The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How do you handle burnout?  (Read 2788 times)

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
How do you handle burnout?
« on: February 05, 2019, 12:45:37 PM »
I used to play simple games like minesweeper and tetris in between writing sessions to reset my focus, but those became way too much of a distraction, so I deleted them. Now I meditate, but yesterday I underwent a serious episode of burnout, maybe because it was so cloudy (I'm totally dichotomous in my weather preferences) and didn't even feel like doing that.

So do you guys have any special ways of resetting your enthusiasm for your jobs or hobbies?
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: How do you handle burnout?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:21:58 AM »
Sometimes taking a break works best (how long of a break depends entirely on the individual) and shifting your focus to something else you enjoy or have interest in. Learning, building, and creating new things; no matter how stupid or useless, are some of the most difficult but often most rewarding things one can do. I try to think of new ways to make my life more efficient or how I can improve something. It doesn't involve a whole lot of effort, but it does keep the mind busy to inspire new ideas. I find this is what works best for me, but everyone is different.

Offline SerpentineSlither

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake serpent slither
  • Coloring: Black and red and brown and black
  • Height: 11ft
  • Weight: 12
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 05:56:57 AM »
Burnout can't hurt you if you run faster than the burn and chase the passion of the fire and fly towards your goals

You are stronger than fur
  • Signature art by: Me

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 05:31:59 PM »
I walk. A lot. Go outside and just ... go. You'd be surprised at how nature soothes your soul. I use nature walks to treat burnout and writer's block since the woods give off an air of freshness not found in my room or house.

So, go walk. Explore. Come back with fresh air and a fresh perspective.
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 09:35:08 AM »
Depends on the level of burnout.

If I find myself burning out I usually take a break and do healthy things. Exercise, eat healthy, I try not to stay still or lie in bed cause then it just gets me stress and I feel unproductive and gross.

However if I superbly burn out, what can happen is I don't give myself time to recover and so I'll have scattered burnouts all throughout the week, if I have this pattern I'll just stop for a week or two, take unpaid vacation from work and just relax for a week. That's only happened once (and it was when my partners brother was murdered, so it takes a LOT to get me to that state).
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";