Author Topic: Sent here from Tumblr  (Read 1036 times)

Offline sharono98

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
    • Awards
Sent here from Tumblr
« on: December 04, 2019, 08:56:15 PM »
Hi Everyone!

How are you all?

I have a blog on tumblr following my family's story and got an ask suggesting I post here and on reddit. I hope I'm not breaking forum rules. If I am, I sincerely apologize.

My Mother, Angela, suffers from illnesses such as diverticulitis, diabetes and arthritis. She is retiring soon to a council house she has looked after for the past 40 years.

The house has issues from, maggots, mold to crumbling walls and the ceilings cracking and falling down. As you can imagine, this has led to many health issues for my family but most importantly my mother. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough to buy our home and with my grandmother, now in the early stages dementia, it means my Mother will soon have to give up work and look after her fully.

The council will not allow my grandmother to move in with us as she is an old age pensioner and the house would need work to accommodate her needs. A Councillor, off the cuff, remarked the council would look at the fact she would not be able to contribute much towards rent and they wouldn’t waste the money on adapting the house on the possibility of her longevity.

When they find out that she has this illness, they may possibly kick her out of her own home and we will have no choice but to put her into a home which is the furthest thing that we want to do. We love her and want to care for her as she done for us.

My Mother is the most amazing and has the kindest soul of anyone you will ever meet and I am blessed to have her. She went to work right after my dad passed so that she could give myself and my brother the best life she could. She went to college at night trying to educate herself to get a good job for us. She’s worked long nights and traveled through desperate weather conditions to get to work, all to put a hot meal on the table for my brother and me.

She also works as a carer in a nursing home because she wanted a job that allowed her to give back. It’s a very tough job on her and she has sat by the bedside of many people comforting them as they passed away but it is a job she loves and is perfect for her as she has a heart of gold.

I have done an interview with a local newspaper  and radio station but unfortunately have not got much support.

The council won’t sell us our home because our income isn’t sufficient. My Mother has been trying to fix all the repairs over the years and has spent everything she has on them. She now has nothing for her retirement. Not even the house she worked so hard for.

We need to fix it up and adapt it so can care for my grandmother here but I desperately need help.

I have set up a fundraiser to buy the house and pay for all the repairs and make it accessible so that my Mother can move in my grandmother and care for her as she deteriorates further, found here:

https://gofundme.com/f/help-my-mother-get-her-home

Tumblr blog where I post pictures of the issues: https://angelashome.tumblr.com/

If you can please donate or help promote our story.

Thank you for reading,

Sharon