Author Topic: New Style?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
New Style?
« on: May 18, 2008, 10:16:34 AM »
I've recently started to draw in a new art style and I'm wondering whether I should continue to draw like this...
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/flameshedgehog/NewStylePractice.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/flameshedgehog/EnergyAttack.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/flameshedgehog/RagingAura.jpg
I'm sorry to say that i still don't have a scanner, so I'm stuck using my lowish-quality camera...  :th_PyongLlora:
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: New Style?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 11:33:16 AM »
That's really your choice. What are you more comfortable with? That's the big thing. If you aren't comfortable with that style, you're more than likely to screw up a picture or get bored with it.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 12:56:48 PM »
That's really your choice. What are you more comfortable with? That's the big thing. If you aren't comfortable with that style, you're more than likely to screw up a picture or get bored with it.
I'm okay with all the styles I use, I just don't know which one is better artistically...
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »
Nothing wrong with any of them, they all still have your own artistic tint to them. Maybe you should think more about using a specific one on a specific picture then overall. For example, if its a fight scene use the one where he is gonna throw the energy ball. (Hadukin :P)

ephemral

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 07:16:34 PM »
Go ahead start using it...and what ever else.
Don't limit yourself too much. If you want, try sketching a work out in different styles.
This is a good way to gage or practice your basic art skills.