The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey, everyone!  (Read 799 times)

Offline Matari

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • hi mum
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Utahraptor
  • Coloring: Mud brown scales, yellow/orange feathers on head, arms and tail
  • Height: 5'3
  • Build: Normal for an average anthro, but scrawny compared to other Utahraptors
  • Currently: Existing
Hey, everyone!
« on: September 15, 2019, 08:49:32 AM »
Hello! I'm Matari, and I've just joined the forums. I'm a girl, but you can call me he/him too- I don't mind.
I'm very new to the fandom, although I haven't been keeping track, I'd say I've been here for a few weeks to a month at most. I've always been showing furry "signs" growing up: always picking the animal character in games, stuff like that. I haven't been lurking the forums for long, only browsing to help decide my fursona and stuff.

Yesterday, I decided to make my fursona a male Utahraptor in his early twenties. His name is Matari, just like my screenname. He's based off of Aboriginal Australians, with lots of white lines and dots on his limbs and all. I even thought up a backstory while I was drawing his design. He's born in a sophisticated tribe, living in a deserted corner of the world. Modern society exists, but they've never made contact with the tribes. Anyway, when children are ten years old, they go on a little quest to decide which profession they'll dedicate their life to. When they finish it, they get tattooed a symbol on their chest depending on what they got; Matari became a Creator, someone who builds and invents. His chest marking represents the head of a raptor, and the claws beside it, which they use to bend the world to their will. Matari's father is a hunter, and takes him on a small hunt to show him how dangerous the world can be when you're alone. Anyway, while his father was distracted, he got killed by an animal, and Matari took a feather of from his dad's head and tied it to string. He always wears it on his tail so his dad will always be watching over him.

I'm not sure if that was too much for introducing myself, since a lot of the posts I've read here are short, but I wanted to tell you about my fursona.
A bit about me, though. I'm Australian, and I'm an introvert and I don't have much friends in real life. I call myself a gamer, but I'm much more casual, I like MMOs and survival RPGs and stuff, but I don't get too invested. I like to draw, my style is very simple, but my (internet) friends say it's cute and exotic, so I guess I'm not that bad. My favourite hobby is to procrastinate!
And some fun facts:
-My favourite colour is purple
-I like robots
-My back hurts
-Crêpes are my favourite food

And here's some art of Matari, hope it loads properly. I used a base from minxydragon27 for him, though. I can't really draw humans or anthros.
Anyways, I'm glad to be a part of the family, and I can't wait to get to know you guys!
I'm new to this whole forum thing. And I like to make a habit of staying up until 3am posting stupid things I'll regret in the morning.

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
Re: Hey, everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 11:28:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum! You have an interesting character that you’ve clearly put a lot of thought into (and my favorite dinosaur as well). I hope you have fun and make friends here. We’re a pretty friendly bunch.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Matari

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • hi mum
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Utahraptor
  • Coloring: Mud brown scales, yellow/orange feathers on head, arms and tail
  • Height: 5'3
  • Build: Normal for an average anthro, but scrawny compared to other Utahraptors
  • Currently: Existing
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 11:43:37 PM »
Thank you! I'm happy to be here. It came to me pretty easily while I was drawing him.
I'm new to this whole forum thing. And I like to make a habit of staying up until 3am posting stupid things I'll regret in the morning.

Offline Noah Fulf

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • A cute little folf.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: folf with wings
  • Coloring: blue-purple fur with red accents
  • Height: 170 cm
  • Weight: 60 kg
  • Build: Dense and fit, agile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 02:32:41 PM »
Oh. My. Gosh.
That was... Very wide...
I Love It!!
Now, there isn't any word limit on this, so you're fine. I believe you met  me already, but I still wanted to say hi.
Ouu! Purple! I like! And robotics... Very nice indeed. I hope you have fun on here! Bye bye now.