The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A badger shuffles in  (Read 735 times)

Offline Glycanthrope

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Eurasian badger
A badger shuffles in
« on: September 02, 2019, 10:22:21 PM »
Hi everyone,

I guess I can consider myself a newcomer here, even though I made a profile back in 2016, when I first discovered the furry fandom.
Back then, I managed to write ONE measly post, got sidetracked and... well... never really found the time to follow up :)
This time around I hope to get to know you all better.

I'm a furry from Denmark, who writes stories for a hobby. Not all my stories are furry-themed -it all depends on the setting.
I also dabble in poetry, and write musical soundtracks to accompany my stories and poems.

I'm a regular at Eurofurence, and also at two main LARP events in Europe:
"Drachenfest" and "Mythodea" (both in Germany,) where I attend as "Dachs - the minstrel badger."
Both events are heavy on the combat, but my fursuit has a very limited field of view, so I'm hopeless in the battlefield.
Instead, I spend my LARP time telling stories and playing the lute.

I'm looking very much forward to getting to know you all.

"SONA SI VOS AMAS PELLIGELLIBUS"
(Honk! if you love furries)
- Graffiti recently discovered in the ruins of Pomeii, Ca 79 AM

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Re: A badger shuffles in
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 01:58:48 AM »
Drem Yol Lok, joorre. Zu'u Lokahviing, but hereabouts I go by Romulan_Furry. My friends here call me Rom. Welcome to TFF! Plenty of friendly people here!

--Rom
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Noah Fulf

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • A cute little folf.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: folf with wings
  • Coloring: blue-purple fur with red accents
  • Height: 170 cm
  • Weight: 60 kg
  • Build: Dense and fit, agile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 11:51:04 AM »
Hello! Welcome back to this little website. It gets better by day.
And bro, you think it's easy to write posts? It takes me half an hour for one! (Exaduration, but you get the point)

Cool! What kinds of stories? And more importantly, how good are they? Shakespeare or J.K.?
And poetry! We have a couple of poets on here. Me included! How long have you been doing poetry for?

You're one lucky guy then, going to fur cons and having a fursuit. (I plan on doing that)
Eurofurence is posibally my favourite Fur con, but probably 'couse It's close...

And so do I! I hope you have fun on here!

Offline Glycanthrope

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Eurasian badger
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 01:24:19 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

As to your questions, Noah:

> What kinds of stories?

The stories I write often take root in something I see or hear. You know; those little things out of the ordinary that make you go: "hey, that's unusual" or "that's kinda funny." And then they grow into a story. Some times those stories are furry, especially if they deal with "those odd human habits." By having an anthropomorphic narrator, I can a step back to observe humans from a distance.

>And more importantly, how good are they? Shakespeare or J.K.?

Are my stories any good?
I like to think of my stories as "passable for an amateur writer."
 But what's more important to me, is to write something that has not been done to death. If I can come up with something new, my shortcomings as a writer seem less obvious.

I don't write "coming-out" stories, I don't write fan-fiction, and I don't write YIFF.
It's not that I have anything against those genres, but there are many other writers out there, already doing a better job.

Here is an example of a furry short-story I wrote, called "Five Fingers on a Dusty Window".
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/32922887/
(PDF format)

>And poetry! We have a couple of poets on here. Me included! How long have you been doing poetry for?

I do poetry mostly in-between finished stories, to "clear my voice."
When I work on a long story, I often feel claustrophobic about being stuck in that same voice throughout the process.
But in poetry I can play around with voice and puncutation and narrative. I can start a poem midsentence, I can finish it with an "and."
I just love that freedom.

Here's an example of my poetry, called "Freaks of Noture"
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/24440839/
(also PDF)

>You're one lucky guy then, going to fur cons and having a fursuit. (I plan on doing that)

I don't know if I'm particularly lucky. My fursuit is home-made and requires constant repair, because LARPing is hard on the faux fur. I pretty much have to replace everything except the head every two years.

>And so do I! I hope you have fun on here!

"SONA SI VOS AMAS PELLIGELLIBUS"
(Honk! if you love furries)
- Graffiti recently discovered in the ruins of Pomeii, Ca 79 AM