The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Battle for the lands  (Read 10821 times)

Offline OkoriTenko

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune - Tenku (Hybred - Tri-Breed - Long History)
  • Coloring: Ashen colors, wiith White and Black
  • Height: 6' Even
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lean, corded musculature. Built for speed, and agility, but has built strength over time.
Re: Battle for the lands
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2007, 08:18:16 PM »
He had been traveling in this world for a little while now. He was a planes-traveler, amung other things. He, himself was from a distant place, where the majicks were stronger. This place though, slumbered. The majicks were weakned. The place was full of humans that seemed to only want for the majicks to end. After having fought with another mage seeking power from him, and utterly destroying the mage, he at least gave the mage a proper burial before moving on. This was only his own first encounter. Just a weaker Battle Mage. Perhapse one that didn't quite know what he'd gotten himself into, and would not give up.

Night had encased the area, and he was moving quickly through the forrest. He finnally realised that the lands were not as quiet as one had formerly assumed, they were attuning themselves to the growing murk of shadows. Perhapse the land was not as quiet as he once thought, as he reached out with his senses, picking up points of light that he knew were living beings, some bright, some shadowy. He stopped. He heard something... He listened some more, then heard the sounds of battle going on. He moved closer just to observe at first. He hissed as he felt the cold draft of ice majicks. He moved closer through the woods, noting the blizzard in a confined area. The darkness tried to creep in on him, but he resisted. He looked through the trees, noting the fighting and the deaths of the battle mages. Then he saw what he'd not seen here otherwise... It was a kitsune. He shook his head. Could it have possibly been? Could this world also contain other kitsune?

From the time he'd stepped through the mists of this world to the pressent, he thought his kind could not have exsisted. He made a quick count... nine. It was an Elder! Then he looked at the others there. Three dead. Each looked like some kind of mage, and were high powered for certain. Still, something destroyed them. He'd have to be carefull. Some kind of feline, and now a Dragoness... He could feel the dark waves comming from her. Was that the source of the Darkness? He narrowed his eyes. His own spirit had been long in slumber between worlds, but he was not so weak. He felt the power of the dark being, and truley, it was immense. Still, he'd not be daunted here. Not after fighting so many other things that should have killed him. And to attack an Elder. Such sacralige!

He dropped his satchel. His paws held out to the sides. His own tails flayed wide as he stoked the heat in his soul. Sparks, then flames strted to errupt from somewhere in the depths of his fur that covered his tails, and soon consummed him. He didn't need his armor right now. There was more ways than one to beat dark beings, but for this, he needed heat and light. His paws then speeded in a large circle about the encampment, setting the trees on fire as he moved. Within a few seconds, he'd made his way around as the kitsune and the dragon fought.

He started whispering the Old Kanji's. the sounds seeming to speak to the flames. He was the Lord of the Tenku, and these flames would obey him here as well. Soon the forrest blazed at his commands, centralling in twards that fight. They would see that the ice melted and the ice storm wavered and quailed at the on-slaught of a furious kitsune. He cast a fireball, exploding one of the trees and blowing two of them appart. He knew that they were too busy fighting each other to notice him from the start. However, a dramatic entrance never hurt, and would also put the fear into anything that neared the sight of this kitsune'. He padded through the fire, smouldering in flames as he neared the fray. His tails flickered in annoyance with the dark creature. Hopefully, it was just enough of a distraction to them both so that he got a good sense of them both. He then sensed that the Dark creature felt like apuppet on a string. Made to dance. He heard her spirit cry out from the inner planes she was in. His paw was cast evenly infront of him, using an old technique from the Anoshatari (Sound kitsune) to amplify his motions and the effects, making him seem far more powerfull than he let on, but could not be told otherwise by anything else outside of him.

His paw let out a rather loud sound like something strong had arrived. His voice whispered to the winds, letting it be carried to the Dragonesses ears. He knew that the sound of sacred words would be more than too much for a dark demon to handle.

~Ahhnsho kani-no-morokai... Senso hket nan jihoshiro no khan. Ken so fokoma ho shutah... Nenso nanji no bushat...~ His chant kept going over and over as he spoke the ancient words. His tails absorbed more and more heat as even the ice below him melted. The scared words would be like a sledge hammer to the dark things ears. He knew what was comming. And still, the words would somehow soothe innocent souls, even if the were foriegn to the words and seemed haunting. He never let up until the Dragon was put down, and the beast that was connected inside her was forced back into it's realm. Maybe he couldn't close the door for her, but he could force the intruder back through the doorway and hold him at bay as a warning. When he sensed that this was close to done, or at least as close as would be allowed, he stopped his chanting.

The spell and chanting was ended, and now he would have to explain. He raised his paws, then lowered them. The fire of the forest was suddenly dampened to a smouldering ash around them in what was obviously a large circle. He then bowed low to the ktisune elder, splaying his own six tails, haloing them forward, showing that where he came from, he was also considered an elder. Then he lowered his tails, sloshing them through the dust and ice behind him while kneeling, showing his submission to one of higher rank than he was. "Ohio, Gusaimas." he waited for the elder kitsune to acknowledge him before he spoke, staying as still as he possibly could to keep from seeming a threat...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 08:27:40 PM by OkoriTenko »

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2007, 08:09:10 PM »
*~The dark thing began to loosen it's grip on Nyx's mind... Her body seemed increasingly closer, yet weaker than before. She felt Control returning as if something had given up and left. When the dragoness finally came through to her original self, the only words able to escape her lips before collapsing was an apology directed to the friends who had carried her so far.~*

Offline Zero3384

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • http://avatars.imvu.com/Zero3384
    • Awards
  • Species: 9-tailed Kitsune/Celestrial of the species
  • Coloring: Silver with black markings on ears and legs, white tips on tails
  • Height: depends on form
  • Weight: depends on form
  • Build: muscular and slim/ built for power and agility
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2007, 09:10:52 AM »
(I APOLOGIZE GREATLY TO YOU ALL! *lowers his gaze* I am so sorry for the wait...I almost forgot about this...please forgive me?)

*Zero recognized the ancient words of the spell the younger kitsune had spoken*

Zero: A sealing spell...a minor one but a sealing spell nonetheless....you were right to come when you did younge one, if you hadn't shown up when you did, I shudder to think of the repercussions...but how are you here? I haven't seen another kitsune in this area for nearly 1500 years...

*Zero sat near the black dragoness placing a paw upon her snout and began chanting his own spell up to strengthen the younger one's*

Zero: It will keep....for now....but it was an evil that I had not felt in the time I've been alive and it wielded aniceint and powerful magics, such the like that I fear to see again...forbidden magics should never be used my friends....powerful they may be, but the result is always suffering and sorrow....nonetheless, I would fear that we may have attracted some unwelcome attention...younge kitsune, please step forward....I would ask you to return to your home for the humans here have developed ways of capturing creatures such as ourselves, but....I can not ask that of you, we need all the assistance we can get, my black dragoness friend here is cursed and we are both hunted...I would ask that you join us

*Zero sat still, his gaze fixed upon the 6 tailed kitsune as he gauged the power of the sealing spells*

Zero: [Inari...please make them hold] So....will you join us?