The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I Need help too :(  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Kit Angel

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I will be the Guardian Angel to the people i love
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox Demon Aka Kitsune
  • Coloring: Depends upon mood ^w^
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Lean, with a little muscle
Re: I Need help too :(
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »
Yeah i know exactly what you went through but iwas coming out of the closet fully ^w^ (I'm gay heh ^w^) and lets say i'm just lucky i got a pretty understanding family ^w^ who is very accepting too
Sometimes even love can hurt, but don't let things get you down, just take them one step at a time in the road that is paved before you because everyone has their speed bumps in life

Offline FurFlyer

• Eager Elephant
  • This concept of normality confuzzles one.
    • Awards
  • Species: Ferret
  • Coloring: Darker Brown body and back with Light Brown belly and under Tail..
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 147
  • Build: Muscular yet Slim built
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 05:02:20 PM »
Yeah thats good then, But im not saying my family would hate me for it, they are an understanding bunch.. I.. A) think they would get the wrong idea about what it is, B) mention it too often for comfort or when i dont want them too, and C) do what every other person does when i've told them I was bi and constantly talk happy and patronisingly at me.. which i HATE.. people who just used to talk normal before will be like this now..

Hello :)

How you doing? :)

What you been up to? :)

instead of hi, you ok? etc. sounds a bit trivial but it annoys me because people change their view of you.
My website..
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3606/3355299668_5ecaa7faaf_o.png

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3660/3323787844_f0b526906a_o.gif

When I was younger I used to pray for a bike, Then I realized god didn't work like that, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness..

Offline Kit Angel

• Optimistic Owl
  • I will be the Guardian Angel to the people i love
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox Demon Aka Kitsune
  • Coloring: Depends upon mood ^w^
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Lean, with a little muscle
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 07:44:59 PM »
funny thing is all my friends just acted the same well a couple of them did but most of my friends are girls and well major Yaoi freaks (Can't complain because i'm one myself ^w^
Sometimes even love can hurt, but don't let things get you down, just take them one step at a time in the road that is paved before you because everyone has their speed bumps in life

Offline Renaud Magicpaw

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • Watch my paws, and they will do things unheard of
    • Awards
  • Species: Lombolf
  • Height: 5' 10" "
  • Build: tubby
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 07:48:27 PM »
Ditto Kitto, but personally my parents know, as do my friends and they don't care, in fact one of my friends joined the fandom because of it.  Also the reason my parents don't care is because they know they can't make me change, try as they might, I'm just to spirited for them to control.

Flyer if they really are your friends and not just some mooks they will accept you for being a furry, and won't start being total jerks to you for it, you are who you are and that is that, now I wouldn't go about yelling that your a furry, you'll get beat up, but I wouldn't try to hide it from every one you know either.
Read the left column then the right column

Times change, and promises are broken        |   Life is short
Life goes on and yet it stops                        |   Yet the soul is eternal
I have much to give so have this token         |   Your words a port
And get some chocolate from the shops        |   For feelings, internal

Life is short so do not wait                          |   Go seek the love
Take love by the horns                               |   Who's soul is yours
Loyalty is a wonderful trait                           |   They are your dove
But be wary of a rose's thorns                     |   Who's love is lores

Things that live                               |   Join now in the search
Must always die                               |   And find your love
Yet do not dive                              |   They'll be your perch
Into this lie                                     |   As you are their dove

Offline FurFlyer

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 08:11:02 PM »
Yeah.. and you can pretty much call my friends mooks then. If i they knew they would be fine one their own or in small groups but when everyones together everyone just seems to shout abuse at everyone for anything to try impress everyone else.. it does my head in, and i dont want to fuel the fire, a so to speak.. thanks for the advice.
My website..

When I was younger I used to pray for a bike, Then I realized god didn't work like that, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness..

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 08:25:44 AM »
In the case with friends, it takes willpower and a bit of manipulation of the conversation.

You'll be a LOT better off letting them know. But let them know in the best way to make the most of it. Personal suggestions from me, which by no means you have to follow, are as follows.

1. Go to your most understanding or your best friend, take a coversation and push it where you need to.
2. Start off with casual talk and as you do, plan what you will say about being a Furry, and how you believe your friend would react.
2a. If they know what a Furry is and behave in a good manner, you should thank them for understanding or just let it drop.
3b. If not, and you are able to explain to them and they understand or agree to look it up and then understand, thats an excellent outcome as well.
3c. If they hate or disrespect the Furry part of you (or any part of you for that matter), don't think about it too long, kick into willpower and tell yourself: They're not my friend if they don't UNDERSTAND me or RESPECT me. For me, that only came to 2 of my "friends" and one of them eventually warmed back up to me. The other is now berated by my friends and those who also have been told off for being Geeks and Nerds. I pity him.

So, this is how I approached it, how I told two RL friends to approach it, and how I've been posting to approach it. If this doesn't help you, then I'm sorry. But if you think it will, you need to break past the wall of doubt and DO it! It took poetry and music with powerful meanings to bring my willpower up enough, so try that if your shy. Bloom 06 is a very good band for that purpose in my opinion, and all sorts of poems and stories abound.

On a personal note, my best friend David didn't know the meaning of Furry as we use it. But he said: Oh, if thats what a Furry is, then I'm a Furry. So what, there's a group of people out there for this kind of stuff? (I said: I figured thats why you always use Wolf on SSBB...)

Anyway, between me and my fellow Furs posting, we hope we have helped you understand what to do. Don't let it dwell!

Oh yeah, and my Fursona says, as always: May you be shielded from Trolls and may your doings be bane to Flamers; Glory and pride to you.

Offline FurFlyer

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »
Thanks for the advice.. I agree with you, but in the UK its not as easy because the only people who know who furrys are are furs themeselves, (no AC etc.), so it would definitely arouse a lot of controversy. I was thinking it may be best for me to just show that I am one and not sit them down and talk about it because then im acting like im not bothered by it? Change my MSN pic to something anthro then wait for them to ask me and pretend i thought they knew etc. Then they get a sort of message that I don't really care too much and they will be less tempted to tell everyone than if i say Im a furry, we do this, keep it a secret.

My website..