, not really considering her headphones.

Offline sketchyVagrant

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Red-orange, white, black. Depending on if things get mystical, she has an alternate white, grey, black look.
  • Build: Slim, toned. She's quite hip-ish but is embarrassed of her natural softness.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 05:35:35 PM »
((Oh sorry! I didn't pay attention to the perspective at all, I just started writing XD ))

Not two steps away from the wall she'd leaned against, Daxyn's headphones started slipping off of her ears. 'Wretched, darn, cheap pieces of...'

"Crazy out there, isn't it?" Daxyn whirled around to the source of the voice, right next to where she'd been standing there was another fur. A fox by the look of him.

'Wow, way to be a space cadet, Dax, the guy was only right freaking next to you.' Daxyn smiled wryly at the stranger, "Yeah, it's a little insane." She pulled the headphones off, resting the plastic headband around her neck. "But sanity is boring."

Daxyn approached the fur, extending a paw to shake. "My name's Dax."
You know the creepy house from Salem's Lot? That would be the perfect setting for the Haunted House in "Anna Dressed in Blood." <3

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 06:44:08 PM »
(Haha, it's fine!  XD )

Sean took the paw with a smile and shook firmly, "Sanity might be boring, but it's all we've got sometimes." He  reclined against the wall opposite of her, "Sean Hart, by the way, pleased to meet you." He ran a paw through his fringe, pushing it back behind his ear. "But after a while even insanity gets boring too. It's all about balance."

Offline sketchyVagrant

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 07:36:04 PM »
Daxyn chuckled. "Balance, huh?" She looked down at the pavement, shuffling her feet and considering Sean's words. "So, chilling out in allies... Which side of the balance does that land on?" Daxyn asked, tucking a stray lock of hair behind a black tipped ear.

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 03:37:18 AM »
Sean shifted a bit, "I..." he started, and stopped with a throaty laugh, "It's all been one heck of trip here recently." He took a sip of his hot chocolate. "Our scales seem to favor insanity today." He shifted between feet, holding the cup of cooling hot chocolate right under the lid with a very graceful grip. He noticed the bag she had on her, "What's in the bag? Are you a student?"

Offline sketchyVagrant

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 04:57:37 AM »
Daxyn watched the way Sean held the cup in his hand, paying attention to the loose grip. She learned by drawing various figures that the littlest things could tell you a lot about a person. Her own fingers itched to draw out the seemingly self-assured confidence in that small gesture.

"What's in the bag?" Sean asked her, his eyes on the pouch of evil slung over her shoulder. "Are you a student?"

Daxyn grimaced, adjusting the strap again. It was like the pressure of her project made the contents of the pack physically heavier. "Yeah, I'm a Fine Arts major. I have a bunch of... Failed brainchildren in here." Daxyn's eyes flicked back to Sean's face. "Speaking of what's in the bag..." She started, an idea taking form in her mind. "Can I draw you?"

'Freaking odd as that request might be, Dax, you weirdo.'

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 12:43:46 AM »
Dax gripped her bag with white-knuckled stress. "Yeah, I'm a Fine Arts major. I have a bunch of," she paused as a dark grimace fell over her face, "failed brainchildren in here." She paused again, "Can I draw you?" Sean's eye widened and he smiled "Can't say I saw that coming, to be completely honest." He shrugged and took another sip of his hot chocolate, "I don't see why not, I haven't a problem with it." He gestured out of the alley, "After you, miss."

Offline sketchyVagrant

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 01:01:08 AM »
Sean's expression opened up as he smiled. "I don't see why not, I haven't a problem with it." Daxyn breathed a sigh of relief. At least he didn't react like she feared, which is to say smile politely at the strange request and proceed to walk rapidly away.  He motioned with his hand to the end of the alley, "After you, miss."

"Awesome!" Daxyn turned back toward the street, but paused.  Slowly, she turned back around to look down the stretch of narrow side walk between the buildings.  "Actually... Let's go this way." She suggested, pointing down the alley. "The mood there is so much better..." Her sentence trailed off as she led the way. 

Her mind's eye took over as she walked, distracting her from reality. She. Hadn't even bothered to see if the subject she'd intended to draw was following her.  As she pictured the place in her mind, ideas for several sketches popped into her head. She put a thumbnail into her mouth, picking at it with the end of a sharp canine as she thought, already planning out compositions.

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 02:06:04 AM »
Sean followed Dax down the alleyway with a slight drag in his step. He watched the kitsune stare with intent down the alley, "Actually...Let's go this way. The mood there is so much better..." she was absorbed in her idea, and while he began to feel increasingly uneasy about the fading light in the alley, he decided he had no reason to not trust Dax, although his sharp fear from before told him that he had no reason to trust her either. 'Listen to yourself, Hart, you sound like a frigging convict. You've got nothing to worry about.' He gulped down another swallow of hot chocolate that was beginning to become more akin to lukewarm chocolate if anything. He snickered at this idea and finished off the beverage and kept it hanging from the tips of his fingers.

"I suppose you'd have a better sense of what you're looking for. I haven't drawn for a while now." He shoved his free hand into his pants pocket to pull out a pack of cigarettes. He drew one from the pack with his lips and kept it there while he fiddled with his lighter in one paw. He stopped when he remembered he wasn't alone, his thumb resting on the sparking mechanism, "You don't mind if I smoke a bit do you?"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:17:04 AM by Atelier »

Offline sketchyVagrant

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 04:29:25 AM »
As Daxyn approached the back door of the abandoned building, she was pulled from her musings by a questioning tone. She glanced back at Sean, noticing the cigarette hanging from his lips and the inquisitive look on his face. 'He asked if you minded him smoking, space case. Duh.

Daxyn smiled back at him. "No, I don't mind. Thanks for asking, though."  She turned back to the building and tested the door. Locked, no surprise. Daxyn frowned as she slipped a pin from her hair.  "Actually, I quite enjoy the smell of cigarettes." Quick as a blink, the door swung open, its hinges creaking faintly.

She peered into the dim space within, checking for anyone who might be inhabiting the space. Seeing no one, she motioned for Sean to follow her in. "I hope you like to play pool."

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 01:33:37 AM »
"Thanks," Sean grumbled around the cigarette, bouncing in his mouth as he spoke. It took a couple of takes to get a flame, and lit the cigarette with a paw shielding the little fire from any malevolent breeze. He watched with barely concealed curiosity as Dax jimmied the door open, 'Huh, that's kinda surprising, I guess.' Sean shook his head and exhaled, letting the curling tips of smoke evacuate the confines of his mouth. Dax looked cautiously into the room she just pried into, "I hope you like to play pool," she said gesturing him over.

Sean trotted over, pulling the cigarette from his lips and holding it between two fingers, "It's been a while, but I'm game." He turned to face Dax as he walked in, "So I'm assuming this is for a project." He said this like it was a question. "What're you working on?"