The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm an idiot  (Read 1386 times)

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
I'm an idiot
« on: March 30, 2008, 09:06:48 PM »
I'm a complete idiot.

I signed up for Second Life, and completely forgot my last name.

It's somthing like Hammond or Hamsond.

Is there a way I can recover this without resigning up?
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: I'm an idiot
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 11:38:09 PM »
Did you 'tie' that account to an email? If so, check that email account. And if you haven't changed the IM offline settings, you can let an SL member on here know your first name, they can do a search to see which one it could be and send you an IM if you're missing the verification email.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
    • My blog.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:36:14 AM »
..................what? I'm not getting what you're saying.

I also have never gotten a verification email.  It's been about four hours and I still haven't gotten one.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:37:59 AM by Jesse »
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 04:46:23 PM »
There might be a possibility that you are on the "Teen" section of Second Life, which means those of us who are 18 and older who use SL cannot contact you. But if there is another SL user, under the age of 18, out there, you might want to ask them to search your name(s) so that they can find you.

ephemral

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 05:18:43 PM »
Hope this helps.

How do I login if I forgot my Second Life name?

If you provided us with accurate account info when you signed up, you can contact Support and give your "real-life" name and other details. Then, we can check who you are, and remind you what your Resident name is, so you can login again.

I forgot my password. What should I do?

If you've forgotten your password, you may retrieve it at this link. This sends an email to the address listed on your Second Life account, with a link you can use for password retrieval. At this page, you'll need to answer the security question you chose when creating your Second Life account.

The password retrieval email hasn't arrived. What do I do?

If you're using a Hotmail, MSN, Yahoo, AOL, or any other webmail account, check your Spam or Junk folders. Webmail typically confuses our password email as spam. You may have to log on to your webmail provider's website and add [email protected] to your address book to allow our messages to arrive.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • My blog.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 07:24:18 PM »
Welp, that email is not in use anymore.

"Thank you for contacting Linden Lab, the makers of Second Life. Our support system has changed and we have discontinued the use of this email address. To find information on your issue and to contact support, please visit http://secondlife.com/support .

Please note, information sent to this email address will not be read or responded to."

The main problem is that I haven't received the verification email yet which is kinda ticking me off since it's been 24 hours since I joined.

EDIT: I'm just ganna sign up again.

My name is Jesse Furkel
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 07:35:25 PM by Jesse »
MySpace