Author Topic: A Furry world of nature...  (Read 20772 times)

Offline Sen

• Forest Guardian
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Squishydoll by Rigor, animated by FurryLAE
    • My IMVU homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis Lupis Arctos (Arctic Wolf/ White Wolf/ Polar Wolf)
  • Coloring: I'm all white, but the color of my wings depends on my mood... the color of my eyes changes with my wings, too. The eyes are usually blue, though.
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Build: Lean and athletic, but not to the extreme body-builder type.
A Furry world of nature...
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:25:26 PM »
In this universe, there's a lake, surrounded by forest, other dens, animals, etc.  Your den can be wherever you'd like, but the cavern at the bottom of the lake is already mine.  Take your pick.  Enjoy!

Sen sat up in his crystal bed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, the dim glow of the crystals jammed in the walls of the vast cavern, slowly getting brighter, allowing his eyes to adjust.  Standing up slowly, he then leaned backwards, feeling a few comforting pops and cracks, stretching his back, then spread his wings, stretching them as well.
"AAAaaaahhh...  That's better..."  he said, sighing, one of his favorite songs stuck in his head (Nemo, by Nightwish).

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Re: A Furry world of nature...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:58:18 PM »
Sam woke with a start, a snarl stuck in her throat. The footstpes from her nightmare faded into silence. She sighed and sat up; looking around the dark den for something. Her footfalls echoed softly back at her as she walked on her hind legs ot the mouth of the den, wathcing the sun rise.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 11:47:09 PM »
Tezztor stood there silent at the edge of the lake. He breathed in the air around him taking in the various scents off the wind. Around the lake he noticed several cavern entrances as well as some deer on the far end drinking water. He waded a bit into the water till he was knee deep, his tail swishing the water contently behind him. "The water iss pure here. Let them wash away my deedss and prepare me for those ahead." He took a ragged patch of fur from his pack and wiped his claws clean then left the water. When uppon a dry patch of land he began to clear it away and build a makeshift shelter. "Thiss place will do nicely. Water abound and the sscent of many quary about." He snifs the air again. "Hmm maybe more then quary here, I'll have to be careful."

Offline Sen

• Forest Guardian
  • Handsome Horse
    • My IMVU homepage
    • Awards
  • Coloring: I'm all white, but the color of my wings depends on my mood... the color of my eyes changes with my wings, too. The eyes are usually blue, though.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:43:02 AM »
Sen walked deeper into his underwater cavern, the light crystals in the walls matching the brightness outside, simulating the sun surprisingly well.  On his left, his Kendo training area.  On his right, rows and rows of crystal bookshelves, loaded with arcane tomes.  His special tome not among the shelves, but hidden elsewhere.  Sen slowly walked over to his Kendo area, lifting his katana from the stand, and strapping it on his back, positioning it between his wings as he always has.  He slowly walked over to the entrance of his den - a seemingly shallow puddle of water about 10 feet in diameter.

Sen took a deep breath, letting it out slowly.  He then took another breath really quickly, diving straight down into the "puddle", banking forward right before hitting the bottom, swimming and navigating through the maze-like entrance, finally making it to the small pocket of air at the bottom of the lake, breathing quickly at first, the pressure hurting his ears.  He popped his ears, shaking his head and letting the pressure regulate.  Breathing slowly now, he took a deep breath, swimming down to the bottom of the lake, smiling, pushing off the bottom hard, shooting upwards to the surface.  He spread his wings wide, using them to help push the water down, his wings glowing brighter as they worked harder, a beacon of light firing upwards from the dark depths of the lake.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »
She had her face turned to the sun when somethnig shot out of the lake below. Her green-gold eyes narrowed, she looked around the mouth then crouched. Springing foreward, Sam leaped off the lip her den was sitting on and landed two down. Her black tail flicked, catching her. Her ears flattened to her skull as she prepared to leap again.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 12:46:28 PM »
Tezztor scratches the bark of a nearby tree and rubs the underside of his muzzle against it, marking the spot as his territory. He hears a rustle off in the distance and quickly turns to see it but finds nothing. His neon green eyes squint, examining every detail. He stretches out his fingers ande clutches them, preparing for any ambushes. Sniffing the air he picks up a unmistakeable scent. He crouches and lurks torward a leafy patch and lies in wait. "Dinner has come to me perhapss"

Offline Sen

• Forest Guardian
  • Handsome Horse
    • My IMVU homepage
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 02:56:56 PM »
Flying up straight into the sky from his home in the bottom of the lake, the water that had soaked into his fur dripping out back into the lake, the wind cooling him down quickly, waking him up from the warmth of his soft bed and the swim in the warm lake water.  Sen landed on the far edge of the lake, a small head-wind making him have to fly a little bit harder to reach there.  The deer was drinking water from the lake not even 30 feet away, but payed no mind to him.  Sen wouldn't hurt anything that had no intention of harming him.

He shook himself dry, folding his wings to his back, and took a deep smell of the air around him.  Quite pointless in doing so, being upwind, though.

Sen sighed, looking down a bit.  "It's the same thing every day...  Wake up, swim, run, fly, eat, explore...  It's pointless in exploring anymore...  I already know everything about this forest...  Being here for so long with only an occasional fur to talk to is good, but I'd like someone rather than the fur who just wants answers or to be healed..."  Walking slowly over to the edge of the rock slab overhanging the lake, he sits down, crossing his legs and closing his eyes, letting his awareness flood around him.  Meditation is always a good way of putting the mind at ease...

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 08:01:45 PM »
Her eyes noticed something above her and she climbed down, running up the trail as she caught the unmistakable senct of another wolf. She relaxed a little then pounced on it. (Sen) "HI!" She yelped, wheezing a little. Her tail swished lazily and her ears perked.

This was her first exploration of the forest and the other places around her den. Sam looked past him to the trees and barked, smelling food.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 10:02:00 PM »
Tezztor stood motionless in the brush, carefully examining 2 creatures which he had never seen before. Both of them able to fly which made him weary. Fliers have always been a bane to his people and he has learned not to take them lightly. He motioned closer to a tree to give himself some protection. The one leaped upon the other and he was sure it was an attack but he remained still. To his suprise the creatures intent did not seem ill. "What kind of place have I gotten myself into" he thought to himself.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 11:58:30 PM »
Her fur bristled and she jumped off, walking closer to the brush and sniffing the air. "Who's there?" She snarled, leaping into the woods with clumsy grace. "Come out, come out, where ever you are."
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Sen

• Forest Guardian
  • Handsome Horse
    • My IMVU homepage
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 12:54:00 AM »
 "Sam, relax.  Whoever is there might not be hostile."  Sen said, following her through the bushes.  "Who's there?"

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 01:48:10 AM »
Tezztor caustiously steps from the bushes still weary of the creatures before him. "Only I stand here. I assk you keep your distance." He examines the creature before him. It is unlike anything he has encountered in his travels before. "My name iss Tezztor, a raptor of the Ne'taku tribe. I will defend myself if attacked" He says cooly completely unconvinced that there is any hostile intent, but still ready in case. He sniffs the air and only the two remain upwind and there is no sign of a scent trail. "I appologize if I had wandered into any territoriess but there was no indication."

Offline Sen

• Forest Guardian
  • Handsome Horse
    • My IMVU homepage
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 08:20:27 PM »
"It's fine, Tezztor.  My name is Sen, and my friend here is Sam.  It's not often I see an anthro like yourself.  I don't believe I've heard of the Ne'taku tribe.  Around where are you from?"  Sen asked, walking a few steps closer, wings folded tightly to his back.  "As for the territory, there isn't really an indication of any kind.  There are so few anthro's in the forest that 'territory' doesn't really count for anything.  The only thing that a fur can call their own is their den.  So, welcome to the forest."  Sen smiled, offering his paw in friendship.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 09:24:41 PM »
Sam glanced at Tezztor and growled softly. "You are welcome here as long as you wish. Although there are two things I hope you will rmember for future use: the cave at the middle of the rock face on the other side of this forest is mine, and the cave at the bottom of the lake is his. I disapprove of anything near mine uninvited so if yuo want to check it out, find me. I'm unsure about his."
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Sen

• Forest Guardian
  • Handsome Horse
    • My IMVU homepage
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 09:33:11 PM »
"Sam, relax.  It's not like he's going to try and destroy the forest..."  Sen said to Sam, his ears folded back.  "You're welcome to come take a look in my den if you'd like.  It's not that far, but being able to hold your breath might be needed..."