The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What have you disregarded?  (Read 991 times)

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
What have you disregarded?
« on: September 19, 2019, 07:00:48 PM »
I was thinking about this when I was driving home from work today. What is something you were taught to do a certain way but decided to disregard when you got the chance?

For me, when I was taking my driver's license, I was taught to adjust the steering wheel to a certain distance from my chest. As soon as I stepped out of the car after being told I passed, I tossed that idea out of my brain and now I can drive without feeling like I'm mashing the steering wheel against my manboobs   X3

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
Re: What have you disregarded?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 09:12:50 PM »
Well... I think the biggest rejection of a lesson was always respect my parents' authority. A few weeks after I turned twenty-five, I began to fear that I would never leave home unless I directly confronted my parents, so I told them that I needed help outside of the family. entirely outside of the family, that they couldn't help me anymore.

They took it like a slap in the face. The thing is, I had never been allowed to disagree. If I had done this as a kid, I would have risked a spanking, depending on their mood. As an adult, I thought, "okay, well, whenever I raise this issue, they get upset. Good manners doesn't matter anymore, they just don't want to think about me leaving, so I'm just going to be direct."

Now, in the four and a half years since, our relationship has grown back stronger, but I do not think I would have even left home if I had stayed the compliant individual they wanted me to be.
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."