Author Topic: [CLOSED] Request for a Friend  (Read 3389 times)

Offline CarbonSergal

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
[CLOSED] Request for a Friend
« on: August 08, 2019, 02:47:54 AM »
So, a friend of mine was promised a piece of artwork at one point: a pic of Smolder from MLP blowing her nose. However, the artist ended up cancelling it. On Sunday at Bronycon, I saw that an artist (who happens to be a famous YouTuber) was selling commissions. I decided to commission the piece that my friend was promised. However, the artist had disappeared and I had mere minutes before a Pathfinder game started at 1:00. I filled out a commission form and placed my $40 on the table, but I told the people there that I might not be able to come back for it, and that they should just take a pic of the finished product and send it to me over Discord. The artist came back just a few minutes before 1 and I tried to talk to her about what I wanted, and I thought that she understood what I was asking and left the money on the table. The game ended a little after 3:35. According to the schedule it was supposed to end at 3:00. Then, a group of cosplayers announced that they were giving away free stuff. Unfortunately I got nothing. By that time, it was 4:00 and the closing ceremonies were about to begin, and my mom, who happened to be my ride, was texting me asking if I was done at the convention. I glanced at the vendor hall and it looked like I could have gone back, but I decided not to take the chance, still thinking that someone was gonna DM me on Discord with my commission. I still don't have it. That is why I am making this post. I was hoping that someone here would be willing to draw this picture for me to give to my friend.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 12:14:02 PM by CarbonSergal »

Offline John Red Beard

• Local Moderator
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
Re: Request for a Friend
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 04:50:54 AM »
I'm sorry you weren't able to get the drawing. The artist didn't keep your money, did she?

I can't commit to a request at the moment, but I hope that someone helps you out.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline CarbonSergal

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
Re: Request for a Friend
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 11:35:11 AM »
I'm sorry you weren't able to get the drawing. The artist didn't keep your money, did she?

I can't commit to a request at the moment, but I hope that someone helps you out.

She still has the money. I was unable to contact her since she has disabled direct messages, which is understandable since she's a famous YouTuber. She also has rules against @ mentioning her on her Discord server.

Offline CarbonSergal

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
Re: [CLOSED] Request for a Friend
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 12:18:20 PM »
I am closing I am closing this request. I managed to contact the artist, and she sent me the picture.

Offline John Red Beard

• Local Moderator
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
Re: [CLOSED] Request for a Friend
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 02:03:17 PM »
Glad to hear it!
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")