The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Most important lesson taught by Bojack Horseman  (Read 3518 times)

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
Most important lesson taught by Bojack Horseman
« on: February 05, 2019, 12:41:07 AM »
Something that's hitting me hard at the moment is that I can't relive the glory days (especially obvious in "Escape from L.A.). I don't just look back, set up a lawn chair and face that direction all day long.

What do you guys think is the most important or relevant subject Bojack has tackled?
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
Re: Most important lesson taught by Bojack Horseman
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 01:21:06 AM »
Aging. Which includes you and your family members. Whether you like it or not you will continue to age, relationship conflict will happen, and sometimes tragedy will strike; Which can include illness in yourself, your friends, and even your family. I think this is relevant and important since we as a society tend to put more emphasis on looking youthful, thinking youthful, staying youthful as we continue to age. No one really wants to accept that they're aging and eventually going to die. But that's how it happens, that's how life works.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 06:25:50 PM »
I'd say it's the subject of childhood trauma and how it stays with you well into your adult life and to your death. And more importantly, that no amount of help, denial or change of lifestyle will ever make your trauma go away, even if it doesn't necessarily affect you every day.
That's not to say nothing helps though, but trauma is one of those things where there is no true solution, only treatment.

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 06:52:34 PM »
That chasing outside validation won't bring lasting happiness.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")