The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Taboo with the love of music  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Zinc

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'll walk this path ahead treaded by the forgotten
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Snow white fur, tainted to ivory at ends
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 154lbs
  • Build: athletic with supernaturaI agilty.
Re: Taboo with the love of music
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 10:04:15 PM »
 ??? Songs with emotional lyrics ehh... :) Yeah I listen to songs like those! Songs like Viva La Vida by Coldplay, and Got To Be Somebody by Nickleback.  :th_Pyong-1: I love those songs!!!

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 11:27:23 PM »
 ??? Songs with emotional lyrics ehh... :) Yeah I listen to songs like those! Songs like Viva La Vida by Coldplay, and Got To Be Somebody by Nickleback.  :th_Pyong-1: I love those songs!!!

neither of those songs really identify as emo though... i cant explain it, but coldplay is just alternative, and nickelback is alternative rock.. though the term has been dropped one or two times, nickelback is by no means "emo".

i recommend you to look up emo on wikipedia, that'll give a better explanation than i can do :P

Offline Zinc

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 01:08:27 AM »
 grr ... okay that was confusing. The artical was under some extreme revamping but l'm sure of one thing, I never listen to any of that!!!

Offline Kadejtaal

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 04:43:43 AM »
neither of those songs really identify as emo though... i cant explain it, but coldplay is just alternative, and nickelback is alternative rock.. though the term has been dropped one or two times, nickelback is by no means "emo".

i recommend you to look up emo on wikipedia, that'll give a better explanation than i can do :P

Quite, Wiki explains alot of things, it's a good shot if you really want to see a really good description of Emo (If it the article is written properly). I know it used to be just a music type, then it became a style followed by it's pejorative evolution. People often point out unusual artists with 'unique' clothing styles as Emos, Panic! at the Disco is a great example, but I don't think they are.

I listen to Electro/nica, Rave and House, all pretty similar. I mostly listen to Crystal Castles, Ratatat and Justice, tough Ratatat is just qualified differently by alot of people, I consider it in one of those styles. Electro varies alot between artists, but the sounds they use is what qualify them into those groups. When my siblings hear some of my music, they tell me to turn the volume down or use my headphones (Tough they lower the sound's quality). My brother and his girlfriend just hate it when I listen to it, may it be for five seconds. I don't know if it's the music that makes them unlovable, but they really don't appreciate it.

Offline Umber

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Sciurus niger aka Fox Squirrel
  • Coloring: cream belly, grey overall, dark chocolate/black markings
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 140lbs/changes
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 03:35:43 PM »
Aiden, AFI, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Dashboard Confessional, Evans Blue, Hawthorne Heights, Death Cab for Cutie and Senses Fail can all be considered Emo in certain terms. Basically if most of the songs are either angry at life and/or depressing at the same time can be considered Emo, but only if they primarily sing along those lines. Nickleback have sad songs, but they are more like 'life sucks but we keep going.' Hawthorne Heights is a really good example of Emo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezA5__H8ksA  most of their songs are very angsty.

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 05:20:53 PM »
Aiden, AFI, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Dashboard Confessional, Evans Blue, Hawthorne Heights, Death Cab for Cutie and Senses Fail can all be considered Emo in certain terms. Basically if most of the songs are either angry at life and/or depressing at the same time can be considered Emo, but only if they primarily sing along those lines. Nickleback have sad songs, but they are more like 'life sucks but we keep going.' Hawthorne Heights is a really good example of Emo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezA5__H8ksA  most of their songs are very angsty.

that's pretty much a perfect description

Offline Zinc

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »
Only if I had a computer instead of using this PSP, I might have understood half of what you'll just said. :'(

Offline kayle

• Eager Elephant
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
    • Awards
  • Species: Lavender folf
  • Coloring: lavender folf with white stripe down back
  • Height: 6 ft.
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: medium
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 02:50:29 PM »
My parents absolutely loathe the music that I listen to.  So, I bought a CD case with a lock on it.  HAH!  Of course, now they go through all the stuff I have on my computer and freak out about that.  Seriously, what's wrong with Amon Amarth, Metallica, Disturbed, My Chemical Romance and such?  Music Nazis... ???
Mother
Tell your children not to walk my way
Mother
Tell your children not to hear my words
What they mean, what they say....
-"Mother" by Danzig

90% of teens today would have a breakdown if Facebook were to crash.  If you are in the 10% that would be laughing, copy this and paste it to your sig.