Author Topic: DarkFall  (Read 8055 times)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
DarkFall
« on: July 29, 2015, 06:40:31 PM »
Welcome to the sleepy town of Darkfall. located in the idealistic English countryside this town has continued quietly, existing as a perfect little town. Everyone knows each other, crime is low. A pleasant, if somewhat insular society.
Or at least that's how things were, until a week ago, a violent murder occurred behind the local Church, usually such a thing would be news, but not hugely noteworthy, what sets this apart from most killings is the nature of the body.
The corpse was Completely mutilated and smashed. The killer is still loose, and the only clue is blood smeared on a nearby tombstone:
"Henda Coofena. Sytenc Enteco."

Near the center of town is the BrokenMoon hotel, as hotels go its fairly poor, peeling wallpaper, plumbing that does not quite work right, though the beds are comfy and its surprisingly easy to get to sleep. The people running the place, the Drakes, seem nice, if slightly bumbling, however the rest of the town seems distinctly... icy... towards those staying at the hotel. Edward Drake, the Wolf running the place, tells his customers its just how things are. "You Can't change how the town folk are. Just do your thing and let them do theirs".

It is early morning, around 8AM, April the 16th. 2015. Most Furs should either be waking up, or awake already.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:44:29 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
Re: DarkFall
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 07:28:17 PM »
Addison has only been in this town for one night and he already hates it. He had a nightmare last night, he usually doesn't have nightmares, in fact he usually didn't even remember any of his dreams at all, it was like he didn't even dream at all. Now all of a sudden he had a dream and it was a terrible nightmare, at least to him it was. It was horrible, he was just sat there for a while and nothing happened, but all of a sudden there were just eyes watching him. NOT people! Just eyes! All they did was just stare at him! Unblinking! He just wanted to disappear or making them go away but he didn't want to move because they just kept looking at him! Nothing else happened. They just stared at him all night, unblinking, showing no sign of any kind of strain. When he had woken up it was in a cold sweat on his bed.

Addison is still sitting on his bed, he sighs and rises from it. Making his way to the bathroom, he throws off his clothes and gets into his shower. Whilst he showered he thinks about asking if there's anything weird about room 39 in the local hotel. I've never even dreamt before this is...weird on so many levels. **censor** that dream was freaky... I hope that doesn't become a thing that keeps happening. He shakes his head, trying to ease his thoughts, and starts to whistle to himself as he showers.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:03:50 PM by Grovygrunge »

Offline Radio

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Lonely
    • www.furrypile.co.uk
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 08:19:20 PM »
Calixso jumps to attention, his heart racing so fast that he can hear the resounding thud in his chest. He scans his environment to find himself in bed, much to his relief. Calixso rotates his torso, cracking his back, before overlapping his arms above himself; yawning. He had quite the nightmare. He envisioned himself back in the city, himself and his entire family being held at gunpoint. As a trigger was pulled, the gunshot was heard but the entire scenery changed. He saw himself in the center of this town. His ears were twitching as he heard nothing but a series of mixed whispers that grew louder and LOUDER until...
Calixso shakes his head and groans. He has a migraine just recollecting his dream. He walks out of his room and makes his way to the lobby.
Would like very much to become a mod one day!

Offline Winter98

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6"2'
  • Weight: 310
  • Build: Well toned, skinny
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 12:31:42 AM »
Devareaux, true to the others had the same nightmare. In the dream, he found himself in town center, surrounded by a permanent fog.. he could hear voices, someone screaming for help, and someone else laughing.

He jumped awake, gipping the handgun on the table next to him instinctively. "Just a dream.. like the others.." he muttered and rose from the bed. "Get out of there.." he tapped his forehead with his finger as he grabbed his clothes, a simple black shirt and jeans, with a leather jacket. He strapped his holster to his side, and placed his pistol inside. He opened up his door. "Room 41.. better ask around" he looked down the hallway of the hotel "lobby. There'll be someone down there." He closed the behind him, and headed down to the hallway to the lobby.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 12:22:13 PM »
The plumbing in the showers groans as it is turned on, and seems to splutter as Addison starts the shower. The water is cold, and takes some time to warm up.

This pretty much confirms your suspicion that the plumbing barely works.

~~~

As Calixso and Devareaux head for the Lobby, they can hear a conversation between two people, you recognize one voice as the receptionist (a wolf, presumably Edward Drakes Daughter) But the other voice is unknown to you.

Unknown voice: "~Why do we even need a hotel in this accursed place? This place is barely more than a village, it does not need more strangers."
Receptionist: "Look if you have a problem take it up with my father please, I can't change anything"
"And yet you choose to work here? This place causes more problems, mor~"
"For the last time, This place has been here a long time, we have been able to make money out of it. So we continue to run it. It's as simple as that, this is not some gi~"
"OH its about money is it? I am sure you could not be happier when Helen Died."

"How could you even suggest such a thin~"

"OH COME ON. We all know how much it boosted your business, Everyone coming to~
"I think It might be best if you just left"

At this point, at least one of you arrives at the lobby, You can see that the second person is a somewhat large fox, standard colors. he is at the font desk, obviously arguing with the receptionist, The receptionist is standing at the desk, having stood up during the argument Neither of them have noticed you yet.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:25:46 PM by Angder »

Offline Winter98

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 12:25:15 PM »

"Whats happening here?" Devareaux walked up to the pair "is something the matter sir?" He faces the fox "sounds like a heated argument.."

Offline Radio

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Lonely
    • www.furrypile.co.uk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 01:18:09 PM »
Calixso enters the scene shortly afterward; hearing the context of the conversation.

*thick russian accent*
"I am also intrigued as to what the issue at hand may be. Perhaps there is someway to settle this dispute without further aggression?"

Calixso locks eyes on the aggressor of the conversation, almost anxious to see his actions escalate into hostility.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 04:35:16 PM »
Addison groans as he steps out of the shower, the water had been luke warm at best, his long hair plastered to his face. He did his best to make sure he was as dry as possible but his hair was still a little damp. Ugh whatever... He puts on a pair of jeans and a green hoddie and heads outside, making his way to the lobby slowly. Once he sees what's going on there decides to stay near the hallway he just came from, he doesn't want to draw any attention to himself or really get involved with whatever is happening. Just need to stay out of this...stay over here and it'll all go away...maybe...

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
The fox glares at the two, he seems to wince as he hears Calixso's Russian accent. "Please excuse me. I was just leaving." He says, icily. Showing considerable contempt for both of you. He then turns, snarls something under his breath, and heads for the door.

The wolf behind the desk sits down, and sighs, leaning her head on one paw. "Thank you. Thought he would never leave... I am sorry you had to see that. Some of the townsfolk... well... I think you can tell..." She looks up at you two. "I trust your room were.... well bearable at least."

Offline Winter98

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
"Bearable.. yeah, but i did have a question" he came to the counter and leaned up against it lightly "who stayed in room 41 before i did? Anyone specific?"

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 06:18:15 PM »
Addison slowly edges his way towards towards the receptionist's desk, he looks down at the floor as he does, waiting behind Devareaux quietly. He tapped his foot against the ground a little, trying to keep himself occupied. He hummed to himself quietly.

Offline Radio

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Lonely
    • www.furrypile.co.uk
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 06:32:53 PM »
*Calixso stands idle as he awaits the receptionists response looking over at Addison a bit bothered by his humming but does not pay it any mind.*

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 06:45:16 PM »
The receptionist frowns. "41... why is this important? I can check the records but I am not sure I am allowed to." She looks down at the ledger showing who has been staying at the hotel. "It was probably some time ago. We don't get much business..." She opens the book, and starts looking through.

Offline Winter98

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 06:47:13 PM »
"I get that, i just got an odd feeling while staying in that room" he looked back to addidon and calixso for a moment, but turns back to the receptionist. 

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 08:25:49 PM »
Addison turns to Calixso, starting to feel awkward due to the lack of conversation and feeling like he's expected to say something. "Erm...G-good morning. How are you today?"