The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: [CLOSED] Request for a Friend  (Read 3298 times)

Offline CarbonSergal

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
[CLOSED] Request for a Friend
« on: August 08, 2019, 02:47:54 AM »
So, a friend of mine was promised a piece of artwork at one point: a pic of Smolder from MLP blowing her nose. However, the artist ended up cancelling it. On Sunday at Bronycon, I saw that an artist (who happens to be a famous YouTuber) was selling commissions. I decided to commission the piece that my friend was promised. However, the artist had disappeared and I had mere minutes before a Pathfinder game started at 1:00. I filled out a commission form and placed my $40 on the table, but I told the people there that I might not be able to come back for it, and that they should just take a pic of the finished product and send it to me over Discord. The artist came back just a few minutes before 1 and I tried to talk to her about what I wanted, and I thought that she understood what I was asking and left the money on the table. The game ended a little after 3:35. According to the schedule it was supposed to end at 3:00. Then, a group of cosplayers announced that they were giving away free stuff. Unfortunately I got nothing. By that time, it was 4:00 and the closing ceremonies were about to begin, and my mom, who happened to be my ride, was texting me asking if I was done at the convention. I glanced at the vendor hall and it looked like I could have gone back, but I decided not to take the chance, still thinking that someone was gonna DM me on Discord with my commission. I still don't have it. That is why I am making this post. I was hoping that someone here would be willing to draw this picture for me to give to my friend.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 12:14:02 PM by CarbonSergal »

Offline John Red Beard

• Local Moderator
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
Re: Request for a Friend
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 04:50:54 AM »
I'm sorry you weren't able to get the drawing. The artist didn't keep your money, did she?

I can't commit to a request at the moment, but I hope that someone helps you out.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline CarbonSergal

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
Re: Request for a Friend
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 11:35:11 AM »
I'm sorry you weren't able to get the drawing. The artist didn't keep your money, did she?

I can't commit to a request at the moment, but I hope that someone helps you out.

She still has the money. I was unable to contact her since she has disabled direct messages, which is understandable since she's a famous YouTuber. She also has rules against @ mentioning her on her Discord server.

Offline CarbonSergal

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
Re: [CLOSED] Request for a Friend
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 12:18:20 PM »
I am closing I am closing this request. I managed to contact the artist, and she sent me the picture.

Offline John Red Beard

• Local Moderator
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
Re: [CLOSED] Request for a Friend
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 02:03:17 PM »
Glad to hear it!
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")