The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello.  (Read 914 times)

Offline Phantom The Painted Wolf

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Painted Wolf
  • Coloring: Hair colour: Auburn. Fur colour: A mixture of colours. Eye colour: one is green, one is blue.
  • Currently: 😊
Hello.
« on: November 09, 2018, 11:09:51 AM »
I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. I don't know if I'm actually a furry. In all honesty, I came here to find out more about furries. I figured that coming to a place that furries meet and talk would be the best way to do so. The character I'm using as my fursona is one that I made for a story. I don't know if he technically counts, but he's the closest thing I have to one, to the best of my knowledge. I haven't actually drawn him yet, but I intend to soon. I am more than happy to make friends while I'm here, but I am incredibly awkward. Thank you for your time.

- Skylar
  • Signature art by: Myself.
- Phantom

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
Re: Hello.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 11:37:27 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum! What do you want to know about furries? I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have :3
Describe your character, we'll see how they look and if they count. But honestly, being a furry doesn't require you to have a character, we just have them for fun. All you need to do is like the idea of anthropomorphic animals and you're in the clear.
I hope to see you around, enjoy your time here!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Hair colour: Auburn. Fur colour: A mixture of colours. Eye colour: one is green, one is blue.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 12:35:28 PM »
Thank you  :). Other than liking the idea of anthropomorphic animals, is there anything else that might make someone a furry, or that many furries have in common? Also, what is fursuiting, and is there any criteria for it?

I've just finished drawing Skylar, and a picture is attached. The image quality isn't great, but hopefully it is good enough for you to be able to see him. Thank you for your time.
- Phantom

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 02:11:07 PM »
It's the main thing that the fandom is based upon, but what a lot of furries have in common is being friendly and open towards others. It's by no means a requirement but for whatever reason furries tend to be very inclusive. We're all here to have fun after all, regardless of nationality, gender, age, political views, financial status or whatever else that usually separates people.

Fursuiting is wearing a costume of an anthro animal (kinda like school mascots :P). It's most common on conventions and gatherings, but some furries do it privately for fun.
The requirement is owning such costume, which isn't chat cheap. But again, it's definitely not a requirement of being a furry, just another way to enjoy it.
It's a pretty decent drawing. I guess you're from the side that prefers animalistic humans more than anthro animals but it still counts of course.
I hope I cleared some things up

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 03:48:23 PM »
Thanks  :D. Another question has come up. I've been looking on different forums about people's fursonas, and I've seen the terms pets and masters come up a few times. What does that mean? Is it the same as it would mean regularly? Thank you for you time.
- Phantom

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 05:02:17 PM »
Hello! Welcome to the Furry Forums!
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 05:09:28 PM »
It depends on the particular case.
But usually we just do it for fun.
You know, you adopt a pet, only that pet is someone else. And you can play and all that.
It's a bit weird when I describe it but oh well.

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 06:03:51 PM »
I see. Thank you for answering my questions  :). I have to admit, I was a little nervous when I first signed up. I wasn't really sure what to expect. Thank you for being so nice.
- Phantom

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 07:13:35 PM »
No problem. I hope you enjoy yourself, if you need anything else feel free to message or find me somewhere.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 09:00:38 PM »
Hi! I also joined to kind of figure this whole thing out (very recently) and I think the basis is kind of to make friends, be a part of a community, and be fluffy while you're at it! Maybe? Heck if I know. Glad to have you :3

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 09:19:34 PM »
Thank you both for welcoming me so warmly. I'm glad I joined. You've both been really kind to me.  ^_^
- Phantom

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 02:22:39 PM »
Hey there, welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here. I just had one question....
If you were wolf, what are you now? :P