The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Another newbie, an author this time!  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Azul Thunderspeed

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I finally have a pic!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 134 lbs.
  • Build: Slender
Another newbie, an author this time!
« on: July 17, 2009, 05:13:05 AM »
When I say newbie, I don't mean just to the forums. I mean that I am very new to the fandom. After two days of looking over all of the furry goodness, I have decided to officially pave my way into the scene. Sadly, the only time I have a chance to meet any other furry is in April, when one of the conventions come to Robber's Cave Natl' Park by Wilburton, Oklahoma. I am planning to move to Dallas anyway, so I'm probably not going to be able to catch it. For the past few days, I have been writing an original story. My pen name will be my username, so you won't have trouble finding my book on the shelves in a few years. My best chance at making friends in the fandom will be here. I've been on other forums before, so I shouldn't be too much trouble. If I am, just PM me. I like for people to tell me things outright. No beating around the bush, mods. Just put it to me bluntly. I will try to stay out of everyone's way, but I hope to make friends as I go along. I promise, I will be heavenly to each of you.  0:) I hope that my stay here will be more than a few days because I know a lot of forums where people sign up, but aren't serious. I am fairly serious about being here. Be kind, but I'm not a VHS tape, so you don't have to rewind me. Just try not to break my fragile, DVD surface.
Some call me the cutest, blue, samurai furball. I call myself Azul. I serve and protect, but I'm not a cop. I write my own music, but I cannot sing it. I like running, but I'm not fast. I'm not overweight, but I'm not the hottest fox/wolf around. I do my own thing, but I conform sometimes. I respect the government, but I stick it to the man too. I'm a good boy, but I can be bad too. I have a choice, but I'm set on a path. Those last words were for you and me.

Offline Sparky15756

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • A Wolf Amongst 'Roos
    • Fur Affinity
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf and Lucario, no hybrid
  • Coloring: Wolf: Red 'n' Pink - Lucario: Red 'n' White (instead of Blue & Black)
  • Height: 5'' 7
  • Weight: 116lbs
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Pondering the future demise
Re: Another newbie, an author this time!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 11:24:34 AM »
I see the Freddie Mercury Avatar and I read through and I didn't see a reference to Queen

Now as the OFFICIAL Queen member of this forum, I'm kinda upset, but alas, The Show Must Go On =D

Welcome to the forum ^^
With 955 characters for a signature, I can try make something funny or interesting but no, I'm just gonna sit here and type instead of going to work because breaking the fourth wall is more humour than trying to figure out how I'll get access to my other laptop; picking up my charger that I left at a friends house, around 40 miles away...

Good going Sparky, you did well. On the plus side, it's given you a chance to accidentally revisit some old stomping grounds and see what madness you can create during this seemingly temporarily return.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 12:55:07 PM »
from one author to another, i welcome you. Though if you've only been seriously writing for a few days, i would call yourself an author just yet. Let the magnitude of the task seep into your brain first. If you've written normally on other stuff for a while though, then cool! Hope you havent gone mental yet. :P

welcome! and have fun more than anything else. This is a refuge of relaxation.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 05:10:12 PM »
Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your stay. :D

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

• Vibrating Furby
  • I finally have a pic!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 10:57:54 PM »
I have been doing a lot of writing today and brain fatigue had taken it's toll. My avatar will change when I get a suitable one. Queen was my first favorite band, that's why I chose that avi. Anyway, it feels good to be warmly welcomed by each of you. Like I said, I'm not new to forums in general, so I now how to act. I have read the rules and I agree with all of them.
Some call me the cutest, blue, samurai furball. I call myself Azul. I serve and protect, but I'm not a cop. I write my own music, but I cannot sing it. I like running, but I'm not fast. I'm not overweight, but I'm not the hottest fox/wolf around. I do my own thing, but I conform sometimes. I respect the government, but I stick it to the man too. I'm a good boy, but I can be bad too. I have a choice, but I'm set on a path. Those last words were for you and me.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 11:08:04 PM »
Personally, I dont think you should do a lot of writing in one day. You burn yourself out. I do a little bit of many projects throughout the day.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

• Vibrating Furby
  • I finally have a pic!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 11:21:42 PM »
I write some, then I watch T.V., the I go back to writing, then more T.V. I got burnt out on my video games and I am planning a move to Dallas, TX sometime next month. I also mess with my piano some, but not much unless I had a breakthrough in learning a new song. I also think about the next part of the plot of my story when I am not doing anything else.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 11:55:28 PM »
That still probably is a bit too much writing, but then who am I to judge. Some writers do 15 minutes a day, some do 5 hours, some finish a novel in 3 days (seriously!)

• Vibrating Furby
  • I finally have a pic!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 12:16:21 AM »
I couldn't do a novel in three days. I could read a fairly thick one in less than a day, but this story should take most of the remaining year, if I am going to write it regularly.

Offline ★Kuro★

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-dog
  • Height: 5'#0392"quot
  • Weight: 105lbs.
  • Currently: ;w;
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 05:12:02 AM »
Welcome to FF, friend!  :3

• Vibrating Furby
  • I finally have a pic!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 11:17:34 PM »
Thanks, guys. At first, since I was very new to the fandom, I was unsure. Now, I have become a lot more comfortable. I feel great. I even saw the Raver's Fantasy video on Youtube. Great.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 11:28:33 PM »
you have become subsumed into our world.... welcome brother. 0:)

Offline LastoBethLammen

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cougar.
  • Coloring: White with brown hair.
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Build: Tall and a little chubby (in a cute way).
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 01:31:17 AM »
Welcome! I'm a newbie too.

I haven't done too much writing recently but I do write, and pretty good, at that. (Although my stepmom sees the need to be exuberant about all my work and ends up making me want to puke at the end of the day.) I look forward to reading your masterpiece whenever it graces the shelves of bookstores world-wide.

• Vibrating Furby
  • I finally have a pic!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 03:35:22 AM »
Yes, I just feel right at home right now. To complete the online transformation, I need to get my SL working properly!