The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: MSN Messenger problems  (Read 2384 times)

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
MSN Messenger problems
« on: December 11, 2010, 02:53:46 AM »
I've been having this issue with MSN for a while, where some of my contacts never show up online, even when I know they are online, and I show up as offline for them too. It only does it for a couple people, the rest in my contact list work fine. Messages don't go through at all either.

I've tried restarting, re-installing MSN, blocking and unblocking, making sure both our statuses are "online", and re-adding the contact. I've used different programs; MSN on my PC, Adium on my Mac, as well as the web messenger Ebuddy, and they all do it, so I doubt it's any of the programs themselves. I've tried looking up a solution online but couldn't find anything myself, so I thought maybe someone here might have another idea.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: MSN Messenger problems
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 03:03:41 AM »
I want to be able to talk to the Zeph. D:
So yes, help with this issue would be nice because Zeph's the only person I can't see when she's on.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 03:29:52 AM »
Do you have the new 2011 update for msn?  it fixes the problem and more.
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 03:42:23 AM »
I haven't tried that one, but I can't use that on a Mac, and I'm on my Mac most of the time.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 03:48:02 AM »
oh  ok.  Well, unless you have an updater, the only other thing that works that I know of is starting a new email and moving your contacts to that one. Some one else may know more so yeah.  or you could always try calling microsoft but...I wouldn't recommend that

Offline shadowfox

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
  • Species: ShadowFox
  • Coloring: jet black
  • Height: 6' 6"
  • Weight: 220
  • Build: slightly muscular
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 03:51:42 AM »
that sounds exactly like what i've been going through with my MSN............ but mine at least seems fixed now... idk what fixed it...

i know i was also having the same trouble on my MSN mobile so it might be something other than just the version of the messenger you has...

and from what i heard, the 2011 MSN update has had more bugs in it and more people have been switching back to the older versions...

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 04:01:47 AM »
Naw, its just the different layout and new features. 

Another way to fix the problem is to go into your control panel, programs and features, windows live essentials (or msn. depends if you have the full pack) and click the uninstal/change button.   it should give you a repair option and all problems are fixed when its done repairing

Offline shadowfox

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
  • Species: ShadowFox
  • Coloring: jet black
  • Height: 6' 6"
  • Weight: 220
  • Build: slightly muscular
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 04:23:30 AM »
i looked for that windows live essentials thing.... i couldn't find it at all O.o

and it doesn't explain why i was getting the same problem on my MSN Mobile >.<

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »
Dunno if this would work, but it did work for me when I had a similar problem with a contact or 2...

Through your windows live client on your PC, you and the one not showing up online must delete each other's MSN and select the 'Also delete from my Windows-Live Hotmail-contacts'
The after you've fully deleted each other, ONE of you re-add each other, the other one should get the 'accept this person to add you' notification.. after you accept it, you should see each other online.. if not and you know you both did it correctly, try block/unblock each other..

And if nothing else works.. your best choice would be to dump the old account and create a new one, then you tell everyone to add the new one to stay in touch..

Aaaaand.. if you'd want to try this, I've already deleted you, so you can just go ahead and delete me ([email protected]) and re-add..
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 12:39:34 PM by Timmy the Foxy »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 02:47:17 AM »
WLM 2011 is way worse than v14.
Just a heads up.
I also get this problem but it seems to be on and off.

Naw, its just the different layout and new features.  

You can't even change your screen name. LOL.
Oh but but but~ on mac I love it because it's much better than the old messenger. Just.. can't wait for message grouping >:I
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:50:29 AM by Jasper Redfyre »