Author Topic: Heroes Rift (Superhero RP - OOC - Open)  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
Heroes Rift (Superhero RP - OOC - Open)
« on: January 31, 2019, 06:33:21 AM »
Based (loosely) on ideas from Into the Spider-Verse... What if the heroes had failed?

All over the country, millions of furs turn on their televisions and radios, eagerly waiting for the president to speak and tell them it's going to be okay, that the world did NOT just end three days ago. A well dressed lion with a grim face appears on the television, despite the static that plagues it ever since the incident. The lion, President Grimrar, is seated with a quiet dignity, designed to put the nation at ease.

"Citizens of the United Allies of the Americas," he begins, "we have come face to face with not only a national emergency, but a worldwide crisis. Three days ago, an unidentified event caused a space-time rift to open up underneath New York City. We can now confirm that it swallowed everyone in the New York city area, including our great team of heroes, the Revengers. And, in even graver news, the rift is expanding. Our top scientists predict it will swallow the continental U.A. in a week, and the world in two weeks." He stands up, a fiery determination in his eyes. "But all hope is not lost! Our scientists have found a way to collapse the rift from the inside! And that is why, with our beloved band of heroes lost to the initial explosion, I turn to you, my country, and verily, the world. If there are any heroes out there, if there are any of the strong and the brave hiding among us, we need you now more than ever to cast aside your normal life and come here to save us all! Because without you... There's no telling if even devouring our world can end this rift."

The television cuts out, leaving our soon to be heroes staring at their own reflections in the screen. They are...

Name:
Superhero Alias:
Species:
Physical Description:
Superpowers/Abilities:
When the TV cuts out...

My character for reference:
Name: Evelyn Tendso
Superhero Alias: Mindclaw
Species: Panther
Physical Description: Ten years ago, the mighty Mindclaw was an impressive figure, as if cut from marble. Nowadays, she is slightly less so. She keeps fit enough, but her skintight suit and armor days are over. Nowadays she's more likely to be caught in comfortable sweats and with her long hair in a loose bun to keep it out of her face and food.
Superpowers/Abilities: Telepathy & telekinesis
When the TV cuts out, Evelyn stares at it blankly, observing for the millionth time the scar that cuts along her forehead, crossing from under her hair to across her eyes. There was a time when she would have been with the Revengers three days ago. Ten years ago, Mindclaw was a hero... Her eyes harden into determination. She is still a hero. It is not in the caliber of your ability, but in your ability to volunteer for certain death. She runs to the closet and throws it wide open, exposing a decade old supersuit. "That's... Not going to fit." She mutters. Well fine then. To the tailor, and then, to the president!

Rules:
You all know the basics. There won't be a posting order to start, but you should all post fairly regularly. If someone doesn't post for 3-4 days, we're just going to assume they're going along with the group silently. Try not to make your characters super OP. Let's have some fun :3

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Height: 6'3''
  • Build: Tall and broad-shouldered
Re: Heroes Rift (Superhero RP - OOC - Open)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 12:01:42 AM »
Name: Hunter Karloff
Superhero Alias: Undecided
Species: Red Wolf
Physical Description: Tall and with a decently athletic build, but nothing refined and overly muscled like a practiced hero.
Superpowers/Abilities: Can create flames/fireballs at will

Watching the grim broadcast blink off, Hunter feels a pit of dread forming in his stomach. He knows that his abilities are what the government needs right now, but he's never used them for something like this before. He's tried his best to keep them under wraps and not show them to anyone for his entire life. The only person who knows about his supernatural abilities is his own mother, and even around her he's attempted not to let them be shown unless absolutely necessary. But it seems like there's no choice anymore. The world needs heroes, and Hunter supposed he'd have to do. Time to answer the call...
Predators vs. Prey double victory 1/7/18 - achieved with NovaKamikazi

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 12:21:15 AM »
Approved! I’m going to wait for a few more people and then I’ll get this started!

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Height: 6'3''
  • Build: Tall and broad-shouldered
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 02:17:03 AM »
Nice! Let me know when you make the first post.
Predators vs. Prey double victory 1/7/18 - achieved with NovaKamikazi

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 07:01:31 PM »
I don’t know if anyone else is going to sign up. Would you like to start this up just the two of us, and maybe others can join later?